TheManaDrain.com
April 19, 2019, 06:15:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Modo Rant  (Read 3246 times)
Montolio
Basic User

View Profile
« on: February 27, 2015, 10:40:25 pm »

I am not sure if this is the right spot to post this, or if it even has any relevance to anyone.
I have been one of the staunchest modo supporter's likely on this site.
I love Vintage and just want to play a clean game from the comfort of my home. 
I have said very little (TRIED HARD TO BE POSITIVE) about the transition from V3- V4 but I hit a boiling point tonight.
This is the third time modo has loaded up the wrong deck list for a DE for me.
I have taken all precautions to make sure i have the right list before joining as it only takes once to make me cautious.
The point is, I shouldn't have to be careful about loading a deck list up.
From the inception of modo (yes I have played since the start) I have never once loaded the wrong deck until V4.
What is the problem here WOTC.
This is major!
Win the die roll tonight and I am looking at GWB H8? WTF ( The worst of my 25 Vintage Deck lists of course)
Alright, so i suck it up once again and lose the chance to play in a DE and I go to file for compensation and I can't even get that sorted out as the link is disconnected from modo (according to an ORC).
Very tired of all the bull shit going on with modo.
My Foil collection which I have spent 10 + years collecting and spending a small fortune on looks like garbage.
I can't even sell Foil cards as they are almost equivalent to non-Foil pricing now they look so bad.
The power's that be acknowledge this and they say it will happen, but it is so far down the list of problems they have I cannot fathom it getting fixed anytime soon.
Why should this be acceptable? I mean it is a massive regression.
These guys running the show have seriously let so many people down.
V4 has been out quite sometime. I see no excuse any longer.
I am as close to packing it in as as I have ever been. These guys at WOTC are seriously negligent and have left me feeling angry.
Thanks for listening to my rant and feel free to add your negative or otherwise opinions of modo.
Thanks
Montolio

I've sparred with Demon's from the Nine Hells I say. I shall barely break a sweat here today!
Twitter handle @TheALPHA7
Commandant
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2015, 10:57:27 pm »

Yeah. As opposed to you I've been as negative as possible in regards to MODO from the get go. I'm still rather shocked that it has taken this long for people to fall in line. It's an utter rip off and I cannot feel anything other than indifferent to those whom have invested money into an intangible product that carries no support.

Quote from: David Ochoa
Shuffles, much like commas, are useful for altering tempo to add feeling.
Chubby Rain
Full Members
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 11:23:55 pm »

Yeah, I agree with the MODO being infuriating in many ways and, despite playing off and on for over 10 years, the client has become less functional and we have LOST functionality since version 2 (RIP Leagues). Specifically, I continue to submit the wrong deck at least once a week and have actually gone through and deleted brews or removed cards so as to make them illegal to avoid submitting a noncompetitive deck. This is frankly pathetic. I have absolutely no idea what deck is being submitted from the home screen and deck selections in the tournament play section seem to switch randomly.

My suggestion to Wizards is to always have a box come up like it does for challenges and have a section with the deck name in the event. And I did submit this suggestion...let's see if the powers that be listen.

"Why are we making bad decks? I mean, honestly, what is our reason for doing this?"

"Is this a Vintage deck or a Cube deck?" "Is it sad that you have to ask?"

"Is that a draft deck?" "Why do people keep asking that?"

Random conversations...
The Atog Lord
Administrator
Basic User

The+Atog+Lord
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2015, 01:40:48 am »

I am not sure if this is the right spot to post this

This is a perfectly appropriate place to post your opinions on this product. By sharing your opinion of Magic Online, you might help prospective users decide if Magic Online would be right for them and their circumstances. As someone who has been using Magic Online far longer than I, I appreciate hearing your perspective.

I love Vintage and just want to play a clean game from the comfort of my home.

I think that many people on this website love Vintage, and would like to be able to enjoy the format more often.

Thanks for listening to my rant and feel free to add your negative or otherwise opinions of modo.

My own thoughts on it have been well-documented elsewhere. That said, it is good and healthy for people to share their thoughts. Thank you for doing so.

The Academy: If I'm not dead, I have a Dragonlord Dromoka coming in 4 turns
desolutionist
Full Members
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2015, 04:23:54 am »

I got pretty involved in modo because there wasnt a local game store around me. But I recently discovered one and, granted im in Hawaii, the people are absurdly nice and positive even after losing they have nothing but smiles; its awesome

Im firmly in the camp that human beings arent meant to stare at computer screens for so freaking long-- and with MTGO its for such marginal gains even if youre very good.  The alternative is to socialize with good people while playing games, its so much better and healthier for you.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 04:35:47 am by desolutionist » Logged

Join the Vintage League!
Montolio
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2015, 07:49:08 am »

Good morning all. I just wanted to add that I think a good way for WOTC to fix the deck loading problem is that every time you join a match or event that you should be prompted to chose your list.
This doesn't happen on modo. I believe after you have played your first match of the day (DE or casual) and have chosen your deck, that you will not be asked which deck you are playing after this.
Not sure what is going on here, but to avoid loading the wrong deck in an event I will load the deck i want in my deck editor and in casual. This usually works for me. Last night it didn't.
Still furious i was robbed of an event last night and looked like a fool playing a casual deck. 
Please WOTC. I know you are hiring to make things better. I just don't know how you forced this crap engine (V4) on us when it is missing so much basic funtionality.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 07:54:06 am by Montolio » Logged

I've sparred with Demon's from the Nine Hells I say. I shall barely break a sweat here today!
The Atog Lord
Administrator
Basic User

The+Atog+Lord
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2015, 11:30:31 am »

The last Vintage Daily I tried to play it, it simply failed to register me. I clicked that I wanted to play. It listed me on the screen. And then I was not actually registered. Several emails with WotC customer service later and they basically told me that I was never registered so they wouldn't help. I lost over half an hour of my day, but because the system even failed to take my tickets, they did nothing. Things like that are  a huge aggravation.

The Academy: If I'm not dead, I have a Dragonlord Dromoka coming in 4 turns
country_hillbilly
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2015, 12:57:21 pm »

#cantfixstupid
youhavenogame
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2015, 01:17:11 pm »

Weird. I always get asked which deck I want to submit when I press the "6 tix entry" option. Never had any bug occur to me.
rickster
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2015, 02:26:17 pm »

I believe after you have played your first match of the day (DE or casual) and have chosen your deck, that you will not be asked which deck you are playing after this.
I know this happens when you select a deck then host a match in casual. All the vintage events you join, whether they be casual or paid events, will join with that deck. The way to fix that is to restart mtgo, or to go back to the casual room deck selection screen and click restore defaults.

I never host casual matches anymore so I do not have to deal with that bug.

I don't think this happens if you join DEs with a deck. The next DE you join should prompt you asking for which deck you want to use.
Shock Wave
Adepts
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2015, 02:48:51 pm »

For what it's worth, every time I've ever joined a DE, I get prompted to choose a deck and I've never had issues with the wrong one getting loaded. That's not to say that an issue doesn't exist, just saying that the functionality people seem to be looking for already exists.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." 
- Theodore Roosevelt
Islandswamp
Tournament Organizers
Basic User

MTGGoldfish Writer

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2015, 03:03:45 pm »

I had this happen once, but it was only a slightly different version of the deck that I planned on playing anyway, so it wasn't so bad.

I think that if you are playing a deck in the tournament practice room, and then enter the daily, it picks that deck by default.

I'm sorry that this happened to you though, it has to be frustrating.

Check out my articles @ www.mtggoldfish.com  www.puremtgo.com Follow me on Twitter: @josephfiorinijr - Watch me make EPIC PUNTS on Twitch.TV @ http://www.twitch.tv/josephfiorini06

Just like a car crash,
Just like a knife.
My favorite weapon
is the look in your eyes.
You've run out of lies...
Montolio
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2015, 07:57:56 am »

Well this happened to me twice again in the last week where modo loaded my wrong deck list for a Vintage DE.
I cannot begin to convey my frustration with MTGO's inability to prompt me to choose a deck list when joining a constructed DE.
Due to the fact that I am not prompted the high majority of the time when joining a DE, I will always load my chosen deck list in my deck editor as well as in the Tournament practice room to ensure I play with the proper deck.
This usually works, but this weekend it didn't' work. I even took the added measure and logged out and back in then did the above to ensure the right deck. It didn't work.
So I am not sure if this a cruel joke, but the bottom line is that the feature in MTGO that doesn't allow you 100% of the time to choose your deck before joining a DE is ridiculous.
To clarify for those who haven't had this issue is when joining a DE the MTGO program there is an auto load feature that will load the last deck list you have played with and doesn't prompt you to choose your deck.
So my suggestion is to WOTC to fix this problem is:
1. Remove the auto deck load feature. We should 100% of the time have to choose our deck list when joining an event.
2. Show the player what deck list they have loaded in a DE much like you do in a non-sanctioned game.

I don't know if this is happening to anyone else but It is the greatest pet peeve of mine on MTGO.
That and the fact they haven't fixed FOILS over the last year.
Get it together WOTC. This is unacceptable.

bactgudz
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2015, 09:06:01 am »

The utter disregard for the collector (and hearing that disregard directly from Worth's mouth himself when he is a longtime member of librarities, at one time at least considered himself a collector, and since profited handsomely from selling some gems) was the last straw for me.  Foil crappyness in v4 and reprinting super limited MOCS promos without even changing something like the border, art or even just collector number, repeatedly for multiple cards after negative feedback, was just lazy and inconsiderate of a core group of customers.
Montolio
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2015, 11:09:21 am »

The utter disregard for the collector (and hearing that disregard directly from Worth's mouth himself when he is a longtime member of librarities, at one time at least considered himself a collector, and since profited handsomely from selling some gems) was the last straw for me.  Foil crappyness in v4 and reprinting super limited MOCS promos without even changing something like the border, art or even just collector number, repeatedly for multiple cards after negative feedback, was just lazy and inconsiderate of a core group of customers.

Completely agree Adrian.
There is nothing off limits on modo that they won't reprint imo.
For those with the ultra rare promo's that have spent huge coin on them only to watch them be reprinted with no regard is just lame.
My concern isn't so much for reprints, but for the ascetic's of enjoying looking at something i spent a lot of time and money collecting.
WOTC lack of regard for Foils has significantly lowered the value of my cards and the enjoyment of playing with them. At one point my collection was special now it isn't.
I mean my Foil Null Rods look 100% the same as a regular Null Rod.
I have brought up the Foil issue many times on Twitter and have been acknowledged by Turian, Worth and Lee that it will be fixed.
It will never be a priority. WOTC doesn't care about the collector at all.

bactgudz
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2015, 03:54:32 pm »

I often find that I literally cannot talk to people about vintage on mtgo anymore, it makes me so angry. I used to think there was no way they could bring it online and screw it up and lo-and-behold they found a way.  I feel like there should be a support group for this.  Hello, my name is Adrian and the mtgo team killed my dreams of online vintage.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 03:58:48 pm by bactgudz » Logged
Smmenen
2007 Vintage World Champion
Adepts
Basic User

Smmenen
View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2015, 06:00:41 pm »

I strongly encourage people who discovery and verify errors to compose a well-written, dispassionate email or note to the appropriate avenue.  I discovered a bug a few weeks ago that has been added to the Known Issues list: http://magic.wizards.com/en/MTGO/articles/archive/magic-online/magic-online-bug-blog-may-21-2015#scheduledgameplay

Montolio
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2015, 07:57:44 am »

I strongly encourage people who discovery and verify errors to compose a well-written, dispassionate email or note to the appropriate avenue.  I discovered a bug a few weeks ago that has been added to the Known Issues list: http://magic.wizards.com/en/MTGO/articles/archive/magic-online/magic-online-bug-blog-may-21-2015#scheduledgameplay

I have definitely let WOTC know about my concerns on this issue. I wrote them and also tagged them to this thread through Twitter.
They haven't' acknowledged me which is no surprise.
This isn't the first time I have told them about this issue either.

Prospector
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2015, 04:35:04 pm »

It doesn't help that to report a bug you have to navigate a hive of menus.  For what its worth here's a direct link https://wizards.custhelp.com/app/ask/p/1713,525,1761,1762

Edit: Sorry forgot to add you need to be logged into your customer account...yet more hoops to jump through
MTGFan
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2015, 12:18:07 pm »

I strongly encourage people who discovery and verify errors to compose a well-written, dispassionate email or note to the appropriate avenue.  I discovered a bug a few weeks ago that has been added to the Known Issues list: http://magic.wizards.com/en/MTGO/articles/archive/magic-online/magic-online-bug-blog-may-21-2015#scheduledgameplay

Encouraging people to report errors to Wizards is like encouraging someone bitten by a venomous spider to moisten the bite with water rather than seek an anti-venom treatment.

You can only treat the symptoms of the disease for so long before you realize that the sickness lies at the heart of the company. Incompetence is an attitude, a mindset, a conscious collective.
Bluediamonds
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2015, 11:49:20 am »

New foil visuals on Modo
Montolio
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2015, 11:57:28 am »

New foil visuals on Modo

They are hideous Kelvin. Worse then what they have had for the last year on V4.
They need to go back to what they have on V2-2.5.
Those where rich in colour and didn't hurt your eyes when you looked at them.

Bluediamonds
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2015, 12:02:29 pm »

at least the foils and regulars can be differentiated now

the previous V4 ones were too close
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: