TheManaDrain.com
November 20, 2019, 10:30:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [OGW] Kozilek, Butcher of Truth  (Read 1890 times)
Khahan
Basic User

View Profile Email
« on: December 28, 2015, 12:57:59 pm »

{10}
When you cast Kozilek, Butcher of truth, draw 4 cards
Annihilator 4
When Kozelik is put into a graveyard from anywhere, its owner shuffles his/her graveyard into his/her library.

Possible new oath target.  Here's the disadvantage and its a big one:
No immediate impact on the board from oath/show and tell. But a lot of people use Emrakul with the same drawback.
Here's the positive:  Frees up 3-4 card slots in oath which could be huge depending on how their used. Its rare that a creature based oath (as opposed to a combo oath) doesn't have 1-2 memory's journey or gaea's blessing.  This combines those affects w/ your oath target.   You could put more card draw, more counters, more utility or suddenly have 2 cards dedicated to metagame hate.

Oath often runs 1-2 journey/blessing and 2-3 creatures.  If you just run 2 of these that is 3 spots freed up for whatever you choose.
If you are a fan of drain in oath like I am (usually run 2) this is potentially hard-castable with no colored mana requirements in a pinch.

Depending on your deck list being able to add in meta hate like targeted removal in a mentor heavy meta or hurykl's in a shops heavy or even nihil spellbomb could swing some game 1 losses into wins.

Team - One Man Show.   yes, the name is ironic.
xouman
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2015, 01:46:52 pm »

I don't understand why would you play this instead Emrakul. Emrakul has a better clock, bigger annihilator,  protects itself from lots of things, flies... Kozilek is cheaper, right, but it's not going to be played.

Since Kozilek was spoiled lots of years ago and in some countries today is like April's fools day, may I assume this post is a joke?
gkraigher
Full Members
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2015, 02:00:21 pm »

what is going on with this thread? 

Kozilek Buthcher of Truths has been a card for many years already. 
Khahan
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2015, 03:00:06 pm »

what is going on with this thread? 

Kozilek Buthcher of Truths has been a card for many years already. 

Must have come out when I was out of the game. It was in Rosewaters article today for the Oath preview.

Saya
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2015, 11:37:12 pm »

lol
Kameli0n
Adepts
Basic User

[Team RST]

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2015, 01:08:32 am »

I'm assuming you are talking about kozilek great distortion?

Winner of N.Y.S.E XI
Winner of Grudge Match IV @ TDG Winter Open
Owner of The Players Guild - Bloomsburg, PA
MaximumCDawg
Full Members
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2015, 11:37:30 am »

No, he's not, he's literally talking about the original Kozilek.  Isn't there a Slowbro meme that reddit uses in situations like these?

Aaaaanyway, the new Kozi is a fine card.  I'm not sure he has a home due to competition from other Eldrazi Titans, but absent that he's got a Vintage-level effect.  Pitching cards to counter for free is really powerful.  If his first ability was ETB, I'd say game on -- he fuels his own shield -- but as is, cheating him out with Show and Tell or Oath isn't going to do much for you. 

The new Titans DO have one advantage over the old ones that make me thing we might see them in Legacy.  They can be put in the graveyard and re-animated.  I'm not positive that Kozi or Ula really compete with stuff like Iona or Grislebrand, but they're not too far off and it's not hard to see them popping up here and there if they help those decks fill a niche.
Khahan
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2015, 04:11:03 pm »

No, he's not, he's literally talking about the original Kozilek.  Isn't there a Slowbro meme that reddit uses in situations like these?

Aaaaanyway, the new Kozi is a fine card.  I'm not sure he has a home due to competition from other Eldrazi Titans, but absent that he's got a Vintage-level effect.  Pitching cards to counter for free is really powerful.  If his first ability was ETB, I'd say game on -- he fuels his own shield -- but as is, cheating him out with Show and Tell or Oath isn't going to do much for you. 

The new Titans DO have one advantage over the old ones that make me thing we might see them in Legacy.  They can be put in the graveyard and re-animated.  I'm not positive that Kozi or Ula really compete with stuff like Iona or Grislebrand, but they're not too far off and it's not hard to see them popping up here and there if they help those decks fill a niche.

Yeah, I need a slo-bro on this one.  I didn't play when this came out and didn't realize rosewater was referencing an old card.   I've been trying to think of what cards you could put in to those 2-3 slots he frees up to justify the extra turn it takes or any other drawback.  Can't really think of one.

xouman
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2015, 06:23:13 pm »

The problem is that this card is nearly strictly inferior to Emrakul. I cannot understand playing this over the Aeons Torn
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: