TheManaDrain.com
March 30, 2020, 05:57:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Eternal Magic League @ 20 Sided Store - Vintage 4/19, 5/31, 6/28 (Brooklyn, NY)  (Read 5163 times)
Changster
Adepts
Basic User

View Profile
« on: April 02, 2014, 09:08:06 pm »

*NOTE* I'm posting on behalf of my local comic shop, the Twenty Sided Store, in Brooklyn/Williamsburg.  They recently put together an awesome Eternal Magic League, which includes Modern, Legacy, AND Vintage events.  This is the kind of stuff I've been waiting for since the days of Neutral Ground.  Hope to see you all there!

**IMPORTANT** - PROXIES WILL NOT BE ALLOWED.

For the direct link, go to:  http://twentysidedstore.com/blog/saturday-night-eternal-magic-league

=================================================================================
Want your GP hotel paid for by the store? Want to win that Judge foil Dark Confidant in the case? Well, start playing in our Saturday Night Eternal Magic League!

Three Saturday nights a month (Prereleases and other special events excepted), we値l have highly competitive eternal Magic tournaments. Formats will rotate between sanctioned Modern, Legacy and Vintage (yes, Vintage). The buy-in will be higher, but the top-end prize payout will be great.

- Each tournament will have 32 spots available.
- Entry is $30 per event, $25 if you signup early
- Signups will be done entirely in advance

For each event, signups will be done entirely in advance. We値l start taking in-store presignups on the Monday and Tuesday preceding the tournament. You値l receive a $5 Early Bird Discount for signing up Monday or Tuesday. Online and in-store signups will be available Wednesday through Friday for $30. Signups will close at midnight on Friday.

Date / Format / First Place Prize
April 12th, 2014: Modern, 1x each Zendikar fetchland
April 19th, 2014: Vintage, Judge Foil Dark Confidant
May 10th, 2014: Modern, Foil Tarmogoyf
May 17th, 2014: Legacy, Foil Stoneforge Mystic
May 31st, 2014: Vintage, Guru Island
June 7th, 2014: Modern, Foil MMA Dark Confidant
June 14th, 2014: Legacy, FTV: 20 and artist signed Foil Deathrite Shaman
June 28th, 2014: Vintage, 1x Flooded Strand and Polluted Delta Unlimited Ancestral Recall

Non-first place records of X-1 for each event is $100 store credit.

Card prizes are subject to change. Changes will only be higher in retail price.

For each tournament, we値l play 4-5 rounds of swiss depending on attendance. There will be no cut to top X unless there is tie between first and second place. In cases of a 1st / 2nd place tie, we will have a 1 round playoff.

Each week, First Place will win an awesome card (or cards) as noted above from our collection.

Players not finishing first and with a record of X-1 will receive $100 store credit.

The Top 8 Eternal Magic League Players during the season (8 total events) will also get some special awards. The Top 8 will have their entry to Grand Prix Boston (Modern) paid for by Twenty Sided Store. In addition, first place will have their hotel accommodations paid for by the store!

We値l also have Players Choice Awards. Players will submit anonymous ballots at the end of the season voting for gamers who demonstrated great sportsmanship and deck creativity throughout the season. These awards are not just for bragging rights, winners of these awards will also receive store credit prize!

All prizes are guaranteed at a minimum of 8 players for each event.

The Top 8 Eternal Magic League Players will be determined by League Points.
- For each tournament you play in, you値l receive 1 point
- For each match win, you値l receive 1 point

At the end of the season, we値l tally all those points to determine the Top 8.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 01:48:03 pm by Changster » Logged

2006 Legacy Champion
2005 Vintage Champion

@RolandMTG on Twitter
Changster
Adepts
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 11:19:46 am »

**Reminder** - you can register for this Saturday's event (4/19) online via the link below.  The event starts at 5pm.

https://twentysidedstore.com/signups/eternal-magic-league/slots/vintage-judge-foil-confidant/reservations/new
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 11:55:47 am by Changster » Logged

2006 Legacy Champion
2005 Vintage Champion

@RolandMTG on Twitter
boggyb
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 06:53:08 pm »

I'd love to come but unfortunately have family obligations to attend to. I WILL be at the next one!

Everyone nearby! Please make it to this if you can, and please try and impress upon them how much it would rule if we could have proxy tournaments there! These are the first Vintage tournaments they've had and could use some encouragement for future events by seeing a big turn out. New York is a very convenient location to host tournaments so it would rock if they softened to the idea and this grew into a regular thing with better prize support. Thank you!
Hrishi
Basic User

hrishikesh29@gmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 07:13:00 pm »

I live fairly close by and would love to come as well. Unfortunately, because I have only gotten into magic/vintage a few months ago, playing a no-proxy tournament is basically impossible. Maybe later on down the road once I can pick up more power. Good luck.

Lyna turned to the figure beside her. "They're gone. What now?"
"As ever," said Urza, "we wait."
boggyb
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 08:02:06 pm »

Sweet! If you have a second, please call them and tell them as much, in as polite, friendly, and understanding a manner as possible. Any encouragement will help: https://twentysidedstore.com/about . I'm going to do the same. They should at least allow us to proxy power, Bazaar, Workshop, and maybe Drain and Vault as well.
Samoht
Adepts
Basic User

Team RST

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2014, 08:02:28 pm »

I live fairly close by and would love to come as well. Unfortunately, because I have only gotten into magic/vintage a few months ago, playing a no-proxy tournament is basically impossible. Maybe later on down the road once I can pick up more power. Good luck.

If this is firing on a non-Vintage day I'll lend you my cards. I refuse to go to the store but won't stop you from doing it. I live about 10 minutes away.

Char? Char you! I like the play.
-Randy Bueller

I swear I'll burn the city down to show you the light.

The best part of believe is the lie
Changster
Adepts
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2014, 10:53:15 am »

The 4/19 Event this past weekend had a total of 24 non-proxied Vintage decks!  Good games, good times  Very Happy

Metagame was filled with Oath, Shops, Dredge, Merfolk, Delver, Death & Taxes, Combo, and an assortment of control decks.  Below is the link to the top performing decks after 5 rounds of competitive Swiss with a 4-1 record or better.

http://twentysidedstore.com/blog/eternal-league-week-2

See you all at the next one on May 31st!

2006 Legacy Champion
2005 Vintage Champion

@RolandMTG on Twitter
disrupting specter
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2014, 06:44:07 pm »

Sounds awesome! I am seeing this a bit after the post. I will try like hell to make 5/31. This is exactly what I am looking for. Close to home and zero proxy.

Yes, zero proxy. I don't want to open that hell vault again but now that Eternal Weekend is in this area, testing zero proxy is absolutely relavent.
Jostin123
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2014, 09:33:17 pm »

Just saw this post... I will definately be there and bring some people with me.
boggyb
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2014, 10:14:32 pm »

I am available and extremely antsy to go to the next one but don't have the cards. Am missing:

Ancestral Recall
Time Walk
Mox Emerald
Mox Pearl
Mox Sapphire
3x Underground Sea
1x Tropical Island

(i.e. I have Ruby, Jet, Lotus.)

Any way I can borrow these from someone? I really can't compete unless I have all of these. Will put down a deposit, a kidney, whatever. Thanks in advance.
boggyb
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2014, 12:23:30 pm »

Anybody? Anybody? Have just picked up the Trop I needed; may come in the mail before the 31st.
DaveKap
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2014, 08:52:38 pm »

I have 2 Seas and a Trop. Would also like to borrow a Ruby/Lotus/Sapphire/Recall/Walk or 4 Bazaar of Baghdad.
themchops
Restricted Posting
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2014, 10:17:46 pm »

I'll be going to this, as my ride options are now nonexistent in getting to the NYSE qualifier at TDG in NJ.

I'll have some cards to lend (blue duals, library, and potentially some misc power depending on what deck I settle on playing).
boggyb
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2014, 05:07:52 pm »

So sick -- I'm covered now for everything save the Pearl and Emerald. Thanks Vintage community!

Does anyone have an Emerald and/or Pearl I can borrow? Emerald is priority -- can likely do without the Pearl.
Changster
Adepts
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2014, 09:43:53 pm »

Boggyb, I've got your Emerald too Very Happy

See you all on Saturday!  And don't forget to pre-reg at:  https://twentysidedstore.com/signups/eternal-magic-league/slots/vintage-guru-island/reservations/new
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 09:58:31 pm by Changster » Logged

2006 Legacy Champion
2005 Vintage Champion

@RolandMTG on Twitter
disrupting specter
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2014, 12:00:39 pm »

Friendly players in attendance! Had fun.
DaveKap
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2014, 08:45:54 am »

I'm looking to borrow any or all of the following for the Vintage tournament on the 28th. I have dual lands and cash as collateral to hold onto.

1 Ancestral Recall
1 Time Walk
1 Black Lotus
1 Mox Sapphire
1 Mox Ruby
1 Dack Fayden

4 Bazaar of Baghdad

david.h.kaplan@gmail.com

Thanks
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 08:51:34 am by DaveKap » Logged
KanaKaishou
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2014, 09:16:21 pm »

I'll finally be able to make it out to one of these. Pretty excited to play, Luis!
boggyb
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2014, 10:47:19 am »

Can anyone lend me an Emerald and/or a Sapphire? I've got a line on an Ancestral. Those three are the only ones I'm missing.

Thanks!
Moy
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2014, 10:47:41 pm »

Game! Very Happy Can someone fill me in on the parking situation?
Samoht
Adepts
Basic User

Team RST

View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2014, 08:34:51 am »

Game! Very Happy Can someone fill me in on the parking situation?

It's a bit tough but there is street parking around the store. It's a few minutes down the road from my house.

-Randy Bueller

Changster
Adepts
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2014, 01:45:35 pm »

Don't forget to pre-reg and sign up here:  https://twentysidedstore.com/signups/eternal-magic-league/slots/vintage-last-week-ancestral-recall/reservations/new

The updated prize is now an Unlimited Ancestral Recall.  Still no proxies allowed, entry fee $30, and tournament starts at 5pm.  I have spoken with the organizer and there is a possibility of cut to top X, not sure what that number is.

Best of luck to all attending!  Very Happy

2006 Legacy Champion
2005 Vintage Champion

@RolandMTG on Twitter
Samoht
Adepts
Basic User

Team RST

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2014, 03:07:28 pm »

If you're someone I know and want to borrow things for this please let me know. I don't mind lending to people whom I know personally. I have almost anything you could want for a Drain or Fish deck. Specifically talking to HrishiQQ, but to anyone else intending on going as well.

-Randy Bueller

boggyb
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2014, 08:27:06 pm »

p.s. Any chance this might pick up again? How was the turnout and reception from the store?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: