TheManaDrain.com
November 20, 2019, 10:57:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [SOI]Duskwatch Recruiter and Krallenhorde Howler  (Read 2021 times)
Saya
Basic User

View Profile
« on: February 06, 2016, 12:00:26 pm »

Hello.SOI will show us new double-faced cards.Today we see Duskwatch Recruiter//Krallenhorde Howler.
It can add a creature card from your library by paying 2 for body and 3 for activating.Isn't its cost so cheap compared to Azure Mage?A new star for 5C-Human decks probably?
xouman
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2016, 05:00:55 pm »

Few hours ago I was reordering part of my collection and found the playset of Mayor of Avabruck, that I have never played, but had some success back in the day. This recruiter is also a  {1} {G} creature that does not too much by itself but it goes great in a deck with lots of creatures (tbh, flipped mayor is great against aggro)

Unflipped, it is a "late game" bear, since does not attack neither hate the opponent, but allows some refill. Once flipped, it makes spells cheap, but in theory we are already in the late game and have enough mana to deploy a depleted hand, so it seems *bad*. Both sides die to most removal including bolt, and seems a slow card to gain CA.

I think it won't see vintage play, but I'll be glad to be wrong. I got some playsets of these werewolves but still haven't play any of those cards...
fsecco
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2016, 07:02:24 am »

Mayor was good because it helped against MUD/Stax by generating tokens. This guy is way worse, and his ability is expensive for what is does.
MaximumCDawg
Full Members
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2016, 09:13:57 am »

It's cute how the flipped ability is something you would want after using the unflipped ability, though.   I also wonder if the flipped ability is just WORSE normally.   Making werewolves who don't just get better when they flip is interesting design space.  Imagine a hate bear that turned off if it flipped.  You could make it really freaking strong since it would have an unusual kind of punisher mechanic
xouman
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2016, 02:04:58 pm »

I love the idea of great transforming hatebears. A hatebear, by definition, should be able to restrict the spells played by the opponent (at least some type of hatebears, as canonist or thalia). imagine this

Transforming hatebear     
{1} {W}
Non creature spells cost  {1}  to cast.
At the beginning of blablbalabla transform
1/2

Flipped hatebear (black)
When FB damages an opponent, look at his/her hand and discard a non creature spell.
3/3

or

thieving gizmo
 {1} {R}
when redhatebear comes into play, you can sacrifice a permanent. If you do, gain control of target artifact.
At the beginning of blablbalabla transform
2/1

gremlin wrecker
at the end of your turn, destroy target artifact
3/2
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: