TheManaDrain.com
January 25, 2020, 07:31:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Boonweaver Giant  (Read 1735 times)
fsecco
Basic User

View Profile Email
« on: June 30, 2014, 09:44:56 am »

Boonweaver Giant
6W
Creature - Giant Monk
When Boonweaver Giant enters the battlefield, you may search your graveyard, hand, and/or library for an Aura card and put it onto the battlefield attached to Boonweaver Giant. If you search your library this way, shuffle it.

I keep thinking this guy is a neat reanimator or Oath target, but I can't remember any awesome-game-ending Aura that could come with him. Any ideas?

I'm also trying to think if this guy is playable in Dredge.

All of this depend on finding an Aura that is good. But even if there isn't, I think this guy should be on our radar for future aura releases.
gkraigher
Full Members
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 09:50:29 am »

please lock this thread immediately moderators. 
fsecco
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 09:59:45 am »

please lock this thread immediately moderators.  
And why is that? I'm not saying the card is downright playable, but it has an unprecedent effect and could come into play easily with strategies that are largely played on Vintage. If he's good or not, as I said, depends on finding an Aura that can achieve something with him.

But I'm not, at all, creating this thread without any thought, like a lot of spoiler threads I see here on obviously useless cards. So if you're tired of that, get out of the computer and go rest. If not, just stop being so rude for no reason.
Saya
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2014, 10:37:54 am »

How many seconds have you spent when you post this thread?
Templar
Tournament Organizers
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2014, 10:47:09 am »

Unless you're going to give him haste *and* get Eldrazi Conscription on him, I just don't see any reason to get excited.  And even then, probably not.
AmbivalentDuck
Tournament Organizers
Basic User

Exile Ancestral and turn Tiago sideways.

ambivalentduck ambivalentduck ambivalentduck
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2014, 10:50:44 am »

How many seconds have you spent when you post this thread?
Eldrazi Conscription is a card. This is not better than Emrakul and it's hard to imagine a future Aura that makes a 4/4 better than Emrakul.

Ie. Consider a Pattern of Rebirth variant that turns critters into planeswalkers and you only run Nicol Bolas and/or Karn. Is that even good enough? An Aura that turns any critter into a Platinum Angel? Take it further: turn Necropotence into an Aura. Good enough? Nope. Yawgmoth's Bargain *might* be good enough.

A link to the GitHub project where I store all of my Cockatrice decks.
Team TMD - If you feel that team secrecy is bad for Vintage put this in your signature
Any interest in putting together/maintaining a Github Git project that hosts proven decks of all major archetypes and documents their changes over time?
HappyNewyear
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2014, 10:57:52 am »

There are better options with this effect than Boonweaver Giant.  Bruna, for example.

Even then, I still wouldn't want to be the guy playing Bruna Oath.
vaughnbros
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2014, 11:04:46 am »

Sovereigns of lost Alara is a more powerful version of this card.
AmbivalentDuck
Tournament Organizers
Basic User

Exile Ancestral and turn Tiago sideways.

ambivalentduck ambivalentduck ambivalentduck
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2014, 11:11:22 am »

Sovereigns of lost Alara is a more powerful version of this card.
I disagree. If Yawgmoth's Bargain was made into an Aura, this would be better than Sovereigns or Bruna for finding it and getting it into play. That said, we already have the option of Oathing out Academy Rector and saccing it to Cabal Therapy. So I'm not sure why anyone would ever play this. Nothing could ever be good enough. Ie. Consider an Aura that lets a creature kill any player it deals combat damage to. That's still worse than Emrakul. To be playable with this, an aura would have to give hexproof, haste, unblockability, and instakill to a player.

A link to the GitHub project where I store all of my Cockatrice decks.
Team TMD - If you feel that team secrecy is bad for Vintage put this in your signature
Any interest in putting together/maintaining a Github Git project that hosts proven decks of all major archetypes and documents their changes over time?
GrandpaBelcher
Adepts
Basic User

1000% Serious

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2014, 11:12:42 am »

Yawgmoth's Bargain can be Oathed into play as Griselbrand. This card is not a Vintage consideration.

Cast Force of Love and help support the Serious Vintage podcast and streaming!
https://teespring.com/seriousvintage
Valorale
Basic User

Valorale
View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2014, 12:05:38 pm »

Take the best aura in the game that could be attached to this guy. Now imagine that card in your hand.

This guy is absolute garbage. There is no discussion or consideration here.
Meddling Mike
Master of Divination
Administrator
Basic User

Not Chris Pikula

micker01 Micker1985 micker1985
View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2014, 12:18:31 pm »

Move along folks. Nothing to see here.
-MM

Meddling Mike posts so loudly that nobody can get a post in edgewise.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: