TheManaDrain.com
April 19, 2019, 05:39:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Would you rather have Modern Masters II packs (and a box) given away the day of the event, or be mailed Eternal Masters packs a week after the event?
Modern Master II, the day of. - 1 (4%)
Eternal Masters, a week later. - 24 (96%)
Total Voters: 24

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: NYSE Open Giveaways - Would You Rather...  (Read 1468 times)
Prospero
Aequitas
Administrator
Basic User

View Profile
« on: February 15, 2016, 09:42:49 pm »

I was happy to see that Eternal Masters is happening, and I had hoped to be able to give away Eternal Masters boxes/packs at the NYSE Open this year.  The timing, however, is just off, with the release of Eternal Masters being a week after NYSE Open IV. 

Which would you guys prefer, of the two options?

"I値l break my staff,
Bury it certain fathoms in the earth,
And deeper than did ever plummet sound
I値l drown my book."

The Return of Superman

Prospero's Art Collection
enderfall
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2016, 09:55:14 pm »

Even though we don't know contents of Eternal Masters yet, I think there is only one clear choice.
jimmycolorado
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2016, 04:21:28 pm »

I wonder if it's within the realm of possibility to, well, ask wotc for some EMA product for the event? They could consider NYSE as something like a pre-release, where the product is in stores a week before it's available for sale. It might be outrageous considering the tourney is non-sanctioned, but it's absolutely a significant, high-profile Magic event. Anyway, just a thought.
JesterSB
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2016, 10:48:03 am »

I would think there would be prereleases for EMA, so one of the stores associated with NYSE should be able to get product and run events.
Prospero
Aequitas
Administrator
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2016, 11:18:26 am »

I would think there would be prereleases for EMA, so one of the stores associated with NYSE should be able to get product and run events.

As much as I'd like to think that I'd be able to make that happen, there's just about a 0% chance that I could sway Wizards to do it. 

Weren't the GPs the release event of Modern Masters last year?  I could be wrong. 

"I値l break my staff,
I値l drown my book."

The Return of Superman

Prospero
Aequitas
Administrator
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2016, 11:22:52 am »

Also, I'm going to commit to giving out a box of Eternal Masters the following week.  We'll determine the winner the day of the main event, and arrange for shipping to wherever they may be.

I had wanted to do two boxes of EMA, with one being broken down into draft sets given away.  Instead of that (as shipping eight draft sets adds an expense that I'd rather just focus on more giveaways), there may be a box of MM2 broken into draft sets. 

At the very least, there are going to be a fair number of playmats given away.  I just purchased some sweet mats from Melissa Benson.  I've also been collecting cool things to give away for the last six months, so I hope you're excited to see what I have in store.

"I値l break my staff,
I値l drown my book."

The Return of Superman

Chubby Rain
Full Members
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2016, 01:55:33 pm »

Also, I'm going to commit to giving out a box of Eternal Masters the following week.  We'll determine the winner the day of the main event, and arrange for shipping to wherever they may be.

I had wanted to do two boxes of EMA, with one being broken down into draft sets given away.  Instead of that (as shipping eight draft sets adds an expense that I'd rather just focus on more giveaways), there may be a box of MM2 broken into draft sets. 

At the very least, there are going to be a fair number of playmats given away.  I just purchased some sweet mats from Melissa Benson.  I've also been collecting cool things to give away for the last six months, so I hope you're excited to see what I have in store.

It seems that I was the only one that voted for MM2 - I did so because I thought the additional cost and logistics of shipping would increase the burden on the TO for what is a cool bonus but not an essential part of the event. It seems like you've reached a pretty good comprise there, Nick.

"Why are we making bad decks? I mean, honestly, what is our reason for doing this?"

"Is this a Vintage deck or a Cube deck?" "Is it sad that you have to ask?"

"Is that a draft deck?" "Why do people keep asking that?"

Random conversations...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: