TheManaDrain.com
September 23, 2019, 04:03:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Let's fire another one! Vintage PE, Saturday July 19th  (Read 2893 times)
Zherbus
Administrator
Basic User

FatherHell
View Profile WWW
« on: July 18, 2014, 11:36:07 am »

On Saturday, July 19 at 5:30PM Pacific, 8:30PM Eastern, let's fire another one. People have been asking about this one, so let's fire this one off!

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/events-schedule-2014-06-30#vintagepremier

Hangout for the event will be on TMD Teamspeak for anyone interested.

Founder, Admin of TheManaDrain.com

Team Meandeck: Because Noble Panther Decks Keeper
enderfall
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2014, 04:31:20 pm »

Saturday is such a better day at the current time slot for people in Eastern and Central timezones with "9-5 jobs", and potentially (but unlikely) EU players. I'll be there.
Samoht
Adepts
Basic User

Team RST

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2014, 06:27:45 pm »

Saturday is such a better day at the current time slot for people in Eastern and Central timezones with "9-5 jobs", and potentially (but unlikely) EU players. I'll be there.

Save that Saturdays are when all the Vintage events fire, I'd agree with you.

Char? Char you! I like the play.
-Randy Bueller

I swear I'll burn the city down to show you the light.

The best part of believe is the lie
Shock Wave
Adepts
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2014, 07:26:33 pm »

I'll be there.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." 
- Theodore Roosevelt
dragzz
Basic User

=P

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2014, 08:25:58 pm »

Awesome! I'll be in this one!

mtgo: genpex
Smmenen
2007 Vintage World Champion
Adepts
Basic User

Smmenen
View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2014, 04:49:33 am »

I'm gonna try and make this.  May go to Napa for the day. If not, I'm in.

The M.E.T.H.O.D
Full Members
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2014, 09:38:10 am »

I'll be playing and bump.

Lets get this one to fire! we dont need that many people.  The people in charge of scheduling keep putting the premier 2 hours after a vintage daily, and the premier would probably fire if the daily didn't vacuum people 2 hours earlier.

So play in the premier at 830pm est and get people to skip the daily today at 630pm est.

Team Meandeck: classy old folks that meet up at the VFW on leap year
yugular
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2014, 01:07:20 pm »

Hopefully you get this thing going! Being at GMT+2 Timezone I can't attend. (It's my 3.30 am) Maybe someday when I can arrange that my whole family is somewhere on a trip and I have few days off from work...
The Atog Lord
Administrator
Basic User

The+Atog+Lord
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2014, 07:28:22 pm »

I'm signed up. We're only halfway there, however, and the start time is soon.

The Academy: If I'm not dead, I have a Dragonlord Dromoka coming in 4 turns
Zherbus
Administrator
Basic User

FatherHell
View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2014, 07:32:27 pm »

Yeah, doesn't look like we could do it. People dropped once it failed to hit 33. An ideal earlier Sunday time would really be best, but oh well. See you at the 9:30 EST Daily!

dragzz
Basic User

=P

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2014, 07:35:44 pm »

Too bad, but there would always be a next time!

mtgo: genpex
enderfall
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2014, 07:39:58 am »

I believe that Saturdays can fire, there is the mental stigma of "It'll never fire" that simply needs to be overcome. If we keep trying, I believe we can get there. After that, it makes things much easier to do on a regular basis... though a Sunday afternoon would be ideal.
JACO
Full Members
Basic User

Don't be a meatball.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2014, 12:14:17 pm »

What about Vintage Premiere Events if they were scheduled for say 10amPT/12pmCT/1pmET? Wouldn't that allow people to sleep in and get up and battle Vintage or Legacy all day if they wanted and still be able to either go out at night or go to sleep appropriately? That also makes them more feasible for Euro community; correct? Am I missing a reason that wouldn't work if they were scheduled as such?

Want to write about Vintage, Legacy, Modern, Type 4, or Commander/EDH? Eternal Central is looking for writers! Contact me. Follow me on Twitter @JMJACO. Follow Eternal Central on Twitter @EternalCentral.
Zherbus
Administrator
Basic User

FatherHell
View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2014, 02:42:06 pm »

That timing works well and I would venture to say that most all Sunday events would fire and probably some Saturday ones.

Smmenen
2007 Vintage World Champion
Adepts
Basic User

Smmenen
View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2014, 03:58:51 pm »

What about Vintage Premiere Events if they were scheduled for say 10amPT/12pmCT/1pmET? Wouldn't that allow people to sleep in and get up and battle Vintage or Legacy all day if they wanted and still be able to either go out at night or go to sleep appropriately? That also makes them more feasible for Euro community; correct? Am I missing a reason that wouldn't work if they were scheduled as such?

You are asking the wrong crowd.   You should be asking Wizards. 

KanaKaishou
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2014, 04:31:21 pm »

I think it has to do with other premieres--they (Wizards/Whoever runs MTGO) don't want to have infinite overlapping premiers, and since Vintage is the smallest community, they get the shaft, relatively speaking.
JACO
Full Members
Basic User

Don't be a meatball.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2014, 10:27:58 pm »

I'm asking other players who will be the ones playing if there's any other unforeseen events or circumstances I may not be thinking of, from their perspectives. The current structure all around is a bit foolish, and I have some ideas that would probably dramatically increase turnout. Wizards of the Coast can schedule tournaments any time they like, but I would like to have a consensus or support within the community that this is a feasible option before presenting ideas to them (yes, I know who to reach out to when the time is right).

Want to write about Vintage, Legacy, Modern, Type 4, or Commander/EDH? Eternal Central is looking for writers! Contact me. Follow me on Twitter @JMJACO. Follow Eternal Central on Twitter @EternalCentral.
Shock Wave
Adepts
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2014, 10:31:22 pm »

I'm asking other players who will be the ones playing if there's any other unforeseen events or circumstances I may not be thinking of, from their perspectives. The current structure all around is a bit foolish, and I have some ideas that would probably dramatically increase turnout. Wizards of the Coast can schedule tournaments any time they like, but I would like to have a consensus or support within the community that this is a feasible option before presenting ideas to them (yes, I know who to reach out to when the time is right).

It may be worth mentioning that there is not much overlap between the Vintage player base and other formats, so scheduling the Vintage premieres at the same time as other events should not really have much of an impact on the turnout for other events. It seems as though it would actually just increase the number of players across all events collectively.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." 
- Theodore Roosevelt
Hrishi
Basic User

hrishikesh29@gmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2014, 12:03:37 am »

I would have made this one (and probably quite a few others from the tri-state area) but it's worth noting that saturdays are often when RL Vintage events happen. I know on the 19th was the TDG event and did make it kinda awkward to be able to attend.

Lyna turned to the figure beside her. "They're gone. What now?"
"As ever," said Urza, "we wait."
desolutionist
Full Members
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2014, 01:25:59 pm »

Why don't we try to fire one this sunday?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 01:42:36 pm by desolutionist » Logged

Join the Vintage League!
thecrav
Basic User

Seems good.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2014, 03:48:15 pm »

Picked up my first third (by $$$) of a vintage deck last night. Hoping to be finished by the next PE!

Instead of tearing things down we should calmly explain our opinions.
FishyFellow
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2014, 10:22:47 pm »

There has been discussion on Classic Quarter regarding trying to fire the Saturday event.  I think V4 is impacting our potential player base, but people (myself included) are getting more comfortable with it, so I think we have a good chance of firing.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: