TheManaDrain.com
January 25, 2020, 07:22:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [org] magmatic insight  (Read 1475 times)
gkraigher
Full Members
Basic User

View Profile
« on: July 01, 2015, 11:41:21 am »

Draw 2 for 1 red mana seems vintage playable to me. 
tito del monte
Basic User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 11:46:26 am »

Yikes! I've heard talk about a sometimes-played blue card that returns lands to your hand...I wonder if they could be friends?

Wagner
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 11:49:21 am »

This seems terrible to me.

If it was Draw 2 then discard one, we'd be talking, but as it is, if it gets countered by Mistep or Flusterstorm, you're doing a 2 for 1. The only way I coudl see this is in a deck that runs Life from the Loam.
gkraigher
Full Members
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2015, 11:52:53 am »

mental misstep is the best counter to this card obviously.  But you can find a trump card to anything.  It's a Red spell that costs 1 mana and nets you a card, that seems really good.  The closes thing to this is faithless looting, which only give you card selection.  

This card opens up all sorts of options for Burn decks in Legacy and Modern.  I've never thought Burn was a viable strategy in Vintage, but this card is a step in the right direction.  At the very least, I see unpowered players trying Burn at the major events (there are prizes for unpowered decks) and I can see this card showing up in a lot of budget lists. 
Protoaddict
Basic User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2015, 11:53:14 am »

I would imagine this is likely more suited to see play in legacy and modern storm list than vintage, but the ability does shine pretty well. Not that it is super powerful or anything but works well with riftstone portal.

This is my podcast:

Http://www.fantasticneighborhood.com
Comedy gaming podcast. Listening to it makes you cool.
Wagner
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2015, 11:59:19 am »

mental misstep is the best counter to this card obviously.  But you can find a trump card to anything.  It's a Red spell that costs 1 mana and nets you a card, that seems really good.  The closes thing to this is faithless looting, which only give you card selection.  

This card opens up all sorts of options for Burn decks in Legacy and Modern.  I've never thought Burn was a viable strategy in Vintage, but this card is a step in the right direction.  At the very least, I see unpowered players trying Burn at the major events (there are prizes for unpowered decks) and I can see this card showing up in a lot of budget lists. 

But it doesn't net you a card, you use 2 and you draw 2. It's great at filtering, as long as it doesn't get countered.
gkraigher
Full Members
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2015, 12:16:54 pm »

But it doesn't net you a card, you use 2 and you draw 2. It's great at filtering, as long as it doesn't get countered.

ah good point.  i was comparing it to looting, which is a net loss of a card and confused myself. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: