TheManaDrain.com
August 19, 2019, 12:49:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dread Return targets and numbera  (Read 801 times)
UndeadBus
Basic User

Ichorid is my spirit animal

View Profile Email
« on: January 24, 2016, 02:14:22 pm »

So as the title suggests this thread is about what we think are currently viable dread return targets. Currently I see the main ones as FKZ, Dragonlord Kolaghan, Elesh Norn, Grislebrand, Ashen Rider, Sun Titan. How many targets do you guys feel are appropriate (both for paper and online) and also the number of Dread returns that are viable in a given deck?

"If you can't take the heat... well thats going to be a problem"
AnvilOfCrom
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 03:29:20 am »

Currently i'm playing 1 FKZ and 1 Elesh Norn as Dread Return Targets. If you're running Fatestitchers, Sun Titan could speed up the win.
vaughnbros
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 08:07:34 am »

I think it really depends on what your deck is trying to do pre and post board.  

There are 3 typical set ups usually in terms of numbers alone:
0 dread return / 0 targets
2 dread return / at least 1 target
3 dread return / at least 2 targets
More returns typically means a faster and more reliable kill for game 1, but it also typically comes at the cost of being more vunerable to graveyard hate game 2/3.

I think there are a lot of different options for what the actual targets are.  The options that have the results backing them are:
Facilitators: Griselbrand, Sun Titan
Finishers: FKZ, Dragonlord Kolaghan, Laboratory Maniac
Other: Elesh Norn, Chancellor of the Annex, Ashen Rider

Then there are a bunch of options I've been trying outside of the established that I think could be good:
Facilitator/Finisher: Goblin Dark-Dwellers w/ draw 7's, ancestral, time walk, Living end, or other high impact spells with CMC<=3
Finisher: Angel of Glory's Rise w/ Laboratory Maniac, and Azami Lady of Scrolls
Other: Ruric Thar, Void Winnower

Stuff I've tried that definitely didn't work:
Auriok Salvagers: getting 1W isn't easy
Revelark+Body Double Combo: Too many moving parts
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 08:13:02 am by vaughnbros » Logged
Ozymandias
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2016, 04:06:52 pm »

I run a maindeck Wispmare and Ingot Chewer plus one or two dread return. It gives me outs to quick oaths, belchers, etc. while still being great postboard.
p3temangus
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2016, 09:08:09 am »

I run a maindeck Wispmare and Ingot Chewer plus one or two dread return. It gives me outs to quick oaths, belchers, etc. while still being great postboard.

I have been running this configuration + a natures claim online for a couple of weeks now, and have really liked the results.

cycle  -> slide eternal witness-> rift your face->return cycle land with witness -> lather rinse repeat
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: