TheManaDrain.com
February 19, 2020, 06:57:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sneaky Warpshow  (Read 1594 times)
Runings
Basic User

View Profile Email
« on: October 24, 2013, 12:07:48 pm »

Hi guys! I want to share a deck I made thatís a little bit on the silly side, but also very powerful. Iím sure everyone is laughing when I say the deck is built around Chaos Warp! Together with Show and Tell & Sneak Attack, the deck has a very high threat density and opponents must have counterspells to survive.

Here you can playtest: http://playtest.tappedout.net/sneaky-warpshow/

Mana(20):
4 Scalding Tarn
4 Volcanic Island
4 Ancient Tomb
2 City of Traitors
1 Black Lotus
1 Lotus Petal
1 Mana Crypt
1 Mox Ruby
1 Mox Sapphire
1 Sol Ring

Creatures(20):
4 Blightsteel Colossus
4 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
4 Griselbrand
4 Kozilek, Butcher of Truth
4 Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre

Spells(20):
4 Omniscience
4 Sneak Attack
4 Show and Tell
4 Chaos Warp
1 Timetwister
1 Wheel of Fortune
1 Ancestral Recall
1 Brainstorm

Basically, I want every spell to be a lethal threat. Landing Omniscience via Show and Tell or Chaos Warp should win you the game. With 20 creatures and 8 powerful enchantments your hand will always be filled with threats that can be cheated into play with good timing! Perhaps cantrips or FoW could be included but that lowers the Chaos Warp hit % and takes away all the fun!

Chaos Warp Ė With this silly spell you target your own mana source and hope for the best!
ē   Great hit: Creatures and Enchantments (28 cards)
ē   Bad hit: Lands and Artifacts (20 cards)
ē   Miss: Instant and Sorceries (12 cards)

And swapping something like City of Traitors for Emrakul is really a great hit! That makes it pretty much a 50/50 for a great hit when casting Chaos Warp. This deck is not really expecting a late game, but the hit % for Chaos Warp only rises as the game moves along.. When playing spells like Wheel of Fortune you dump your hand into the graveyard while 16/20 of your creatures shuffle back into the library. Then you warp them onto the battlefield with a much higher Warp %  Smile

Sneak Attack Ė All 20 creatures have a nasty impact on the battlefield. 12 of them have annihilator 4-6, everyone knows what BC does and Griselbrand draws you into more game-ending spells. Also, the new legendary rule is very welcome in this deck!

As I donít have all the cards I have yet to test this deck, but goldfishing online at least makes me a little bit excited! All in all I donít expect this to be the best deck ever, but would love some input from the vintage community! A card like Demonic Consultation would be amazing as thereís 4x of all the essential stuff, and obviously other black tutors too. Is adding black worthwhile? I guess City of Brass/Gemstone Mine is fine here but would also like to keep fetchlands for deck thinning and better Warp %. Thoughts? Changes? Sideboard? Sure it will struggle against workshops but at least UR have access to Hurkylís Recall and artifact destruction  Smile
quicksilvervii
Adepts
Basic User

There will be water if Ka wills it.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 01:15:50 pm »

Hi guys! I want to share a deck I made thatís a little bit on the silly side, but also very powerful. Iím sure everyone is laughing when I say the deck is built around Chaos Warp! Together with Show and Tell & Sneak Attack, the deck has a very high threat density and opponents must have counterspells to survive.

Here you can playtest: http://playtest.tappedout.net/sneaky-warpshow/

Mana(20):
4 Scalding Tarn
4 Volcanic Island
4 Ancient Tomb
2 City of Traitors
1 Black Lotus
1 Lotus Petal
1 Mana Crypt
1 Mox Ruby
1 Mox Sapphire
1 Sol Ring

Creatures(20):
4 Blightsteel Colossus
4 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
4 Griselbrand
4 Kozilek, Butcher of Truth
4 Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre

Spells(20):
4 Omniscience
4 Sneak Attack
4 Show and Tell
4 Chaos Warp
1 Timetwister
1 Wheel of Fortune
1 Ancestral Recall
1 Brainstorm

Basically, I want every spell to be a lethal threat. Landing Omniscience via Show and Tell or Chaos Warp should win you the game. With 20 creatures and 8 powerful enchantments your hand will always be filled with threats that can be cheated into play with good timing! Perhaps cantrips or FoW could be included but that lowers the Chaos Warp hit % and takes away all the fun!

Chaos Warp Ė With this silly spell you target your own mana source and hope for the best!
ē   Great hit: Creatures and Enchantments (28 cards)
ē   Bad hit: Lands and Artifacts (20 cards)
ē   Miss: Instant and Sorceries (12 cards)

And swapping something like City of Traitors for Emrakul is really a great hit! That makes it pretty much a 50/50 for a great hit when casting Chaos Warp. This deck is not really expecting a late game, but the hit % for Chaos Warp only rises as the game moves along.. When playing spells like Wheel of Fortune you dump your hand into the graveyard while 16/20 of your creatures shuffle back into the library. Then you warp them onto the battlefield with a much higher Warp %  Smile

Sneak Attack Ė All 20 creatures have a nasty impact on the battlefield. 12 of them have annihilator 4-6, everyone knows what BC does and Griselbrand draws you into more game-ending spells. Also, the new legendary rule is very welcome in this deck!

As I donít have all the cards I have yet to test this deck, but goldfishing online at least makes me a little bit excited! All in all I donít expect this to be the best deck ever, but would love some input from the vintage community! A card like Demonic Consultation would be amazing as thereís 4x of all the essential stuff, and obviously other black tutors too. Is adding black worthwhile? I guess City of Brass/Gemstone Mine is fine here but would also like to keep fetchlands for deck thinning and better Warp %. Thoughts? Changes? Sideboard? Sure it will struggle against workshops but at least UR have access to Hurkylís Recall and artifact destruction  Smile

Chaos Warp just seems too random to me.

If I was going to play a deck with a bunch of big threats that do nothing in my hand I would probably just take a legacy hypergenesis deck and start there.

When there is no wind, row.
d8dk32
Full Members
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 01:40:48 pm »

The advantage of Chaos Warp is that it can be used on opponents problem permanents as well.
xouman
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 05:02:23 am »

I'd include oath of druids,  Stronghold Gambit, quicksilver amulet, channel... Or dream halls. You can have lots of big bombs, but if you have 8+4 ways to play them, you can be buried under counterspells. Not talking about spheres effects / fish mana denial, quickness of dredge/combo...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: