TheManaDrain.com
February 25, 2020, 01:48:14 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Jace, Vryn's Prodegy & Jace, Telepath Unbound at the same time  (Read 1170 times)
p3temangus
Basic User

View Profile Email
« on: October 15, 2015, 12:54:43 pm »

I feel like I understand the interaction of Plainswalkers with the same sub-type (you choose one and bury the other...) but I just want to confirm my beliefs before I hit a tournament....

I have a Jace, Telepath Unbound in play with 4 loyalty and a Jace, Vryn's Prodegy in play but have not looted yet (lets assume 5+ cards in yard already).  Is is correct that I am able to -3 (targeting say...flusterstorm) and then loot, flipping the second jace-> burying the first jace and then -3 again (targeting say...Ancestral recall, time walk, ect...)?

Appreciate the assistance in advance!

cycle  -> slide eternal witness-> rift your face->return cycle land with witness -> lather rinse repeat
Chubby Rain
Full Members
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2015, 01:03:57 pm »

I feel like I understand the interaction of Plainswalkers with the same sub-type (you choose one and bury the other...) but I just want to confirm my beliefs before I hit a tournament....

I have a Jace, Telepath Unbound in play with 4 loyalty and a Jace, Vryn's Prodegy in play but have not looted yet (lets assume 5+ cards in yard already).  Is is correct that I am able to -3 (targeting say...flusterstorm) and then loot, flipping the second jace-> burying the first jace and then -3 again (targeting say...Ancestral recall, time walk, ect...)?

Appreciate the assistance in advance!

Yep

"Why are we making bad decks? I mean, honestly, what is our reason for doing this?"

"Is this a Vintage deck or a Cube deck?" "Is it sad that you have to ask?"

"Is that a draft deck?" "Why do people keep asking that?"

Random conversations...
desolutionist
Full Members
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2015, 05:44:21 pm »

As I understand it:

Pyroblast targets Jace
Jace taps and flips

Pyroblast no longer has a target?

Join the Vintage League!
bactgudz
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2015, 05:53:05 pm »

As I understand it:

Pyroblast targets Jace
Jace taps and flips

Correct when Jace re-enters from exile he is a new permanent.  If he was transformed with something like Moonmist however, Pyroblast would still kill him.
Chubby Rain
Full Members
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2015, 06:20:08 pm »

As I understand it:

Pyroblast targets Jace
Jace taps and flips

Correct when Jace re-enters from exile he is a new permanent.  If he was transformed with something like Moonmist however, Pyroblast would still kill him.

Yeah, the key point is that the card that was Jace changes zones and Pyroblast loses track of it. Moonmist is not a great counterexample though as the Planeswalker Jace would have 0 Loyalty counters and die as a state-based effect - loyalty counters are placed on a Planeswalker when they enter the battlefield and that's why the flip-walkers exile themselves and return as Planeswalkers.

"Why are we making bad decks? I mean, honestly, what is our reason for doing this?"

"Is this a Vintage deck or a Cube deck?" "Is it sad that you have to ask?"

"Is that a draft deck?" "Why do people keep asking that?"

Random conversations...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: