TheManaDrain.com
August 04, 2020, 08:28:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ~Psychological Surgery  (Read 1889 times)
CorwinB
Basic User

View Profile
« on: April 05, 2011, 02:05:46 am »

(name may not be properly translated)
Enchantment
 {1} {U}
Whenever an opponent shuffles his or her library, you may look at the top 2 cards of that library. If you do, you may exile one of them. Then put the rest on top of that library library in any order.

This completely screws topdeck tutors, and has a chance to mess with draws after each fetch/tutor. I don't remember seeing a card like this before. The casting cost is low enough to be playable, and the effect could be good enough against decks relying on tutoring/shuffling to access their business spells. Maybe as a sideboard card in the blue mirror, or sideboard tech for fish decks ?
TopSecret
Full Members
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 04:59:30 am »

Problem is how much better is it than Leonin Arbiter or Aven Mindcensor?
Given, those cards aren't blue, but would playing them over this card be worth splashing white?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 09:42:12 am by TopSecret » Logged

Ball and Chain
Klep
OMG I'M KLEP!
Administrator
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 09:06:23 am »

How many of these are you willing to run to stop 2 non-critical cards (MT and VT) out of the decks of some of your opponents?

So I suppose I should take The Fringe back out of my sig now...
i_set_fire
Basic User

i_set_fire
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 11:04:38 am »

This would be awesome if you could do it to yourself, too.  It would be like a free half-assed preordain after every fetch.  Since it is just opponent, not worth it.

Team Nicedeck

Nice guys do finish last...
AmbivalentDuck
Tournament Organizers
Basic User

Exile Ancestral and turn Tiago sideways.

ambivalentduck ambivalentduck ambivalentduck
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 11:11:23 am »

How many of these are you willing to run to stop 2 non-critical cards (MT and VT) out of the decks of some of your opponents?
That's not quite all that it does.  You could conceivably nail win conditions off fetchland shuffles.  The larger problem is that this certainly dead against "fish," brown, and Dredge.  It's not bomby enough to deserve sideboard use and with so much potential to be dead, it has no place in a maindeck.

A link to the GitHub project where I store all of my Cockatrice decks.
Team TMD - If you feel that team secrecy is bad for Vintage put this in your signature
Any interest in putting together/maintaining a Github Git project that hosts proven decks of all major archetypes and documents their changes over time?
Meddling Mike
Master of Divination
Administrator
Basic User

Not Chris Pikula

micker01 Micker1985 micker1985
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 11:32:50 pm »

That's not quite all that it does.  You could conceivably nail win conditions off fetchland shuffles.  The larger problem is that this certainly dead against "fish," brown, and Dredge.  It's not bomby enough to deserve sideboard use and with so much potential to be dead, it has no place in a maindeck.
My thoughts exactly.

Meddling Mike posts so loudly that nobody can get a post in edgewise.

Team TMD - If you feel that team secrecy is bad for Vintage put this in your signature
Klep
OMG I'M KLEP!
Administrator
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2011, 09:00:38 am »

If you want to nail win conditions, hoping that the top card of their library after they shuffled for a fetch is a win condition is a terrible way to go about it.

So I suppose I should take The Fringe back out of my sig now...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: