TheManaDrain.com
December 10, 2019, 03:45:33 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Commander 2015 and the Legendary Cube Drafts on MODO  (Read 1013 times)
gkraigher
Full Members
Basic User

View Profile
« on: October 24, 2015, 03:14:40 pm »

I'm trying to dissect some of the information about these two sets.  

http://magic.wizards.com/en/MTGO/articles/archive/magic-online/announcing-legendary-cube-2015-08-05

http://wpn.wizards.com/en/products/commander-2015

The commander 2015 set will have 55 new cards in it, and the Legendary Cube Drafts on Modo will pay in prize packs that include all 55 new cards.  The commander decks will not be sold online, and the only way to get the cards is from those prize packs.  There is one legendary card reprint in the prize packs that is also in commander 2015 (56 cards).  

There are a handful of Legendary creatures from Legends that are not currently available online like Johan, Ayesha Tanaka, Gosta Dirk, Kasimir the Lone Wolf, Lord Magnus, Tolaria, and Ur-Drago that I expect to see in the prize packs just for the sake of completion.  There are still some straggler cards not available on Magic online like Niall Silvain and Golgothian Sylex that have almost no real world applications, but I would think for the sake of completion, Wizards will need to find a way to add these cards eventually.  ***

I digress, the point of this post is to have other people looking at this information and see if you come to this conclusion:

ALL THE NEW CARDS IN COMMANDER 2015 ARE LEGENDARY.  

that's how I'm inferring the information, and to be honest, I hope that I am wrong.  

*** (There are a substancially large number of bad cards from the Dark, Ice Age, Homelands, and Fallen Empires not available online, as well as many stragglers from Legends, Arabian Nights, and Alliances that the prize packs could not contain all these cards and all the new commander cards.)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 03:35:40 pm by gkraigher » Logged
gkraigher
Full Members
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2015, 03:18:53 pm »

"Many Prize Pack cards will be appear in the Legendary Cube, but there will be additional cards included that arenít on the Cube list as well."

Maybe this is the line that refutes what I am suggesting about all the new cards being legendary.  I certainly hope so. 
tito del monte
Basic User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2015, 03:44:00 pm »

As far I as understand it from Randy, it's all the creatures in the Legendary Cube that are Legendary - but there are plenty of normal non-legendary spells completing the cube. The cards from Commander 2015 will no doubt be a mixture of both.

I would certainly be happy if some of the previous Commander playables like Toxic Deluge and Containment Pries surface in the prize packs, as they're damn pricey online atm.

gkraigher
Full Members
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2015, 03:47:18 pm »

I knew there was a flaw in my logic,   Yes, the "every creature" will be legendary is much different than "every card" will be legendary, which for some reason was the way I was reading it.  

Thank you.  
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 04:49:52 pm by gkraigher » Logged
xouman
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2015, 10:47:50 am »

Probably commander spoilers are the best spoilers of the year Smile The collection is supposed to be released by 13th, in just 2 weeks. It would be great to have every day 1 spoiled card, even something without any impact to vintage as this Iroas hero.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: