TheManaDrain.com
August 20, 2019, 03:23:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Commander 2013  (Read 25276 times)
Wagner
Basic User

View Profile
« on: October 18, 2013, 07:20:30 am »

Only 51 cards, but there seems to be plenty of goodies.

Act of Authority
   1ww
Enchantment    Rare
When Act of Authority enters the battlefield, you may exile target artifact or enchantment.
At the beginning of your upkeep, you may exile target artifact or enchantment. If you do, its controller gains control of Act of Authority.

This seems very playable. You get 1 free removal, then you can choose to remove something else by giving the removal option to another player. Definitively a great multiplayer card!

Mystic Barrier
   4w
Enchantment    Rare
When Mystic Barrier enters the battlefield or at the beginning of your upkeep, choose left or right.
Each player many attack only the opponent seated nearest him or her in the last chosen direction and planeswalkers controlled by that player.

That does sound a bit clunky, possibly slowing down the game, but I really like those types of effects, you can simply protect yourself every turn by changing the direction.

Unexpectedly Absent
   xww
Instant    Rare
Put target nonland permanent into its owner's library just beneath the top X cards of that library.

Instant removal for any non-land permanent, this is a no brainer.

Tempt with Reflections
   3u
Sorcery    Rare
Tempting offer — Choose target creature you control. Put a token onto the battlefield that's a copy of that creature. Each opponent may put a token onto the battlefield that's a copy of that creature. For each opponent who does, put a token onto the battlefield that's a copy of that creature.

That just sounds hilarious. As long as you don't target a Legend, it should make plenty of shenanigans, unfortunately, it's only creatures you control, making it too weak.

Baleful Force
   5bbb
Creature — Elemental    Rare
At the beginning of each upkeep, you draw a card and lose 1 life.
"As with any malevolent being, the trick is knowing how long you can afford to keep it in your service."
-Liliana Vess
Illus. Eytan Zana   7/7

I'm pretty sure this is playable. It's basically Verdant force but with cards instead of tokens.

Price of Knowledge
   6b
Enchantment    Rare
Players have no maximum hand size.
At the beginning of each opponent's upkeep, Price of Knowledge deals damage to that player equal to the number of cards in that player's hand.
Illus. Dan Scott

This looks really powerful actually. Each opponent takes 2-4 damage per turn, and it's not that easy to remove. Not a must counter, but it will take its toll before it's removed for sure.

Tempt with Immortality
   4b
Sorcery    Rare
Tempting offer — Return a creature card from your graveyard to the battlefield. Each opponent may return a creature card from his or her graveyard to the battlefield. For each player who does, return a creature card from your graveyard to the battlefield.

Very risky, as people might have better cards in their graveyard than yours, or you might not have enough creatures in yours, still has potential.

Witch Hunt
   4r
Enchantment    Rare
Players can't gain life.
At the beginning of your upkeep, Witch Hunt deals 4 damage to you.
At the beginning of your end step, target opponent chosen at random gains control of Witch Hunt.

Again, hilarious! Chaos stacks for sure, otherwise might be a bit more annoying than anything.

Jeleva, Nephalia's Scourge
   1ubr
Legendary Creature — Vampire Wizard    Mythic Rare
Flying
When Jeleva, Nephalia's Scourge enters the battlefield, each player exiles the top X cards of his or her library, where X is the amount of mana spent to cast Jeleva.
Whenever Jeleva attacks, you may cast an instant or sorcery card exiled with it without paying its mana cost.

Mill everyone for 4 and then hope it lives to your next attack phase... meh

Shattergang Brothers
   1brg
Legendary Creature — Goblin Artificer    Mythic Rare
2{B}, Sacrifice a creature: Each other player sacrifices a creature.
2{R}, Sacrifice an artifact: Each other player sacrifices an artifact.
2{G}, Sacrifice an enchantment: Each other player sacrifices an enchantment.
Illus. Kev Walker   3/3

This is actually an upgrade to Innocent Blood, not too powerful, but make be ok.

Eye of Doom
Artifact    Rare
When Eye of Doom enters the battlefield, each player chooses a nonland permanent and puts a doom counter on it.
2, {T}, Sacrifice Eye of Doom: Destroy each permanent with a doom counter.

And this is mostly better than Split the Earth, should make it in most stacks.
Stormanimagus
Basic User

maestrosmith55
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 04:26:18 pm »

You named none of the ACTUAL vintage playables.

They are:

The 2B wrath card
The 3W Angel Tormod's Crypt (this is even arguably not good enough)

All the other cards I saw we're cute but probably will see very little vintage success.

-Storm

"To light a candle is to cast a shadow. . ."

—Ursula K. Leguin
JACO
Full Members
Basic User

Don't be a meatball.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 04:52:35 pm »

They are:

The 2B wrath card

All the other cards I saw we're cute but probably will see very little vintage success.

-Storm
It's a good thing he didn't, because this is in the TYPE 4 FORUM, not Vintage. Thank you for your concern.

Want to write about Vintage, Legacy, Modern, Type 4, or Commander/EDH? Eternal Central is looking for writers! Contact me. Follow me on Twitter @JMJACO. Follow Eternal Central on Twitter @EternalCentral.
Stormanimagus
Basic User

maestrosmith55
View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2013, 05:38:42 pm »

They are:

The 2B wrath card

-Storm
It's a good thing he didn't, because this is in the TYPE 4 FORUM, not Vintage. Thank you for your concern.

Whoops. Apologies.

"To light a candle is to cast a shadow. . ."

—Ursula K. Leguin
Wagner
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2013, 03:45:11 am »

They are:

The 2B wrath card

-Storm

Whoops. Apologies.

Lol, you really though I was suggesting a 7 mana enchantment that does a few damage a turn as a vintage playable card? Razz
vaughnbros
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2013, 11:00:43 am »

They are:

The 2B wrath card

-Storm

Whoops. Apologies.

Lol, you really though I was suggesting a 7 mana enchantment that does a few damage a turn as a vintage playable card? Razz

That card is really good for type 4 though Wink

Baleful Force also seems decent.  Not sure if any of the others are strong enough.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: