TheManaDrain.com
August 18, 2019, 06:39:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: (SOI) Heir of Falkenrath  (Read 1879 times)
Ten-Ten
Basic User

Shalom Aleichem

View Profile
« on: March 04, 2016, 11:49:08 am »

http://www.mtgsalvation.com/cards/shadows-over-innistrad/26694-heir-of-falkenrath
A fixed delver?
 Could this see vintage play? Maybe in a W/B Hatebears? Do existing  Delver decks need this?

Colossians 2:2,3
 That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, both of the Father, and of Christ; In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.
TheWhiteDragon
Basic User

ericdm69@hotmail.com MrMiller2033 ericdm696969
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2016, 11:54:48 am »

Twice the cost of delver, costs 2 cards to make a 3/2, can't be pitched to force...

Move along, nothing to see here.

"I know to whom I owe the most loyalty, and I see him in the mirror every day." - Starke of Rath
serracollector
Basic User

serracollector@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2016, 12:54:34 pm »

I have to disagree, this fits quite well as Delver 5-8 in bug. Still easily castable off a land and Mox, doesn't get countered by mental misstep.  I most definitely think it will see play.

B/R discussions are not allowed outside of Vintage Issues, and that includes signatures.
Aaron Patten
Basic User

Mox Dragon of the Lotus

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2016, 01:09:56 pm »

Only for Madness

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqvKjsIxT_8

University is just another one of those pyramid schemes like chain letters, the Freemason Society, Scientology, and... hmm... what's that really famous one? Oh yeah, Capitalism.
John Cox
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2016, 01:53:21 pm »

It's great but it competes with pyromancer and jace as far as your mana curve goes. I don't know how good this will be.

p3temangus
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2016, 02:09:25 pm »

Viewing a card like this based on existing deck structure is probably a mistake at this point.  Depending on what new madness cards are coming this could be part an engine for a totally new BUG deck, who can really say at this point.  I will reserve judgment until more madness cards are spoiled. 

I do know that I have a set of Foil Rootwalla's that I have been DYING to dust off  Wink

cycle  -> slide eternal witness-> rift your face->return cycle land with witness -> lather rinse repeat
xouman
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2016, 07:36:33 pm »

For vintage it seems narrow, unless you can get some benefit from that discard. Since it flies, it can get some play, but as a 2CC has to compete with pyromancers or confidants

@Ten-Ten: yep, it seems a fixed delver
Saya
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2016, 05:26:23 am »

A fixed delver appears!
Protoaddict
Basic User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2016, 12:11:25 am »

Black has some really great madness cards and multiple copies of this combo well with Call to the Netherworld so you always have gas.

That being said unless we get some outrageously good madness cards I don't see this happening. Is Circular logic even playable at this point even its idealized shell?

This is my podcast:

Http://www.fantasticneighborhood.com
Comedy gaming podcast. Listening to it makes you cool.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: