TheManaDrain.com
June 20, 2019, 06:32:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [SOI] Sigarda, Heron's Grace  (Read 1094 times)
xouman
Basic User

View Profile Email
« on: March 16, 2016, 11:14:46 am »

90% of you, please stop reading. Specially if you are sure that Dromoka and Ojutai are not vintage playables. The rest, continue reading:

Sigarda, Heron's Grace   {3} {G} {W}
Legendary Creature - Angel
Flying
You and Humans you control have hexproof.
2, Exile a card from your graveyard: put a 1/1 white Human Soldier creature token onto the battlefield.
4/5

It's aegis (who is much cheaper) + kira (also cheaper, and wider effect) with a good body and a token generator. The cost is high for a Humans deck, maybe too high, but the effects are awesome. If you are playing Noble hierarch and or deathrite shaman is easier to ramp into it, while it could be unacceptable in mana denial strategies.

Protection for creatures while being inmune to oath, tendrils, gifts...

Thoughts?
Stormanimagus
Basic User

maestrosmith55
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 11:59:39 am »

I like her. I wish she was 2GW with 3/4 p/t instead, but even where she is I could see her being played. One would just have to center their deck around a little more ramp is all.

-Storm

"To light a candle is to cast a shadow. . ."

—Ursula K. Leguin
p3temangus
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2016, 12:30:11 pm »

I like this a lot despite not having hexproof itself.  Maybe a "win-more" for Mentor Decks but real nice for anything with Deathrite and Thalia.

cycle  -> slide eternal witness-> rift your face->return cycle land with witness -> lather rinse repeat
wappla
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2016, 02:23:20 pm »

That's quite a large hatebear!
fsecco
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2016, 03:45:22 pm »

Thing is Dromoka found it's place in big mana control decks, not in humans. I doubt Sigarda will have the same impact. She doesn't protect herself, and hexproof to you is just too late at 5 mana to screw Tendrils or Cabal Therapy.
The only good thing for her is horizontal growth, but even then 2 mana is probably too much and it messes up your graveyard for delve spells or Jace/Snapcaster.
CHA1N5
Full Members
Basic User

bluh

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2016, 03:57:27 pm »

That's quite a large hatebear!

New Deck: Hate Angels.

Workshop, Mox, Smokestack
Tangle Wire spells your Doom
Counter, Sac, Tap, Fade

@KevinCron on Twitter :: Host of the So Many Insane Plays podcast.
boggyb
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2016, 05:00:12 pm »

Is there any way it works in Oath as sb tech for the mirror and storm?

If you Oath first, your opponent can't Oath you and you can keep going. Same for storm. May not be better than Griselbrand necessarily. May be worth a playtest or two in a B. Kelly style Oath list? It IS eminently castable.
Saya
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2016, 10:45:39 pm »

This board says: "Read and talk about playing strategy to improve your game."
Khahan
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2016, 09:43:43 am »

Is there any way it works in Oath as sb tech for the mirror and storm?

If you Oath first, your opponent can't Oath you and you can keep going. Same for storm. May not be better than Griselbrand necessarily. May be worth a playtest or two in a B. Kelly style Oath list? It IS eminently castable.

It does function that way.  But I just can't help but think Oath can do better than a 4/5 flier.  In a vacuum this would be good. But in a field with so many other choices its good, but not good enough.

Team - One Man Show.   yes, the name is ironic.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: