TheManaDrain.com
April 05, 2020, 03:55:23 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: Night's Whisper Control Slaver  (Read 28262 times)
TheBrassMan
Administrator
Basic User

AndyProbasco
View Profile
« Reply #90 on: October 05, 2015, 09:33:22 am »

I think that there's no conceivable way that cutting Night's Whisper for Thirst for Knowledge could be considered a bad idea.

Team GGs:  "Be careful what you flash barato, sooner or later we'll bannano"
"Demonic Tutor: it takes you to the Strip Mine Cow."
andvari
Basic User

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #91 on: October 22, 2015, 06:06:57 am »

Looking in gatherer for sideboard choices for my deck i've discovered the card Jester's Cap.
What do you guys think of it against decks like oath?
Khahan
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #92 on: October 22, 2015, 10:22:38 am »

Looking in gatherer for sideboard choices for my deck i've discovered the card Jester's Cap.
What do you guys think of it against decks like oath?

I used to run jester's cap in my welder deck.  That was a long time ago and it worked well back then (about 6-8  years ago).  I'm not sure how it would hold up in today's meta. Cap works well against decks with very few threats. Against any deck with multiple threats (like a lot of the red pyromancer decks or white creature decks I'm coming across), it is basically an expensive dead card.
I guess it could be a sideboard option and it does get the job done against oath. But it just seems like there are better options against oath these days.

Duplicant is another option I used to use in the sideboard against an oath-heavy meta. But again, it seems slow and clunky now and while welding a duplicant in/out seems better than cap - it just seems there are better options these days to deal with Oath.

Team - One Man Show.   yes, the name is ironic.
Zherbus
Administrator
Basic User

FatherHell
View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: October 22, 2015, 03:47:05 pm »

I think that there's no conceivable way that cutting Night's Whisper for Thirst for Knowledge could be considered a bad idea.

Nope. There's a lot that I need to catch up on since I took a year off (again), but that's so obvious that it hurts. The issue is that it will have ripple effects through out the deck, which also need to be considered given whatever else is out there to face.

And just like any other deck, once those determinations are made, it's time to weigh it against similarly paced blue-based control decks to see if it's just plain ol' worse.

But yeah, Night's Whisper as a card can go back into the 'maybe someday' bin.

Founder, Admin of TheManaDrain.com

Team Meandeck: Because Noble Panther Decks Keeper
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: