TheManaDrain.com
December 07, 2019, 08:55:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Shandalar  (Read 1840 times)
Montolio
Basic User

View Profile
« on: March 08, 2016, 01:33:09 pm »

Hey guys,
I am wondering if anyone knows a reliable source to download Shandalar that is compatible with Windows 10.
I have the original game which of course you cannot play anymore unless you own an antique computer.
With people streaming Shandalar recently it has got me the itch to play it again.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Andy

I've sparred with Demon's from the Nine Hells I say. I shall barely break a sweat here today!
Twitter handle @TheALPHA7
Aaron Patten
Basic User

Mox Dragon of the Lotus

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2016, 02:33:31 pm »

You could run it on a Virtual Machine. 
Is there a particular error message you get when trying to run it on Windows 10?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqvKjsIxT_8

University is just another one of those pyramid schemes like chain letters, the Freemason Society, Scientology, and... hmm... what's that really famous one? Oh yeah, Capitalism.
Solemn Storm
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2016, 10:23:32 am »

I was actually digging around for this recently, but wasn't able to find a fixed original. I did find a version with some fixes and some changes at http://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=2349, which wasn't too hard to get set up (the hardest part was finding an iso mounter which wasn't super sketchy). I'd never played the game before, but everything (except random newer art sometimes showing up) seems to work reasonably well out of the box on Windows 10.
fsecco
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2016, 11:36:38 am »

I have the original CDs of Shandalar and both the expansions. You guys know how I can rip it for you?
Solemn Storm
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2016, 01:01:42 pm »

I have the original CDs of Shandalar and both the expansions. You guys know how I can rip it for you?

I think the problem is that the original versions won't work with modern operating systems - he has the originals already.
fsecco
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2016, 10:29:29 am »

I think the problem is that the original versions won't work with modern operating systems - he has the originals already.
So I'm keeping these CDs here for nothing? Sad
Well, I also have the manuals... good times, I loved this game and it's the reason I love Old School formats so much Smile
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: