TheManaDrain.com
August 24, 2019, 11:12:21 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Standalone  (Read 2838 times)
Lurker101
Basic User

View Profile
« on: June 13, 2014, 02:38:49 am »

Hi! So i've been working on this format in it's different incarnations for awhile now and the basic premise is that only cards that don't come from blocks or core sets are legal. Most of these cards have never been played in an environment without power. In order for a set to qualify it has to include unique cards or be part of an ongoing product that contains unique cards. For example Planechase is an all reprint set but Planechase 2012 contains many new printings so both are legal in this format. Also any promo cards legal in vintage are legal in Standalone. I've also decided to include 2 Unglued/Unhinged cards per color but nothing too weird. I think the cards I've included will add value to the game play experience. This format has a restricted list and banned list as well as a watchlist for cards that may be too good for the format but haven't proven to be yet. You may still play with 4 copies of any card on the watchlist. Any future standalone sets should be expected to be added to the format as well.

Legal Sets: Arabian Knights, Legends, Antiquities, The Dark, Fallen Empires, Homelands, Portal, Portal 3 Kingdoms, Portal Second Age, Starter/Starter99, Commander, Commander 2013, Planechase, Planechase 2012, Archenemy and Conspiracy

Legal Promos Arena, Mana Crypt, Nalathini Dragon, Giant Badger, Sewers of Estark, and Windseeker Centaur

Legal Un-Cards:
Artifacts: Jack-in-the-Mox, & World-Bottling Kit
Red:Blast from the Past & Strategy Schmategy
Blue Mise & Magical Hacker*
White Once More With Feeling & Look at me! I'm the DCI
Green Uktabi Kong & Timmy, Power Gamer (Legendary Creature- Human Gamer)
Back Organ Harvest & Jumbo Imp
MultiWho/What/When/Where/Why?

The Following Cards are Banned
All Planes
All Conspiracies
All Schemes
Aether Searcher
Agent of Aquisitions
Amulet of Quoz
Bronze Tablet
Canal Dredger
Cogwork Grinder
Cogwork Librarian
Cogwork Spy
Cogwork Tracker
Command Tower
Deal Broker
Falling Star
Jeweled Bird
Lore Seeker
Lurking Automaton
Paliano, the High City
Rebirth
Tempest Efreet
Timmerian Fiends
Whispergear Sneak

The following cards are restricted:
Brainstorm
Imperial Seal
Library of Alexandria
Magical Hacker
Mana Crypt
Mana Drain
Mishra's Workshop
Shahrazad
Sol Ring
Strip Mine
True-Name Nemesis

Temporary Watchlist
Bloodbraid elf
Dack Fayden
Dark Ritual
Fact or Fiction
Grim Tutor
Lodestone Golem
Mana Drain
Magical Hacker
Mise
Once More With Feeling
Power Artifact
Shardless Agent
Skullclamp
Windfall

This format was modeled after old invitational formats as well as extended and modern. It's a lot of fun to play so far. Does anyone have feedback or want to post a deck idea? If you're interested in playing this format shoot me a PM. I'd like to get it off the ground if possible.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 02:54:52 pm by Lurker101 » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: