TheManaDrain.com
February 20, 2019, 03:33:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Journey Into Nyx  (Read 4368 times)
Lysyc12
Basic User

View Profile
« on: April 16, 2014, 09:42:07 pm »

Haven't seen anyone else bring this up, so I figured I'd  post some of the spoilers thus far that have caught my eye for Type 4.

Hypnotic Siren     {U}
Enchantment Creature- Siren
Bestow 5UU
Flying
You control enchanted creature.
Enchanted creature gets +1/+1 and has flying.
1/1

Another solid Control Magic effect and this one even leaves behind a chump blocker after the creature dies!

Polumorphus Rush   {2} {U}
Instant
Strive Polymorphous Rush costs  {1} {U} more to cast for each target beyond the first.
Choose a creature on the battlefield. Any number of target creatures you control each become a copy of that creature until end of turn.

I keep trying to get Mirrorweave to work in my stack but it's usually too situational.  This one gives you more control over the effect, so it seems like it may work better.

Silence the Belivers    {2} {B} {B}
Instant
Strive Silence the Believers costs 2B more to cast for each target beyond the first.
Exile any number of target creatures and all Auras attached to them.

An instant speed, exiling Plague Wind!  I realize that this isn't quite that, but it's close enough for me!

Worst Fears     {7} {B}
Sorcery
You control target player during that player's next turn. Exile Worst Fears.

Haven't decided if this is going to replace Mindslaver (It's been a little too easy to recur sometimes) in my stack, or just be an extra effect, but I still want to try it.

Bearer of the Heavens   {7} {R}
Creature--Giant
When Bearer of the Heavens dies, destroy all permanents at the beginning of the next end step.
10/10

On the fence about this guy, but he seems like he'd be a really good beatdown guy that makes your opponents hesitant about killing it.  Then again, he might just have a huge target on his head from the guy who has little board presence.
Metamind
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 09:30:57 am »

I want to play with Silence the Believers and Worst Fears, both good known effects that we want more of. Silence exiles, but also targets. I think it's a fair tradeoff, but then again I will play any instant mass removal right now anyway.

Another card I really like is:

Dictate of the Twin Gods    {3}{R} {R}

Enchantment

Flash

If a source would deal damage to a permanent or player, it deals double that damage to that permanent or player instead.
Wagner
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 03:45:06 pm »

This set is looking great, here is a few more :

Extinguish All Hope
4BB
Sorcery
Destroy all nonenchantment creatures.

Basically another sweeper. Nothing great, but if the card isn't worth a ton.

Harness by Force
1RR
Sorcery
Strive Harness by Force costs 2R more to cast for each target beyond the first.
Gain control of any number of target creatures until end of turn. Untap those creatures. They gain haste until end of turn.

Another Insurrection, even if it targets.

VikingMetal4L
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 08:39:42 pm »

I think the right way to think about Silence the Believers is not as a Plague Wind variant with pros and cons, but rather as the best Unmake/Path to Exile ever. A very strong card, and the best spoiled from JOU so far.

Dictate of the Twin Gods will lead to some very exciting turns. Flash is good enough that a few of the others (Erebos/Heliod) might be worth it too.

Polymorphous rush is a tough one to evaluate, as it is situationally a blow out or a dead card. I think it's probably bad because it seems tough to get high value out of it on someone else's turn, but it should be interesting to test out. (ETA: the same way that Savage Beating isn't reallly an instant.)

I've been looking to go ever heavier on instants/flash, so I'm pretty pleased with what we've seen so far.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 08:43:03 pm by VikingMetal4L » Logged
Metamind
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2014, 09:15:24 am »

This set is pretty good for a small set. Much better than BNG!

I think the right way to think about Silence the Believers is not as a Plague Wind variant with pros and cons, but rather as the best Unmake/Path to Exile ever. A very strong card, and the best spoiled from JOU so far.
I agree it's the best card spoiled so far.

I'll be including:

Worst Fears
Silence the Believers
Dictate of the Twin Gods

And two new cards spoiled today:

Consign to Dust {2} {G}

Instant

Strive - Consign to Dust costs {2} {G} more to cast for each target beyond the first.

Destroy any number of target artifacts and/or enchantments.

One of the best disenchant variants out there.

Countermand   {2}{U} {U}

Instant

Counter target spell. Its controller puts the top four cards of his or her library into his or her graveyard.

Just another hard counter, but I still need more of them for my large stack (400 cards).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: