TheManaDrain.com
February 20, 2019, 07:12:22 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Vintage in Toronto  (Read 1453 times)
Montolio
Basic User

View Profile
« on: October 20, 2014, 05:02:09 pm »

Hey guys,
I am very seriously looking into buying into paper.
Before I go head first I am just sending out a feeler to see if there is much if any of a Vintage seen in Toronto.
I have been to the Harry Tarantula and I understand they play once a month, but it is hit or miss.
Haven't inquired at 401 Games to see if they have anything or not.
Do any of you live in Toronto or Greater Toronto area and know of any semblance of a Vintage scene?
I apologize in advance if this is not the correct place to post.

I've sparred with Demon's from the Nine Hells I say. I shall barely break a sweat here today!
Twitter handle @TheALPHA7
John Cox
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 05:19:37 pm »

The vintage at Hairy T's is news to me. From what I knew there was no vintage at all in Toronto.
I usually check http://www.mtgontario.com/ for tournaments.
I'd also check with  Dueling Grounds and The Bar With No Name http://thebarwithnoname.ca/, but the last vintage tournament I knew of in the GTO was hosted by Shockwave.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 05:23:09 pm by John Cox » Logged

Varal
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 05:40:18 pm »

I met someone from Toronto that told me he was doing "underground" tournament with friends. They had prizes, more than 8 players but were not supported by a store. It's been a few months but I could send you his contact information if you're interested.
Montolio
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2014, 01:35:41 pm »

I met someone from Toronto that told me he was doing "underground" tournament with friends. They had prizes, more than 8 players but were not supported by a store. It's been a few months but I could send you his contact information if you're interested.

That would be great Varal. I would appreciate any contacts I can find.

Thanks

I've sparred with Demon's from the Nine Hells I say. I shall barely break a sweat here today!
Montolio
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2014, 01:45:30 pm »

The vintage at Hairy T's is news to me. From what I knew there was no vintage at all in Toronto.
I usually check http://www.mtgontario.com/ for tournaments.
I'd also check with  Dueling Grounds and The Bar With No Name http://thebarwithnoname.ca/, but the last vintage tournament I knew of in the GTO was hosted by Shockwave.

Thanks John. I sadly had little to no luck with either of these suggestions.
mtgontario shows the last active event hosted by Shockwave and Dueling Ground's sporadically every few months has something, but nothing in recent memory.
They couldn't hook me up with anyone's contact info either.
The Bar with no Name never answers there phone, and their website doesn't show anything other then MTG Sealed events.
Thanks again for the suggestions.

Shock Wave
Adepts
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2014, 11:51:59 am »

Hi Andy. There are no sanctioned Vintage events, but about 10 of us meet up once a month and run an indie tournament. Everyone throws in $10-20. If it interests you, ping me on Facebook and we'll add you to the group.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 01:25:35 pm by Shock Wave » Logged

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." 
- Theodore Roosevelt
John Cox
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2014, 11:48:23 pm »

I would be interested also

Razor
Full Members
Basic User

raymitchell401@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2015, 07:03:46 am »

We've got a robust monthly Vintage thing happening our of Face to Face.  Message me here and I'll get you into our Facebook group for it so you can vote dates, and stay in the loop...

Green is busted.
lawnboy
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2015, 12:36:26 pm »

I PM'ed you

Team Serious -- Serious Vintage
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: