TheManaDrain.com
September 23, 2020, 09:47:58 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [m13] Krenko, Mob Boss  (Read 1346 times)
serracollector
Basic User

serracollector@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« on: June 12, 2012, 11:29:31 am »

This card, along with all the Goblin lords that provide haste, seems like it could be a quicker game ender than Siege Gang, and at 1 mana less.   Tapping this guy, throwing 3-4 gobos into play and swingiing with all + Pile driver seems fairly simple.  I think an interesting addition for Gobos.  Discuss.

For future reference, just highlight the link and click the button right under the bold button that looks like a framed picture to add img tags.
-Meddling Mike
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 12:16:00 pm by serracollector » Logged

B/R discussions are not allowed outside of Vintage Issues, and that includes signatures.
hvndr3d y34r h3x
Basic User

80:20 against LordHomerCat, the word's 2nd best an

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 11:41:49 am »

Needs haste lords, good thing goblins has tons. I'll probably test this out, it might be the thing that makes gem palm finally toast goyf.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am 80:20 against LordHomerCat, the word's 2nd best and on other days the world's best vintage player. Wink
Meddling Mike
Master of Divination
Administrator
Basic User

Not Chris Pikula

micker01 Micker1985 micker1985
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 12:11:28 pm »

Well, SGC isn't legendary, flings Goblins and makes three tokens immediately regardless of the board state. By comparison, Krenko seems a bit "win-more" in that it works best when you have a Goblin Warchief/King and a bunch of Goblins already in play.

Meddling Mike posts so loudly that nobody can get a post in edgewise.

Team TMD - If you feel that team secrecy is bad for Vintage put this in your signature
hvndr3d y34r h3x
Basic User

80:20 against LordHomerCat, the word's 2nd best an

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 12:27:41 pm »

I recently top 8'd with goblins running 3 or 4 sgc, and at 5 this pretty obnoxious to cast. In addition, all the dudes in the format make lackey not as reliable, and I boarded in my 4th sting scourger every game. I assume an ideal list with this dude involves playing lords that reduce its cc and makes it a 3 drop. As a legend, you can run 3 with goblin tutors and it seems fine considering the deck has no draw engine outside of the current unplayed ring leader.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am 80:20 against LordHomerCat, the word's 2nd best and on other days the world's best vintage player. Wink
Wagner
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 01:22:55 pm »

In magical Christmasland, you this new guy also allows this.

T1 Lackey
T2 Swing, drop Warchief or this guy, cast Piledriver
T3 Cast Warchief or this guy, tap for 4 1/1 with haste, attack for 20

I agree that SGC is better most of the time when dropped with Lackey, but if you want a guy that is castable, this guy seems much better. Also, his 3/3 body means he cast hold against most 2/x the format has.
Ozymandias
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2012, 03:03:40 pm »

As far as I can tell this guy is going to be an amazing tutor target. We'll see about more.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: