TheManaDrain.com
August 11, 2020, 08:15:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Draw draw draw  (Read 1300 times)
serracollector
Basic User

serracollector@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« on: October 10, 2014, 03:00:11 am »

So i was playing some magic with a group of friends and i was running a blue red green deck using a set of treasure cruise a set of brainstorms ponders preordain gush fastbond and  future sight and magus of future along side trinket mage and young pyromancer with skullclamp. Yes i know this deck is a mix of legacy and vintage but we all play with whatever since none own power. Once friend has four demonics and another am affinity deck with four sol ring etc etc. Anyways i ended up winning but literally drew my entire deck before doin so. Afterwards we had a discussion about drawing cards and thought what if there was a magic format where you had to draw your entire deck to win? What would be the best decklist for this set up? Lets say for this oath was banned as well as any infinite mill combos such as painter. What list would you come up with to draw your entire deck asap? Just wanted your guys thoughts. obvious thoughts to me are the top helm future sight or just cantrip deck with four cruise. Maybe a monoblack deck with life gain four sign in blood and nights whisper and necro and bargain. What do you guys think?

B/R discussions are not allowed outside of Vintage Issues, and that includes signatures.
Vennie
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2014, 03:20:26 am »

maybe a low curve Ad nauseum deck with a total CMC of 24 and a lot of cantripping baubles?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 03:22:58 am by Vennie » Logged

Chubby Rain
Full Members
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2014, 05:43:22 am »

Doomsday with draw 7s.

"Why are we making bad decks? I mean, honestly, what is our reason for doing this?"

"Is this a Vintage deck or a Cube deck?" "Is it sad that you have to ask?"

"Is that a draft deck?" "Why do people keep asking that?"

Random conversations...
serracollector
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2014, 09:43:38 am »

I didnt even think of doomsday lol. Like i said we would have to make some sort of banned list if we do this. Doomsday will be on that list. Same with the shift card from weatherlight. In really interested in the defences also tho. Like gaeas blessing and memory journey would be great right? timetwister and tormods crypt on yourself Smile

B/R discussions are not allowed outside of Vintage Issues, and that includes signatures.
serracollector
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2014, 10:46:51 am »

hmmm, maybe I should EMPHASIZE the DRAW part of this more.  No milling allowed.  No remove your deck allowed.  You must DRAW your deck. 

Chubby Rain
Full Members
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2014, 10:53:39 am »

Show and Tell, Omniscience, Enter the Infinite, Ancestral Recall. Turn 1 easy (well, not easy but happens a certain percentage of the time).

"Why are we making bad decks? I mean, honestly, what is our reason for doing this?"

"Is this a Vintage deck or a Cube deck?" "Is it sad that you have to ask?"

"Is that a draft deck?" "Why do people keep asking that?"

Random conversations...
Killane
Full Members
Basic User

I am become Death, the destroyer of Worlds

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2014, 12:34:37 pm »

1 Ad Nauseum
4 Pact of Negation
3 Slaughter Pact
4 Ancestral Vision
1 Vampiric Tutor
1 Demonic Tutor
2 Evermind
4 Mystical Tutor
4 Dark Ritual
2 Cunning Wish
1 Merchant Scroll
1 Black Lotus
1 Mana Crypt
5 Moxen
4 Mox Opal
4 Chrome Mox
1 Mox Diamond
4 Zuran Orb
4 Underground Sea
4 Polluted Delta
3 Swamp
1 Island
1 Lion's Eye Diamond
1 Lotus Petal

SB

1 Ad Nauseum
1 Force of Will
1 Slaughter Pact
12 whatever

This deck is almost vintage legal (4 mystical tutor) and has a CMC 19 in total, so you auto-win on Ad Nauseum. you have Pact of Negation for protection and Slaughter Pact to kill any hatebears. Zuran Orb lets you fetch and vamp and still win at 1 life by saccing your fetched land in repsonse to Ad Nauseum.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 12:40:19 pm by Killane » Logged

DCI Rules Advisor
_____________________________ _____
Are you playing The Game?
ben_berry
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2014, 01:03:13 pm »

Ad Nauseum + Angels Grace
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: