TheManaDrain.com
August 20, 2019, 03:26:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mapping of player base for the various weekend Magic Online Daily Event times  (Read 1798 times)
Uvatha
Basic User

View Profile Email
« on: September 29, 2014, 08:04:17 am »

Hi all,

To get more of the Daily Events firing again online we need to get back to a situation where people doesn't automatically assume that the events doesn't fire as this is a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I assume that the weekend slots are the most realistic goal so we could start by mapping the potential player base for each time slot. I have made a Doodle to map this. Please click 'Yes' for each time slot where you could play with the following in mind:

• You will be able attend more than approximately ~50% of the times in that time slot (nobody will check on you - just a rough guesstimate over several months)
  • Even if you only have the budget for 1 event per week please check all the times you will be able to attend regardless so we can see where we have critical mass
  • More than one 'Yes' is of course allowed

Here is a link to the Doodle:

http://doodle.com/cfiqrgt7dv9ppysu

Based on the findings we could agree on a course of action from there. Maybe assign a 'Chief Whip' for one or more time slots that mail/texts/ping people that can often play at that time just before the event starts. As not all would like to be spammed about pending events I have also included a field where people actively opt in if they are OK being contacted directly about events about to start. Once we get the ball rolling there will be no need to contact anybody as they events will fire regardless.

Please use your Magic Online user name so it is possible to check for bogus entries if needed and contact you if that is relevant at some time.

I hope you will support this initiative! Let's fire some events!

One last request: Please, don't let this thread degrade to endless discussion or explanation about why you will not play due to the how bad the client, Wizards, payout, time slots are or the looks of your foils in the client. Feedback and constructive criticism on how to interpret the data and move forward are more than welcome!
diophan
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2014, 12:05:03 pm »

So it looks like we already have a reasonable response, with the two Saturday afternoon events being the most popular by a small margin. I would love to get either of these to fire today.
thecrav
Basic User

Seems good.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2014, 05:48:38 pm »

Houston is having it's only one month a year cycle of beautiful weekends right now. I wanted to play but it was too perfect to be couped up inside! Expect to see me attempting to help fire these soon!

Instead of tearing things down we should calmly explain our opinions.
Uvatha
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2014, 02:08:44 am »

Enderfall is routing people to play in the weekend event at the 2:30pm EST events. I will unfortunately not be able to attend, but you who have filled out the Doodle and are able to play, please give him a hand!

And for those of you who have not yet filled it out, please spend the ~1 minute to fill it out.

Thanks!
enderfall
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2014, 09:58:09 am »

Yup, the 2:30pm EST DE's on Sat/Sunday look like the best bets to get people to play.

Please join the queues this weekend if you can!
thecrav
Basic User

Seems good.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2014, 05:07:30 pm »

I'm currently looking into how hard this would be: Would anyone be interested in a service that notifies you when there are people trying to fire a vintage event?

For example, when an 8 man or daily needs x more people (x defined by you) to fire and is within your specified time period you automatically get a text/email/tweet

Instead of tearing things down we should calmly explain our opinions.
enderfall
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2014, 07:32:01 pm »

I'm currently looking into how hard this would be: Would anyone be interested in a service that notifies you when there are people trying to fire a vintage event?

For example, when an 8 man or daily needs x more people (x defined by you) to fire and is within your specified time period you automatically get a text/email/tweet

That would be a wonderful feature for MTGO to implement themselves... they already have everyone's email address on file from when the registered. Alas, it's yet another failure for them to identify things that would make their product more appealing.

If you can figure out some way to make that happen, it would be a hit, not just for Vintage, but every format.
Uvatha
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2014, 06:11:38 am »

That would be a wonderful feature for MTGO to implement themselves... they already have everyone's email address on file from when the registered. Alas, it's yet another failure for them to identify things that would make their product more appealing.

If you can figure out some way to make that happen, it would be a hit, not just for Vintage, but every format.

+1 !!!

On a different note: I cannot play this weekend but are there anybody who could play that could try to fire the most relevant DE? No special skills needed besides PM'ing those on the Doodle list that have click'ed that time slot and are OK with being contacted.

Anyone?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: