TheManaDrain.com
April 06, 2020, 10:17:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: So apparently some people think I'm a cheat? This is a joke right?  (Read 1426 times)
oshkoshhaitsyosh
Adepts
Basic User

View Profile
« on: February 01, 2015, 03:36:22 pm »

So with the newly locked thread about Paul Mastrianos DCI suspension or whatever, some people started pointing fingers at people who supposedly cheat, and I was on the list??? I can not say how fucked up and distressed this makes me feel as this is 100% wrong. I may come across as a bit cocky or arrogant, and maybe have an abrasive personality to people who don't really know me. But I am the furthest thing from a fucking cheat. Or maybe it's because I have success across the board in every archetype (except dredge and shops) and that makes people jealous or uncomfortable. But for anyone to say that I'm a cheat or anyone on that list is pretty fucking disgusting and disturbing. I pride myself in good, clean, tight play and change my sleeves and don't do shady bullshit...But for anyone to point the finger, it's pretty fucked up. I have never had any controversy regarding my play or my name. So if anyone wants to chime in, be my guest.

Team Josh Potucek
Nefarias
Full Members
Basic User

NefariasAndy
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2015, 03:42:15 pm »

I know you only in passing, but I've been a member of the community for over ten years and never once heard even a whisper of your name in regards to cheating or anything else shady.

Team GG's

Quote from: Young Jeezy
This will be the realest shit you ever quote
Commandant
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2015, 03:49:50 pm »

Nope. Just one guy trying to start drama and distract everyone from the real discussion, Paul M. finally getting what was coming to him.

Quote from: David Ochoa
Shuffles, much like commas, are useful for altering tempo to add feeling.
Chubby Rain
Full Members
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2015, 03:55:18 pm »

Join the club, buddy  Sad

I asked a bit about the allegations against me and apparently they stem from my habit of allowing players to proceed with their turns while I am resolving shuffle effects like fetchlands, allegedly using this as a distraction to slip cards into my hand. I never even thought about this - I love to durdle and if anyone looks at the lists I play, they tend to be time-consuming combo-control decks involving Sensei's Divining Top. The astute observer may even notice that I use a picture of Battle of Wits as my avatar and I have played that card on many occasions in competitive events. It's simply an effort to avoid draws...Nevertheless, this is what the allegations are and I invite all my opponents to watch me while I shuffle and count my hand before and after the resolution of a fetch. I value the integrity of the game as much as anyone and again will not be offended in the slightest.

Now, I have tried to be rational and unbiased about this but it has become painfully clear the source of these allegations, based on the people involved. Unfortunately, I am going to allow myself a small amount of catharsis with the following image:
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 03:58:51 pm by Chubby Rain » Logged

"Why are we making bad decks? I mean, honestly, what is our reason for doing this?"

"Is this a Vintage deck or a Cube deck?" "Is it sad that you have to ask?"

"Is that a draft deck?" "Why do people keep asking that?"

Random conversations...
MisterFoote
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2015, 03:56:00 pm »

So with the newly locked thread about Paul Mastrianos DCI suspension or whatever, some people started pointing fingers at people who supposedly cheat, and I was on the list??? I can not say how fucked up and distressed this makes me feel as this is 100% wrong. I may come across as a bit cocky or arrogant, and maybe have an abrasive personality to people who don't really know me. But I am the furthest thing from a fucking cheat. Or maybe it's because I have success across the board in every archetype (except dredge and shops) and that makes people jealous or uncomfortable. But for anyone to say that I'm a cheat or anyone on that list is pretty fucking disgusting and disturbing. I pride myself in good, clean, tight play and change my sleeves and don't do shady bullshit...But for anyone to point the finger, it's pretty fucked up. I have never had any controversy regarding my play or my name. So if anyone wants to chime in, be my guest.

Dont sweat it pal.  We snuffed his sillyness out right away and no one took it seriously.  That kind of trolling is bad for the community as a whole.  Seriously a list of names?  Toxic.

I like what a few people in the thread said about how all this does is raise awareness of the steps you need to take.  Shuffle your opponents deck.  Maintain proper game state.  People who are taken advantage are generally less polished players.  If you are on top of game state, people will be less apt to even trying something.  A good example is that I keep track of cards in hand like a hawk.  I never ask how many in hand, I confirm it.
vaughnbros
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2015, 04:05:39 pm »

Nothing more than a little...

Don't get too riled up about it.
Oath Breaker
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2015, 04:08:02 pm »

I was also very surprised to see the list of names that came up in the previous thread.
I have played against all of these players multiple times, and never once heard a single person use a discouraging word to describe any of them.
Brian, Matt and Justin in particular are the types of opponents that keep a scrub like me coming back for more! On more than one occasion all of these players have pointed out mistakes I have made during a match and allowed me the chance to correct the play, thus winning a game when I shouldn't have. It's players like these that truly represent what the Vintage community is about.
Kevin
Klep
OMG I'M KLEP!
Administrator
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2015, 04:27:24 pm »

Seriously guys, we just locked that other thread.

-Klep

So I suppose I should take The Fringe back out of my sig now...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: