TheManaDrain.com
August 20, 2019, 04:23:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Khans of Tarkir  (Read 7871 times)
Farandar
Basic User

View Profile
« on: September 01, 2014, 03:06:49 pm »

Whoah.

First cards !

Crackling Doom {R} {W} {B}

Instant

Crackling Doom deals 2 damage to each opponent. Each opponent sacrifices a creature with the greatest power among creatures he or she controls.
Makes you the main target. But nice addition to any stack.

Duneblast  {4} {W} {G} {B}
Sorcery
Choose up to one creature. Destroy the rest.
A Wrath effect, with a bonus. Not bad at all.

Narset, Enlightened Master  {3} {U} {R} {W}
Legendary Creature - Human Monk

First strike, hexproof
Whenever Narset, Enlightented Master attacks, exile the top four cards of your library. Until end of turn, you may cast noncreature cards exiled with Narset this turn without paying their mana costs.
Ok, the activation is a bit fragile. But if it makes it only once, it could be a swing effect !

Sultai Charm  {B} {G} {U}
Instant

Choose one

Destroy target monocolored creature.

Destroy target artifact or enchantment.

Draw two cards, then discard a card.
Vanilla disenchant, decent removal, and drawer. Not that bad. Don't sure it will make the cut, though.

I love the Crackling doom. Anything else you've seen ?

Wagner
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 03:06:59 pm »

Crackling Doom is nice, but it shouldn't make you a target as it's not a menace by itself, but include for sure.

End Hostilities
3WW
Sorcery
Destroy all creatures and all permanents attached to creatures.

New Wrath, but at this point I think there are plenty better than this, good if you need another one.

Thousand Winds
4UU
Creature - Elemental
Flying
Morph 5UU
When Thousand Winds is turned face up, return all other tapped creatures to their owners' hands.

I feel this is actually ok. It sucks that creatures have to be tapped, but I put this around the same power level as Hoverguard Sweepers. Morph makes it usuable.

See the Unwritten
4GG
Sorcery
Reveal the top eight cards of your library. You may put a creature card from among them onto the battlefield. Put the rest into your graveyard.
Ferocious If you control a creature with power 4 or greater, you may put two creature cards onto the battlefield instead of one.

8 cards is plenty to get a creature, and the Ferocious shouldn't be too hard to achieve either. Not awesomely broken, but decent.

Utter End
2WB
Instant
Exile target nonland permanent.

Yummy in my tummy, auto-include in all stacks.

Lysyc12
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 08:56:57 am »

Oh snap!

Kheru Spellthief   {3} {U}
Creature- Naga Wizard

Morph  {4} {U} {U}
When Kheru Spellthief is turned face up, counter target spell. If that spell is countered this way, exile it instead of putting it into its owner's graveyard. You may cast that card without paying its mana cost as long as it remains exiled.
3/3

Spelljack morph!  This is absolutely going in my stack!  On top of just being an awesome morph, it's also another answer to split second!
Lysyc12
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2014, 08:39:29 am »

A couple more goodies to add to stacks everywhere:

Clever Impersonator     {2} {U} {U}
Creature - Shapeshifter
You have may Clever Impersonator enter the battlefield as a copy of any nonland permanent on the battlefield.
0/0

The single most versatile clone ever!  This is replacing Phyrexian Metamorph in my stack ASAP!

Jeering Instigator   {1} {R}
Creature - Goblin Rogue
Morph  {2} {R}
When Jeering Instigator is turned face up, if it's your turn, gain control of another target creature until end of turn. Untap it. That creature gains haste until end of turn.
2/1

Another really solid morph.  I'm just glad to see more playable morphs!  I've been hesitant to cut some of the weaker morphs in my stack for fear of weakening the guessing game factor, but now I can actually take a look at some of them since Ive got possible replacements (or additions)!

Wagner
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2014, 08:06:00 am »

More stuff, this is a good set!

Murderous Cut
4B
Instant
Delve
Destroy target creature.

Pretty damn good removal, and the Delve might be relevant against reanimation spells.

Ashcloud Phoenix
2RR
Creature - Phoenix
Flying
When Ashcloud Phoenix dies, return it to the battlefield face down.
Morph 4RR
When Ashcloud Phoenix is turned face up, it deals 2 damage to each player.
4/1

My favorite card in the set so far. This is open to so many combos and has the potential to end the game pretty quickly.

Siege Rhino
1WBG
Creature - Rhino
Trample
When Siege Rhino enters the battlefield, each opponent loses 3 life and you gain 3 life.
4/5

This looks a bit underwhelming, but a 6 life swing and a decent body seems actually pretty good to me. Doing 6-12 collective damage when coming into play is nothing to scoff at.

Metamind
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2014, 12:23:25 pm »

What a great set for type 4!

As definite includes I have:

Dig Through Time - Best card in the set by far

Narset, Enlightened Master - The best creature. The effect is crazy, it hexproof, good when reanimated. I find it amusing it will die to the cycling of Decree of Pain

Utter End - Universal include

Sultai Charm - ditto

Mardu Charm - I like Venarian Glimmer so I'd love this

Zurgo Helmsmahser - A massive haste creature with reliable protection

Ashcloud Phoenix - so many infinite combos

The last three are includes only for large stacks (mine is 400 strong)

Jeskai Charm - less powerful but I have cards that only bounce to the top so it's a strict upgrade

Abzan Charm

Weave Fate
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: