TheManaDrain.com
April 18, 2019, 03:42:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Born of the Gods  (Read 10884 times)
Wagner
Basic User

View Profile
« on: January 14, 2014, 09:16:47 pm »

It's that time again! Let's see what we have so far!

Fated Retribution
   4www
Instant    Rare
Destroy all creatures and planeswalkers. If it's your turn, scry 2.

This is basically a better Rout (yes yes, they can regenerate). Scry 2 will be rare, but a nice bonus. Should be auto-include.

Mogis, God of Slaughter
   2br
Legendary Enchantment Creature God    Mythic Rare
Indestructible
As long as your devotion to black and red is less than seven, Mogis isn't a creature.
At the beginning of each opponent's upkeep, Mogis deals 2 damage to that player unless he or she sacrifices a creature.
Illus. Peter Mohrbacher #151/165   7/5

Not to be underestimated, this is pretty hard to remove and will ping everyone for 2 for a while as it will never be a creature.
Farandar
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 06:53:33 am »

Fated retribution is auto-include.

Mogis is a decent utility, one of those cards that could almost be an autocounter.

Heroes' Podium

Name: Heroes' Podium
Cost: 5
Type: Legendary Artifact
Rules Text: Each legendary creature you control gets +1/+1 for each other legendary creature you control. {X}, {T}: Look at the top X cards of your library. You may reveal a legendary card from among them and put it into your hand. Put the rest on the bottom of your library in a random order.
Illus. Willian Murai
Rarity: Rare

Coat of arms for Legendary : meh.
Demonic tutor for Legendary every turn : Not that bad. If you miss that kind of card. It won't be more than a buck, btw.

Archetype of Endurance
Cost: 6GG
Type: Enchantment Creature Boar
Pow/Tgh: 6/5
Rules Text: Creatures you control have hexproof. Creatures your opponents control lose hexproof and can't have or gain hexproof.
Not that much of a beater, but decent body, and a nice ability. Good enough ? Not sure. There is a cycle of these : the white one is a 2/2 giving first strike.

Lysyc12
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 10:33:04 pm »

Love this guy:

Chromanticore       {W} {U} {B} {R} {G}
Enchantment Creature Manticore
Bestow  {2} {W}{U}{B}{R} {G}
Flying, first strike, vigilance, trample, lifelink
Enchanted creature gets +4/+4 and has flying, first strike, vigilance, trample and lifelink.
4/4

Makes any creature on you side bananas and sticks around after it dies.  Best Bestow card I've seen yet!

Less sure about this one, but should be solid at least in newer stacks:

Tromokratis      {5} {U} {U}
Legendary Creature Kraken    
Tromokratis has hexproof unless it's attacking or blocking.
Tromokratis can't be blocked unless all creatures defending player controls block it. (If any creature that player controls doesn't block this creature, it can't be blocked.)
8/8

A solid beater with interesting protection.  I won't go out of my way to acquire him, but I may give him a shot.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 06:53:30 pm by Lysyc12 » Logged
A.-1.
Full Members
Basic User

Team RST

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 03:00:06 pm »

I suppose you could use Heroes' Podium to at least stack your library every upkeep at worst.

Please make an attempt to use proper grammar.
Wagner
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 03:18:06 pm »

I suppose you could use Heroes' Podium to at least stack your library every upkeep at worst.

Heroes' Podium

Name: Heroes' Podium
Cost: 5
Type: Legendary Artifact
Rules Text: Each legendary creature you control gets +1/+1 for each other legendary creature you control. {X}, {T}: Look at the top X cards of your library. You may reveal a legendary card from among them and put it into your hand. Put the rest on the bottom of your library in a random order.
A.-1.
Full Members
Basic User

Team RST

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2014, 06:37:44 pm »

I like how I read the card three times and still managed to miss that. /facepalm

Please make an attempt to use proper grammar.
Wagner
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2014, 08:58:31 pm »

Well, nothing too awesome spoiled yet, but some neat stuff for Chaos stacks.

Whims of the Fates
   5r
Sorcery    Rare
Starting with you, each player separates all permanents he or she controls into three piles. Then each player chooses one of his or her piles at random and sacrifices those permanents. (Piles can be empty.)

No guarantee to hit anything, but odds are you'll kill some stuff.

Perplexing Chimera
   4u
Enchantment Creature Chimera    Rare
Whenever an opponent casts a spell, you may exchange control of Perplexing Chimera and that spell. If you do, you may choose new targets for the spell. (If the spell becomes a permanent, you control that permanent.)
Illus. Tyler Jacobson #48/165   3/3

This just sounds hilarious to me. I'm not sure it it will be more annoying than anything, but it sounds all kinds of fun.
Mr. Type 4
Creator of Type 4
Full Members
Basic User

Creator of Type 4 - Discoverer of Steve Menendian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2014, 04:08:04 pm »

Its better that people cant stack their deck every upkeep - that stuff is super time consuming.  

Instant Speed wraths are always going to be good.  Fated Retrbution is easily one of the best, I probably wouldnt pick it over Rout but its very close.  

I like Archtype of Endurance.  Its one of those things people might alet you resolve in the early game and then anything else you ever play gets to hang around.  More importantly it removes Hexproof from other creatures which is a unique effect that could have some really interesting Type 4 scenarios, but it unfortunatly doesn't remove Shroud (which would be better, IMO).  

This one is insane:

Fated Return  (7)
Instant
Put target creature card from a graveyard onto the battlefield under your control. It gains indestructible. If it's your turn, scry 2. (Look at the top two cards of your library, then put any number of them on the bottom of your library and the rest on top in any order.)

Any graveyard into play under your control AND its indestructable?  That's one hell of a combat trick.  I;d first pick this in type 4 draft for sure. 
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 04:17:00 pm by Mr. Type 4 » Logged

2008 VINTAGE CHAMPION
2013 NYSE OPEN I CHAMPION
Team Meandeck

Mastriano's the only person I know who can pick up chicks and win magic tournaments at the same time.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: