TheManaDrain.com
June 20, 2019, 06:46:27 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [OGW] spatial contortion  (Read 1422 times)
gkraigher
Full Members
Basic User

View Profile
« on: December 28, 2015, 01:05:25 pm »

Is this better than dismember for shops? 
rikter
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2015, 01:11:15 pm »

I would still stick with dismember, just because it's easier to cast it under spheres. It's also harder for someone to save their mentor from a Dismember
xouman
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2015, 01:26:17 pm »

Dismember potentially kills more creatures, specially in the mirror (triski, hellkite, kuldotha... but also mentors, as stated.

However this saves life and can be used as an offensive tool, I think it can replace dismember in lots of lists.
MaximumCDawg
Full Members
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2015, 01:31:05 pm »

This card is poop.  I mean, yeah, you could throw it at someone, but you'd be better off using something that does more than smell bad if your aim is to kill them. 

The only advantage it has over the removal that shops currently plays is that it could theoretically be also used as a bolt to the face.  Only, not really, because it kills your Golems if you try to pump em. 

I do not like this card.
gkraigher
Full Members
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2015, 02:01:41 pm »

4 life for dismember adds up though, especially when you have multiple dismembers or an ancient tomb in play. 
rikter
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2015, 03:44:48 pm »

Yeah, it can be rough, but when the alternative is just losing it's just what you have to do haha.

My big thing with this is playing it under spheres, which it does more easily.   CDawg also makes a good point that this thing is unlikely to be used as a combat trick in shops, owing to the fact that it will (generally) kill anything you were to cast it on. Also, and admittedly this is super corner case, but you couldn't cast this off a board of Tolarian Academy and Moxen. I dunno, I'm not a fan.
gkraigher
Full Members
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2015, 05:15:11 pm »

Also, and admittedly this is super corner case, but you couldn't cast this off a board of Tolarian Academy and Moxen.

I don't think this is a corner case, it seems like a lot of the mana base when you also exclude Mishra's Workshop.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: