TheManaDrain.com
June 25, 2019, 09:31:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bazaar of Moxen 2016 Vintage - any info yet  (Read 1326 times)
portland
Basic User

View Profile
« on: November 07, 2015, 03:03:19 am »

Just wondering if there's any info regarding Vintage at Bazaar of Moxen in 2016 as yet? Believe Legacy is the main format, but will there be Vintage at some of the qualifiers and open Vintage at the big final event?

Just hoping to organise and book some things for next year, and as I've not been to any big Vintage events for a few years, am keen to get to one like BoM.

Any info much appreciated.

Ta

Lucky beats good.
tito del monte
Basic User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2015, 03:54:22 am »

Hi Portland,

Afraid I'm going to have to disappoint you: Bazaar of Moxen in its classic sense (a big enter all weekend) has ceased to exist. There was no event in Annecy in 2015, as BoM as TOs focused on running European GPs. As far as I inderstand it, venue costs for Classic BoM were getting too expensive, plus the huge leap in the cost of power for the prize pool must have been crippling.

What we're getting instead in 2016, is a BoM-run tournament series similar to the SCG circuit, with an invitational (pseudo pro tour of you will) at the end of it. Dishearteningly, despite years of being the world's premier Vintage tournament, BoM did not see fit to make Vintage one of the formats for the series. There will only be Vintage side events.

It's a huge blow for European Vintage, who has of now is deep in the doldrums. Perhaps consider a different focus to your holiday!

All the best!

Prospero
Aequitas
Administrator
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2015, 07:53:54 am »

Just wondering if there's any info regarding Vintage at Bazaar of Moxen in 2016 as yet? Believe Legacy is the main format, but will there be Vintage at some of the qualifiers and open Vintage at the big final event?

Just hoping to organise and book some things for next year, and as I've not been to any big Vintage events for a few years, am keen to get to one like BoM.

Any info much appreciated.

Ta

So N.Y.S.E. Open IV is going to be the weekend of 6/4/16 and the only format is Vintage... For three straight days.

"Iíll break my staff,
Bury it certain fathoms in the earth,
And deeper than did ever plummet sound
Iíll drown my book."

The Return of Superman

Prospero's Art Collection
tito del monte
Basic User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2015, 08:44:34 am »

Prospero, for those of us from the old continent, would you clarify: is that in April or June? Sounds bloody wonderful either way!

Will
Veritas
Adepts
Basic User

Wmagzoo7
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2015, 10:38:49 am »

Prospero, for those of us from the old continent, would you clarify: is that in April or June? Sounds bloody wonderful either way!

June

The artist formerly known as Wmagzoo7

"If one does not know to which port one is sailing, no wind is favorable" - Seneca
portland
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2015, 10:50:33 am »

Yeah, had a feeling Legacy was the focus, but if there are type I side events, they'll get a turnout.

Still miss the big misc type I's I used to just rock up to in places like Paris and Piacenza.

Lucky beats good.
portland
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2015, 10:51:40 am »

NYSE isn't something I'd considered tbh, bit of a longer trip, I can make the rest by train Wink

Lucky beats good.
Prospero
Aequitas
Administrator
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2015, 12:33:08 pm »

June in New York is a wonderful thing. 

If you ever made the trip, let me know beforehand and I'd make sure you had your bearings straight and took advantage of what the city offers in the summer.

"Iíll break my staff,
Bury it certain fathoms in the earth,
And deeper than did ever plummet sound
Iíll drown my book."

The Return of Superman

Prospero's Art Collection
portland
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2015, 12:57:53 pm »

Winner, thanks

Lucky beats good.