TheManaDrain.com
February 20, 2019, 03:18:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MTGO Vintage Tournament: Bad Moon Rising 1.05 Thursday, November 6 at 830PM EST  (Read 2402 times)
dragzz
Basic User

=P

View Profile
« on: November 01, 2014, 01:19:17 am »

Shameless copy paste from the previous thread c/o enderfall.
It's free and it's fun! Time to test out those anti delver decks!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Details of the event can be found here: http://blippytheslug.wordpress.com/2014/07/11/bad-moon-rising-2/

Free to enter and you can win bot credits and Vintage Masters packs!

Make sure you come out for this event if you can. Due to lack of significant number of participants the last couple of times, the organizer is considering ending the event if more people don't show up. As is, the event is really good EV since there's only been about 12 people in the prior events!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mtgo: genpex
KrauserKrauser
Adepts
Basic User

DAT ART!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2014, 11:03:10 am »

I will try to make this.  Caught the bug again after Champs and I need some Vintage action.

Might try streaming my matches as well.

Share your passion for the Art of Magic the Gathering!

www.originalmagicart.com
MisterFoote
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2014, 12:29:00 pm »

I will likely be in attendance!
fsecco
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2014, 05:19:58 pm »

I probably won't make it this time due to work, but I'm here to say I love the event and will be playing it whenever possible.
thecrav
Basic User

Seems good.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2014, 08:41:20 pm »

Would if I could. Good luck to all involved!

Instead of tearing things down we should calmly explain our opinions.
Smmenen
2007 Vintage World Champion
Adepts
Basic User

Smmenen
View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2014, 08:48:12 pm »

Id like to play in this.  I can advertise for it too.

KrauserKrauser
Adepts
Basic User

DAT ART!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2014, 04:26:27 pm »

Looking forward to this.  Will try to drum up some support before the event.

Share your passion for the Art of Magic the Gathering!

www.originalmagicart.com
MisterFoote
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2014, 07:47:50 pm »

Bump for some more people.  Starting in just under 45 minutes.  Its a free vintage event.  If you have power on MTGO you should give this a shot!!
The Atog Lord
Administrator
Basic User

The+Atog+Lord
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2014, 07:54:43 pm »

I signed up!

The Academy: If I'm not dead, I have a Dragonlord Dromoka coming in 4 turns
KanaKaishou
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2014, 07:57:09 pm »

Would fire, but I won't be home by then.
diophan
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2014, 08:03:13 pm »

I should be grading midterms, but that's what between rounds is for, right?
diophan
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2014, 10:34:08 am »

Decklists/results: http://www.gatherling.com/eventreport.php?event=Bad%20Moon%20Rising%201.05

There are definitely some brews in there, presumably since the tournament was free to enter. After a brief glance it looks like 2/2 shops decks (both Martello?) did well. I really hope they reprint wasteland as a promo so we can see what shops unhindered by the cost of those cards can do in the online meta. The price of wasteland has gone down quite a bit in recent weeks, but $80 per wasteland is still a lot.
enderfall
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2014, 10:46:49 am »

Decklists/results: http://www.gatherling.com/eventreport.php?event=Bad%20Moon%20Rising%201.05

There are definitely some brews in there, presumably since the tournament was free to enter. After a brief glance it looks like 2/2 shops decks (both Martello?) did well. I really hope they reprint wasteland as a promo so we can see what shops unhindered by the cost of those cards can do in the online meta. The price of wasteland has gone down quite a bit in recent weeks, but $80 per wasteland is still a lot.

I don't want to deviate too far off topic, but Workshop decks are cheaper than nearly every single "Blue" deck on MTGO, even with the price of Wasteland. It's roughly the same price as Delver decks. The only real difference is most Legacy/Modern players already have the Delver shell. If Wasteland drops a lot, Workshop becomes a budget deck and that's actually a real problem, IMHO.

http://www.mtggoldfish.com/metagame/vintage#online
diophan
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2014, 12:14:59 pm »

I don't want to deviate too far off topic, but Workshop decks are cheaper than nearly every single "Blue" deck on MTGO, even with the price of Wasteland. It's roughly the same price as Delver decks. The only real difference is most Legacy/Modern players already have the Delver shell. If Wasteland drops a lot, Workshop becomes a budget deck and that's actually a real problem, IMHO.

The inclusion of misdirection, hurkyl's, and the misty rainforests over khans fetches bumps up the cost of delver by around 200 tix. Regardless, I really have no problem if shop decks become much cheaper, since the meta online has so little non-blue pillar representation. It would provide actual punishment for playing these hyper inbred decks.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 12:19:24 pm by diophan » Logged
enderfall
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2014, 12:54:30 pm »

The inclusion of misdirection, hurkyl's, and the misty rainforests over khans fetches bumps up the cost of delver by around 200 tix. Regardless, I really have no problem if shop decks become much cheaper, since the meta online has so little non-blue pillar representation. It would provide actual punishment for playing these hyper inbred decks.

Why would anyone playing Delver opt for Misty over other cheaper Blue fetches if cost is a real concern? You are never going to play Taiga or basic forest, so what does Misty matter over Delta or Strand? Hurkyls is probably the worst option for Delver lists to fight Workshop since you aren't a combo deck that can win on a single turn. Trygon, Claim, Chewer, Grudge, and Dack are your best tools. I'll concede Misdirection, but I've seen plenty of Delver lists win without it. It's purpose, so far as my experience has shown me, is only to fight of Decay on your Cages against Oath. I don't think Delver is concerned with BUG 1-for-1'ing their threats.
diophan
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2014, 01:03:29 pm »

Why would anyone playing Delver opt for Misty over other cheaper Blue fetches if cost is a real concern? You are never going to play Taiga or basic forest, so what does Misty matter over Delta or Strand? Hurkyls is probably the worst option for Delver lists to fight Workshop since you aren't a combo deck that can win on a single turn. Trygon, Claim, Chewer, Grudge, and Dack are your best tools. I'll concede Misdirection, but I've seen plenty of Delver lists win without it. It's purpose, so far as my experience has shown me, is only to fight of Decay on your Cages against Oath. I don't think Delver is concerned with BUG 1-for-1'ing their threats.

Sorry, let me clarify. In the mtggoldfish link you posted the price is for a list with misdirection, hurkyl's and misty rainforests. My point was that those particular cards, which are uncommon, weird, and completely unnecessary respectively, artificially inflates the price, so delver is much more "budget" than that 940 tix would lead one to believe.

By the way, misdirection is more useful than just against oath. It's good in the mirror and as Steve's VSL games showed us, misdirecting ancestral multiple times in a match Wink
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 01:08:10 pm by diophan » Logged
enderfall
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2014, 05:22:46 pm »

Sorry, let me clarify. In the mtggoldfish link you posted the price is for a list with misdirection, hurkyl's and misty rainforests. My point was that those particular cards, which are uncommon, weird, and completely unnecessary respectively, artificially inflates the price, so delver is much more "budget" than that 940 tix would lead one to believe.

By the way, misdirection is more useful than just against oath. It's good in the mirror and as Steve's VSL games showed us, misdirecting ancestral multiple times in a match Wink

Derp. I'm arguing against my own opinion. Sorry!

Also, few people are Misdirection master's like Smmenen Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: