TheManaDrain.com
September 18, 2020, 08:25:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: courser of kruphix control  (Read 1109 times)
Protoaddict
Basic User

View Profile WWW
« on: October 07, 2015, 12:51:14 am »

Been wondering about this guy. He has a pretty powerful effect all around that combos off nicely with a lot of stuff, and now with the restriction of CoTV I am wondering if there is room for some sort of mana denial/land ramp list. Off the top of my noggin.

4 Courser of kruphix
4 Explore
1 Fastbond

3 Gush
4 Force of will
3 Mental Misstep
2 Flusterswarm
1 Ancestral Recall
1 Timewalk
1 Ponder
1 Brainstorm
1 Merchant scroll
1 chain of vapor

4 Null Rod
2 Crucible of worlds
1 Zuran Orb
1 Black Lotus

1 Stripmine
4 Wasteland
4 Tropical Island
1 Verdant Catacombs
1 Scalding tarn
4 Misty Rainforest
1 Island
1 Forest
4 Mishras workshop
3 Lumbering Falls
1 Tabernacle

Obviously it plays the denial game but courser combos up with a great many cards in the list to do some real damage including some infinite mana denial and life stuff. I like how many cards will shuffle your deck to hopefully reveal a land and just power you through your list while gaining incremental advantage. Just a brainstorm of a deck so wondering if anyone has ideas or has had success with courser in vintage at all.

This is my podcast:

Http://www.fantasticneighborhood.com
Comedy gaming podcast. Listening to it makes you cool.
serracollector
Basic User

serracollector@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2015, 01:13:37 am »

I tried courser in an enchantress deck that ran earthcraft and crucible. Remember you do not need Zuran Orb to go infinite with fastbond. You can use a strip or waste and say a savana to generate infinite since you gain the life back off courser. This allows you to run stony silence as well. I just used city of solitude and choke against blue. You can also use dromoka if you wish. Myth Realized was really good as a finisher if you didnt get some other combo off with earthcraft or wat not. Hope this inspires.

B/R discussions are not allowed outside of Vintage Issues, and that includes signatures.
xouman
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2015, 01:35:22 am »

4 workshops? Should they be factories?
If you are playing fastbond, I'd play 4 gushes instead 3. And a fastbond or two.
I think that courser plays quite nice with sdt, but then null rod would go out. Let's assume null rod is in. Then I'd play Jace.
Intuition+life from the loam allows slow but solid plays, but loam cannot go infinite unlike crucible. The regrowth would improve with intuition and loam.

Crazy idea, I'm not really sure at all it would prove to be a competitive deck but with some tweaking it's an unexpected deck that could surprise more than one Very Happy

nedleeds
Tournament Organizers
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2015, 10:53:25 am »

A deck this slow could benefit from the blue grim tutor for lands and zuran orb and ee ... tolaria west? Crop Rotation can't be played in Vintage because of the plague known as Mental Misstep.
TheBrassMan
Administrator
Basic User

AndyProbasco
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2015, 09:48:23 am »

I think you have some pretty interesting combo kill options. If you have Crucible/Fastbond/Orb, or Crucible/Fastbond/Courser/Strip, you can draw your entire deck with a Horizon Canopy, and kill the other player with a Rath's Edge. I feel like running a 4/1 configuration could be really interesting for you (The Canopy seems pretty useful in your deck, even without the combo finish, even if you don't have any White cards)

Team GGs:  "Be careful what you flash barato, sooner or later we'll bannano"
"Demonic Tutor: it takes you to the Strip Mine Cow."
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: