TheManaDrain.com
August 19, 2019, 12:58:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: How much power do you own?
9 pieces! - 43 (28.5%)
8 pieces - 11 (7.3%)
7 pieces - 10 (6.6%)
6 pieces - 10 (6.6%)
5 pieces - 4 (2.6%)
4 pieces - 10 (6.6%)
3 pieces - 6 (4%)
2 pieces - 5 (3.3%)
1 piece - 9 (6%)
I don't own any power - 43 (28.5%)
Total Voters: 151

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: How much power do you own?  (Read 11179 times)
NodFreak
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2009, 02:32:30 am »

I know i posted before, but for the sake of helping a little more, im in South America, and hope that soon (maybe this year, maybe 1st trimester of the next one... i dont know, when i have the cash), i will take 3 more pieces of power from you guys, sorry 'bout that              Very Happy

Flipping desks Batman!
AngryPheldagrif
Basic User

It's funny because I'm better than you!

HunterKiller403
View Profile Email
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2009, 03:34:51 am »

25 or 30 P9, 5 or 6 Imperial Seals, generally 4 of the rest, 15-20 Drains probably.

I'm good.

A day without spam is like a day without sunshine.
tito del monte
Basic User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2009, 05:44:24 am »

I've slowly clawed my way up to six pieces, all unlimited: Jet, Sapphire, Emerald, Pearl, Ancestral and Walk (arrived two days ago!).

Also have Library and a set of drains.

I'm not sure what to go after next. Vault and Ruby, so I can play a slightly sub-optimal Tezz list.. or Lotus, so I can play lots of stuff, but not have the win condition du jour, or indeed any food for some time... Smile

For the other poll, I'm in the UK

Phele
Basic User

Tom Bombadil

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2009, 06:52:05 am »

Fully powered, 4 Drains, all sets of Duals, three Grim Tutor, three Library of Alexandria, 1 Imperial Seal, 1 Time Vault ... thats what you need, when you want to play Drain- or Ritual-combo in Europe (maybe except the extra Libraries and one or two Grims).

But I am in the great position of having started Magic in 1994 when many of the mentioned cards were far away from todays prices.

Tom Bombadil is a merry fellow; Bright blue his jacket is, and his boots are yellow.

Free Illusionary Mask!!
marcb
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2009, 07:42:40 am »

I have a full set of power (unlimited), LOA, 4 drains, 4 bazaars, 4 workshops, no Imp. Seal, Grim Tutor, or Time Vault. Full set of blue duals and most of the vintage staples, and I still don't support getting rid of proxies. My work keeps me pretty busy, so I have only entered one tournament in my life, and although I would love to play in more tournaments and find time to improve my game, I have still invested in the cards because if you love the game, then you should support it in anyway you can. Besides proxy or not, it's so much nicer to drop a black lotus than a plains with "black lotus" written on it.

@stormanimagus- I have been reading the manadrain daily since 2002, but I only have 55 posts, so I definitely qualify as someone who doesn't post often, and I have only participated in 1 tournament. I try to play whenever I can, but there aren't any T1 players at the University of Chicago, and I don't have time to drive North into the city or to some of the new stores up farther north. I don't know if I would be considered an active player or not, certainly not for competitive play.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 07:47:55 am by marcb » Logged
waywreth
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2009, 08:05:40 am »

0 Power, and no Vault, Shops, Drains, Library or Bazaars.
I do own most of the blue duals (need 2 more Underground, and the Tundras).

And barring winning an event, I would end up filling out my blue duals and drains before getting power.
Having a baby and a house tends to cut into your discretionary spending.

US player.
LennoxLewis86
Full Members
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2009, 08:58:08 am »

I have beta power (9 pieces) a Grim Tutor and an Imperial Seal, that's about it..

I live in Europe
GrandpaBelcher
Adepts
Basic User

1000% Serious

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2009, 09:22:43 am »

I have zero power but all of the staples, enough cards to play any deck at 10 proxies or fewer.

I'm more invested in the format having spent several hours (like a few days' worth) making good-looking proxies for myself.  I very much resent implications that people who don't own power are somehow less invested in Vintage.  Investment isn't always monetary, and I know that myself and others put a lot of time and effort into making Vintage an enjoyable experience for everyone.

US player.

Cast Force of Love and help support the Serious Vintage podcast and streaming!
https://teespring.com/seriousvintage
Anusien
Adepts
Basic User

Anusien
View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2009, 09:41:24 am »

I'm in the US.  I own two pieces of power (Pearl and Emerald), both of which I won at events and kept.  I also own two Drains, which I purchased.

Magic Level 3 Judge
Southern USA Regional Coordinator

Quote from: H.L. Mencken
The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule.
Chaos Lord 21
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2009, 09:58:56 am »

I currently own no power, but I do own a sealed Beta starter deck, so perhaps I have some and just don't know it yet. I was fully powered from ~'97-'99, and plan on reacquiring it at some point. Despite being presently powerless, I fully support the reduction/removal of proxy tournaments.
zeus-online
Adepts
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2009, 10:12:40 am »

I'm fairly surprised that so many people have the full power9 rather then just the 8 more commonly played power cards.

I've got 8 pieces btw....1 Beta and the rest is unl. with 2 of them being pretty beat up (lotus and jet)

Still haven't acquired a timetwister...Although i've seriously considered it since the prices on power is very low in denmark right now.

Other then that i've got loa, 4 bazaars and 4 drains...still lacking shops...and i've no interest in grim tutors, although imperial seal could be nice. I also lack time vault, but i'm hoping for it to be BANNED in the near future, but thats another discussion all together.

The truth is an elephant described by three blind men.
hyst
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2009, 10:42:45 am »

Hello,
Long time reader, blabla ...

Belgian player, I own 8 pieces of Power. All ulimited except a beta Ruby. I also have a playset of Workshops and Drains.
I'm planning to buy my missing Timetwister and a Time Vault.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 04:01:07 am by hyst » Logged

Try to pretend like you understand what's important.
Greeg
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2009, 02:18:11 pm »

I have 8 Unl Power (missing Mox Pearl).

But I also own 4 Mana Drain (2 Itl), 4 Bazaars, 2 Grim Tutors, 1 S-Chinese Imp Seal, 7-8 Underground Seas, 4 of all other Blue Duals and Fetches, along with some playsets of every other dual (besides Savannahs...) and a bunch of other juicy stuff.

Cleveland, OH
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 07:18:12 am by Greeg » Logged
wiley
Full Members
Basic User

garrettlwiley
View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2009, 02:35:18 pm »

3 pieces of power, 1 of which I won.  4 shops, 4 drains (italian), 4 bazaars, only missing 3 tundras to have a complete playset of duals, have a complete play set of fetch lands.

I doubt that I will be buying any more power for a couple of years, so the only ones that will enter my possession in the near future are ones that I happen to win, and with the tournament scene in the south east that isn't very likely to happen.

I live in north carolina.

Team Arsenal
Demonic Attorney
Administrator
Basic User

ravingderelict17
View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2009, 02:46:53 pm »

Lotus (U)
Walk (U)
Ancestral (U)
Vault (U)
5x Moxes (U)
4x Drains (Italian)
4x Each blue dual (R)
4x Each blue fetch

No LoA (though I may use store credit winnings to arrange one soon), no Timetwister, no Shops/Bazzars/Grim Tutors.  No Imperial Seal. 

New England, United States.

Played Magic since 1996, T1 since 1997, competitive Vintage since 2004.

Pyromaniac
Full Members
Basic User

hero.t.mannetje@gmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2009, 03:18:40 pm »

Full power with drains, shops, bazaars, 2 grims and Seal/Vault/LoA. Also have an extra Twister and LoA for casual decks

It's hard to be religious, when certain people don`t get incinerated by lightning...

On another note, while Ancestral is clearly very very good, having it in your opening is hand is not. - AmbivalentDuck
bb-g
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2009, 05:18:19 pm »

I live in Belgium and I started MtG again about a year ago and i collected in the meantime following pieces:
Full power, 4 drains, 4 shops, 1 LoA, 1 Imperial Seal, 1 Grim Tutor, All but 6 duals (i don't own 2 badlands and 4 savannah but these are in the progress of being purchased), just bought 4 Bazaars, waiting for their arrival, Time Vault, 4 foil strands, 4 foil delta, 4 windswepth heath's, 4 mire, 4 foothills. I think i own most of the used cards in most Vintage decks. (i don't have metalworkers though Sad )
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 06:01:22 pm by bb-g » Logged

moxpearl
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2009, 05:56:26 pm »

Unlimited power9, alpha time vault, bazaar x4, drain x4, library, chinese seal.   No grims or workshops.   

Minnesota

Royal Ass.
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2009, 07:57:10 pm »

1 Unlimited Lotus
4 Unlimited Moxes (Jet, Ruby, Pearl, Emerald)
1 Unlimited Time Walk
1 Beta Ancestral
1 Unlimited Ancestral (would like to trade it for a sapphire some day)

4 Drains
Lots of Duals  and other Staples.

Set of Arabian Nights (Includes LOA, Bazaar etc)

Unfortunately the  Type 1 scene died out in Kansas City in around 2004 so I don't really get to play in tournaments (it was because the stores wouldn't allow proxies and people lost interest).  I would have played in the Vintage side event at the KC Nationals event a month ago but was studying for Bar exam Sad....
vassago
Basic User

phesago
View Profile Email
« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2009, 09:22:55 pm »

I am surprised this thread hasn't turned into the sickest collection of scans/pictures the magic world has ever known. 

Quote from: M.Solymossy
.... "OMGWTFElephantOnMyFace".
God_Campbell
Basic User

I like 3 things; Beer, Women and Pimp Cards

god_campbell69@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2009, 02:55:39 am »

I own 6, missing Lotus, Ruby and twister. plus need to pick up a time vault soon as well as LOA.

My power is all unlm save for a beta recall, I also rock a set of Mana drains and a whack of duals.

"To me, T2 and extended are like a bicycle race, Legacy is like dirt-bike racing, and vintage is like high performance turbo-bike racing where everyone has samurai swords." - Harlequin
Greeg
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2009, 07:07:46 am »

I am surprised this thread hasn't turned into the sickest collection of scans/pictures the magic world has ever known. 

I agree, but it seems like a lot of people who own power don't really own more than 1 set.

You get the few guys who have massive collections and lots of power, such as Ben Carp, then you get us average joes Smile

The only way I'll ever own multiples of power is if I win it, in which case, I might try and trade my power up to A/B.
Eddie
Full Members
Basic User

Mr. Monster

Lord_Kwakkie@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2009, 09:01:40 am »

I own this:

Not the best beta set, but it will do. Have almost all other playables as well.

No room in the house exceeds a length of twenty-five feet, let alone fifty feet, let alone fifty-six and a half feet, and yet Chad and Daisy's voices are echoing, each call responding with an entirely separate answer. In the living room, Navidson discovers the echoes emanating from a dark, doorless hallway which has appeared out of nowhere in the west wall.

House of Leaves - Danielewski
Delha
Full Members
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2009, 01:37:06 pm »

For Storm's data collection:

Alpha Lotus, UL Moxen
US (Southern California)
Tournament inactive

I suppose it's mostly the thought that this format is just one big Mistake; and not even a very sophisticated one at that.
Much like humanity itself.
Eye_of_the_Beholder
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2009, 02:02:41 pm »

Belgium
8 unlimited P9 : Lotus, Recall, Walk, Twister, Sapphire, Jet, Ruby, Emerald
4 Drains  3 Workshops, 1 TimeVault, 1 Seal, 1 LoA
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 12:57:58 pm by Eye_of_the_Beholder » Logged
LordHomerCat
Full Members
Basic User

Lord+Homer+Cat
View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2009, 02:12:37 pm »

Sorry, to follow the trend:

No power, no drains, no shops, no nothing.
USA, Midwest

Team Meandeck

Team Serious

Quote from: spider
LordHomerCat is just mean, and isnt really justifying his statements very well, is he?
honestabe
Basic User

How many more Unicorns must die???

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2009, 02:18:07 pm »

I own 0 peices of power

I've also only played in 2 tournaments for power.

I've been playing serious, competitive vintage for only a few months but i'm starting to pick it up quickly, with a few decent outings at ELD's monday night vintage.

as far as playables go, I have 1 Strand, and 2 deltas.  Both are signed.  I also have 3 goyfs, 4 forces, and a few off-color duals, but no blue ones.  The only deck i can play with 10 proxies is Oath, and even then the duals come from a friend of mine

As far as I can tell, the entire Vintage community is based on absolute statements
  -Chris Pikula
Marske
Mindsculptor
Full Members
Basic User

Go beyond Synergy and enter Poetry

marius.vanzundert@live.nl marske1984
View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: August 20, 2009, 05:33:34 pm »

Quote from: vassago

Pics to go with my earlier post:

Riding a polka-powered zombie T-Rex into a necromancer family reunion in the middle of an evil ghost hurricane.

"Meandeckers act like they forgot about Dredge." - Matt Elias

The Atog Lord: I'm not an Atog because I'm GOOD with machines Wink
mgouthro
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 20, 2009, 10:49:48 pm »

Beta: Complete P9 (although the Timetwister is hiding right now), 4 Seas, 4 Volcs, 4 Trops, 2 Tundra, Demonic Tutor, Wheel of Fortune, Balance, Berserk, Sol Ring, Mana Vault

Other bigs: 4 Bazaar, 4 Workshop, 3 Grim Tutor, English Seal, Library, Tabernacle, 4 Drains, Time Vault

Live in Canada.

Team wasted travel
- We own 9th spot
conboy31
Basic User

conboy007 none
View Profile Email
« Reply #59 on: August 20, 2009, 11:09:33 pm »

One of each mox, lotus, recall, for power.  For the other bigger vintage cards: 4 italian drains, 2 loa's, 1 grim tutor, 1 tabernacle.

Usa/Minnesota

AVOID MTG Fanatic! They remand orders and re-list the cards for more money.
http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=216721
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: