TheManaDrain.com
September 20, 2019, 01:24:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 'Invent your own format' FNM option  (Read 474 times)
LandDestroyer
Basic User

View Profile Email
« on: January 19, 2016, 05:55:55 pm »

So, when they opened up FNM to include basically any format they added an invent your own format option.  I haven't seen too many people do much with it though.  

I'm wondering if it's within the rules to create a "Shockless Legacy format" that is exactly like legacy except the 10 shock lands from Ravnica blocks never have to pay 2 life to CITP untapped.

Is that possible? What else is possible? If mental magic is acceptable why wouldn't that be?

During all the proxy discussion last week I was brainstorming ways to get people into legacy while being able to use their real cards. 
rikter
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 06:01:54 pm »

So, when they opened up FNM to include basically any format they added an invent your own format option.  I haven't seen too many people do much with it though.  

I'm wondering if it's within the rules to create a "Shockless Legacy format" that is exactly like legacy except the 10 shock lands from Ravnica blocks never have to pay 2 life to CITP untapped.

Is that possible? What else is possible? If mental magic is acceptable why wouldn't that be?

During all the proxy discussion last week I was brainstorming ways to get people into legacy while being able to use their real cards. 

This type of format would favor those with actual duals, simply because under your rules I could now play 8 Volcanic Islands if I so chose (4 proper Volcs, 4 Steam Vents that under your rules are now Volcs), which is sort of an advantage over someone who only plays four. A lot of the delver lists wouldn't run the extras, but I could see some 2 color list or another being able to maximize.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: