TheManaDrain.com
August 20, 2019, 03:45:51 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Commander 2014  (Read 7949 times)
Lysyc12
Basic User

View Profile
« on: October 28, 2014, 09:16:15 am »

So I'm starting to see some new possible additions to my stack in the upcoming Commander product.

Angel of the Dire Hour     {5} {W} {W}
Creature- Angel
Flash
Flying
When Angel of the Dire Hour enters the battlefield, if you cast it from your hand, exile all attacking creatures.
5/4

Great combat trick and big flyers with flash are always worth at least taking a look at, I think.

Malicious Affliction  {B} {B}
Instant
Morbid When you cast Malicious Affliction, if a creature died this turn, you may copy Malicious Affliction and may choose a new target for the copy.
Destroy target nonblack creature.

Solid removal with the potential for card advantage.

Necromantic Selection     {4} {B} {B} {B}
Sorcery
Destroy all creatures, then return a creature card put into a graveyard this way to the battlefield under your control. It's a black Zombie in addition to its other colors and types. Exile Necromantic Selection.

Hell of a boardwipe!  I like that the creature you get back doesn't have to be one of yours so you can use it as a Control Magic as well if you don't care about pissing off the whole table.

Overseer of the Damned   {5} {B} {B}
Creature - Demon
Flying
When Overseer of the Damned enters the battlefield, you may destroy target creature.
Whenever a nontoken creature an opponent controls dies, put a 2/2 black Zombie creature token onto the battlefield tapped.
5/5

Another good etb creature with a bonus ability to boot!  I only recent cut Dark Hatchling out of my stack and I'm guessing if there is still anyone left playing him, that ends now.

Dualcaster Mage   {1} {R} {R}
Creature- Human Wizard
Flash
When Dualcaster Mage enters the battlefield, copy target instant or sorcery spell. You may choose new targets for the copy.
2/2

Holy pushed cards, Batman!  I really want to add this guy, as Fork may not be playable on it's own, but putting it on a creature opens up so many possibilities.

Wagner
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 11:56:56 am »

Awesome set so far! A few more possibly playable:

Wake the Dead
XBB
Instant
Cast Wake the Dead only during combat on an opponent's turn.
Return X target creatures from your graveyard to the battlefield. Sacrifice those creatures at the beginning of the next end step.

Depending on your deck, this can easily end the game if you have things like Bosh, Chainer, Bloodfire Collossus, Glarecaster, etc.

Wave of Vitriol
5GG
Sorcery

Each player sacrifices all artifacts, enchantments, and nonbasic lands he or she controls. For each land sacrificed this way, its controller may search his or her library for a basic land card and put it onto the battlefield tapped. Then each player who searched his or her library this way shuffles it.

Non creature sweeper. Some lands are pretty hard to get rid of. Auto-in for me, replaces Hll Breach if you still have it.

Unstable Obelisk
Artifact
T: Add 1 to your mana pool.
7, T, Sacrifice Unstable Obelisk: Destroy target permanent.

More vindicates is always good! Great for politics too since you can keep it on the board.

Metamind
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2014, 11:53:45 am »

I like only two cards - Angel of the Dire Hour and Dualcaster Mage. Angel exiles all creatures, they don't have to be attacking you and it doesn't target. Dualcaster can be cheated with Quicksilver Amulet, reanimated with Makeshift Mannaquin and much more, making it one of the best Fork Variant around. I think it's third right after Reiterate and Wild Ricochet.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: