TheManaDrain.com
June 27, 2022, 06:28:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: The 2014 Eternal Weekend! $20,000+ in prizes! Philadelphia, PA! Oct. 24-26!  (Read 26293 times)
Smmenen
2007 Vintage World Champion
Adepts
Basic User

Smmenen
View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: October 04, 2014, 12:46:17 pm »

When do we get to see the photos of the prizes? Of the new Mox Pearl?

They're up on the Card Titan Eternal Weekend website.

As always, the scans never do the paintings justice.

Awesome!  I looked at that same page recently, and didn't see it.

Iron_Chef
Goddamned Champion
Adepts
Basic User

Managing Partner, Top Deck Games and CardTitan.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: October 04, 2014, 01:25:51 pm »

When do we get to see the photos of the prizes? Of the new Mox Pearl?

They're up on the Card Titan Eternal Weekend website.

As always, the scans never do the paintings justice.

Awesome!  I looked at that same page recently, and didn't see it.

Yup, I got the files from WotC yesterday, and didn't have the time to put them up until earlier today.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

"Originality is the fine art of remembering what you hear but forgetting where you heard it." -Laurence J. Peter

I'm that guy who runs that thing.
nedleeds
Tournament Organizers
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 05, 2014, 12:11:50 pm »

Is fallen empires legal for oldschool?

Depends on your local rules ... Eternal Central is hosting this and their particular flavor does allow it (I think the West Coast guys are also allowing it). Also we are kind of spamming Nicks thread with this Old School stuff.

http://www.eternalcentral.com/oldschool/
ErtaiAdept
Adepts
Basic User

cmasley1218
View Profile Email
« Reply #63 on: October 06, 2014, 09:47:30 am »

Is anyone else having difficulty with the pre-reg links?  They don't seem to be working for me.

Bill Copes bought me a beer after using the power of his mind to remove all the Bazaars and Serum Powders from my deck in two consecutive games.

Team TMD
"Dice have six sides for a reason.  There is no excitement in surety my friend."
nedleeds
Tournament Organizers
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 06, 2014, 11:11:18 am »

Just pre regged with no issues. Is it a playmat per event like last year?
ErtaiAdept
Adepts
Basic User

cmasley1218
View Profile Email
« Reply #65 on: October 07, 2014, 06:33:09 am »

Just pre regged with no issues. Is it a playmat per event like last year?

Cool, it looks like it was my work network blocking it.  I just did it from my phone.

Bill Copes bought me a beer after using the power of his mind to remove all the Bazaars and Serum Powders from my deck in two consecutive games.

Team TMD
"Dice have six sides for a reason.  There is no excitement in surety my friend."
Will
Veritas
Adepts
Basic User

Wmagzoo7
View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 07, 2014, 07:56:42 am »

Does the VIP upgrade include a VIP playmat done by Christopher Rush? The OP does not include it, but http://www.cardtitan.com/eternal_weekend does.

The artist formerly known as Wmagzoo7

"If one does not know to which port one is sailing, no wind is favorable" - Seneca
KrauserKrauser
Adepts
Basic User

DAT ART!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: October 09, 2014, 03:13:08 pm »

I pre-reged for the Eternal Weekend + VIP but there were a few things that had me confused.

It would be great if the options for pre-reg were discussed either on the main listing or more thoroughly in the pre-reg process.  I assumed that the Eternal Weekend package reged me for both events, but couldn't find something explicity saying such.  The pop-ups for both the VIP and non-VIP Eternal Weekend option didn't really cover exactly what you were signing up for when I last checked.

I expect VIP to be worth it for the weekend and look forward to seeing the Rush playmat (I don't think it has ben spoiled on FB yet, will check tonight)

Share your passion for the Art of Magic the Gathering!

www.originalmagicart.com
MrGlantz
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #68 on: October 09, 2014, 09:50:05 pm »

Haven't played magic in a long time due to moving and a new job that I'm still getting used to, but I'm super excited for this event. Pre registered and already scheduled for time off and everything. Can't wait for an exciting weekend!
mr.grim
The Colossus of Calamity
Basic User

N.Y.S.E. Open 2 Champion.

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 10, 2014, 08:26:39 am »

Just spent a $100 bucks, I ain't even mad!

Trembling tracks and clattering coaches,  THE BLOWOUT TRAIN is a rollin.

CHOO-CHOOO!
boggyb
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 10, 2014, 09:11:15 am »

So just to be 100% clear. . .
We can show up and pay for entree the day of. Pre-registration is not mandatory.
We should be there at 10? Or is 10 when it kicks off, and we should be there at like 9-9:30?

Just bumping this post -- anyone know for 100% sure what the answers to these questions are?
Prospero
Aequitas
Administrator
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 10, 2014, 09:59:10 am »

So just to be 100% clear. . .
We can show up and pay for entree the day of. Pre-registration is not mandatory.
We should be there at 10? Or is 10 when it kicks off, and we should be there at like 9-9:30?

Just bumping this post -- anyone know for 100% sure what the answers to these questions are?

You should follow up on Facebook. 

My understanding is that the event starts at 10, so you'd want to be there earlier.  Pre-registration, to my knowledge, is not mandatory.

That said, I just pre-registered for the VIP package.  Lunch delivery sealed the deal for me.

"Ill break my staff,
Bury it certain fathoms in the earth,
And deeper than did ever plummet sound
Ill drown my book."

The Return of Superman

Prospero's Art Collection
crom121
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #72 on: October 11, 2014, 12:26:59 am »

I'm assuming there will be no problem registering the morning of either event...? - or is pre -reg a mandatory thing?
Prospero
Aequitas
Administrator
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 16, 2014, 09:26:11 am »

I don't remember the last time I was this psyched for an event.  If you're on the fence about making the trip, you should go.  This was the best Vintage event in the U.S. last year, and I expect nothing less this year.

"Ill break my staff,
Bury it certain fathoms in the earth,
And deeper than did ever plummet sound
Ill drown my book."

The Return of Superman

Prospero's Art Collection
Klep
OMG I'M KLEP!
Administrator
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 16, 2014, 09:58:51 am »

It really is a great time.  It's the one time of the year where I get to see everybody and hang out.

So I suppose I should take The Fringe back out of my sig now...
HelloSamwise
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #75 on: October 18, 2014, 06:38:10 pm »

Are you Canadian and coming to Eternal Weekend?  PM me.  I would like to acquire Kinder Surprise.

"This creature is inadequate. Send it to the splicers for innovation."
TakeYourTime
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 21, 2014, 12:35:28 pm »

At Star City Games tournaments, round pairings are posted electronically via Twitter. I find this to be extremely helpful. Is there any chance that electronic postings can be made possible for Eternal Weekend? Even raw text within Card Titan's domain could work.

Allan Tran
Iron_Chef
Goddamned Champion
Adepts
Basic User

Managing Partner, Top Deck Games and CardTitan.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: October 21, 2014, 05:15:44 pm »

At Star City Games tournaments, round pairings are posted electronically via Twitter. I find this to be extremely helpful. Is there any chance that electronic postings can be made possible for Eternal Weekend? Even raw text within Card Titan's domain could work.

Yup, we post pairings to Twitter as well.  Follow @Card_Titan for that and other updates!

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

"Originality is the fine art of remembering what you hear but forgetting where you heard it." -Laurence J. Peter

I'm that guy who runs that thing.
Varal
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #78 on: October 21, 2014, 10:35:36 pm »

Are you Canadian and coming to Eternal Weekend?  PM me.  I would like to acquire Kinder Surprise.

I don't think it's legal to import them in the United States.
John Cox
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #79 on: October 21, 2014, 10:40:04 pm »

Wow, I just looked that up. Kinder surprise are indeed illegal in the U.S. due to 2012 FDA rulings.

Templar
Tournament Organizers
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #80 on: October 22, 2014, 02:31:11 pm »

Only a few more days to go!  Who's ready?

I would like to say it'd be nice if this weekend got mentioned on the mothership, though.  Sad
merfolkOTPT
Basic User

buddyhllyglasses
View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 22, 2014, 09:36:25 pm »

I am powered up and ready to GO!

Klep
OMG I'M KLEP!
Administrator
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 22, 2014, 11:38:00 pm »

Anybody else interested in checking out the David Lynch exhibit across the street from the venue at the Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts on Saturday?

Chubby Rain
Full Members
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #83 on: October 23, 2014, 03:27:51 am »

Wow, I just looked that up. Kinder surprise are indeed illegal in the U.S. due to 2012 FDA rulings.

From wiki:
In January 2011, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) threatened a Manitoba resident with a $300 (Canadian dollars) fine for carrying one egg across the U.S. border into Minnesota.[13] In June 2012, CBP held two Seattle men for two and a half hours after discovering six Kinder Surprise eggs in their car upon returning to the U.S. from a trip to Vancouver. According to one of the men detained, a border guard quoted the potential fine as US$2,500 per egg.[14]

Sorry, Sam. You'll have to content yourself with the ironically not illegal Wonderball.

"Why are we making bad decks? I mean, honestly, what is our reason for doing this?"

"Is this a Vintage deck or a Cube deck?" "Is it sad that you have to ask?"

"Is that a draft deck?" "Why do people keep asking that?"

Random conversations...
Klep
OMG I'M KLEP!
Administrator
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 24, 2014, 10:02:42 pm »

Well I'm checked into my hotel.  Ironically, despite getting a hotel across the street from the Convention Center, I'm still 3 blocks from the venue. Razz

Shax
Basic User

0TonyMontana0 =twittername add me!

Braveheart+Shax
View Profile Email
« Reply #85 on: October 25, 2014, 09:46:19 am »

Wheres the Legacy Champs streaming at?

Jesus Christ the King of Kings!

Vintage Changes: Unrestricted Ponder

Straight OG Ballin' shuffle em up tool cause you lookin' like mashed potatoes from my Tatergoyf. Hater whats a smurf? You lucksack? I OG. You make plays? I own deez. You win Tourneys? I buy locks. You double down? I triple up. Trojan Man? Latex. ClubGangster? I own it.Sexy mop? Wii U. Shax 4 President?
-Hypnotoa
cvarosky80
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 25, 2014, 01:02:56 pm »

http://www.twitch.tv/cardtitan
enderfall
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #87 on: October 25, 2014, 11:33:08 pm »

Are the Legacy results/decklists posted anywhere? Can't seem to find anything, even on the cardtitan website.
Demagoguery
Full Members
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #88 on: October 26, 2014, 12:20:47 am »

Are the Legacy results/decklists posted anywhere? Can't seem to find anything, even on the cardtitan website.
They are doing the top 8 tomorrow, as far as I remember it's 6 Delver lists, a Maverick deck, and a UB Helm-Tezz deck.

The last round was a lot of fun to watch, the UB Tezz player was super frazzled and made a lot of weird mistakes, including untapping the opponent's Delver on his own untap phase.

Choke
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #89 on: October 26, 2014, 04:23:37 am »

They are doing the top 8 tomorrow, as far as I remember it's 6 Delver lists, a Maverick deck, and a UB Helm-Tezz deck.

The last round was a lot of fun to watch, the UB Tezz player was super frazzled and made a lot of weird mistakes, including untapping the opponent's Delver on his own untap phase.

It's always funny to see the differences between European and American Legacy metagames. The last big Legacy tournament in Europe (Ovino, 450 players roughly) we had a 75 card Miracle Mirror, with the top 16 being basically Miracles, Deathblade and 2 or 3 combo decks, and now this with pretty much all Delver.......
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: