TheManaDrain.com
January 21, 2020, 07:35:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: N.Y.S.E. Open III Giveaways  (Read 2212 times)
Prospero
Aequitas
Administrator
Basic User

View Profile
« on: November 17, 2014, 10:09:30 am »

One of the things that I enjoy most about the N.Y.S.E. Opens is the giveaways. 

The giveaways at the first N.Y.S.E. Open were nuts, in large part due to the price on power being significantly lower than it is now.  The giveaways at the second N.Y.S.E. Open were pared back significantly, but there was still some cool stuff given out.

I pick up things all year long with the intention of giving them away in June.  At the moment, I've got prints from RK Post, playmats from Christopher Rush, Mark Poole, and other big events that had sweet mats.

Other than that, and the altered Karns (which will be a staple at all N.Y.S.E. Opens), is there anything (affordable) that you guys would like to see given away at future events?  Is there something I'm missing? 

"Iíll break my staff,
Bury it certain fathoms in the earth,
And deeper than did ever plummet sound
Iíll drown my book."

The Return of Superman

Prospero's Art Collection
KrauserKrauser
Adepts
Basic User

DAT ART!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 11:03:08 am »

Cards are always an option, but maybe consider raiding etsy for ideas.

Mana symbol shot glasses

Custom Magic Flip Flops

Deathtouch, Lifelink, Trample & Shroud Shirt

Not a ton of winners on the site, but some of them might make a fun giveaway.

Share your passion for the Art of Magic the Gathering!

www.originalmagicart.com
boggyb
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 11:05:41 am »

For the nostalgia factor, you can't go wrong with buying some of those oversized 6x9 cards they used to have in card shops (Juzam, Lotus, Chaos Orb) and making something crafty out of them. Maybe make a deck box out of one? Or treat one (with laminate or some other material) to make it a playmat? Maybe fold and cut one into a wallet? That'd be pretty cool.
failtofind
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2014, 11:17:42 am »

Mox jewelry!  Or other cool old stuff like calendars, old tokens,.artist proofs etc
H
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2014, 12:31:22 pm »

Have Greg and Jackie make some stuff,  Wink

I'm sad though, because I don't think I can make it this year.  New job, new baby, and a wedding in need to fly in for in July (I don't think I can make two trips that close together).  For various reasons, I am hoping that last one falls through and I can make it up there for this.

That being said, I think I will be good to go to Eternal Weekend (I'll have paid time off by then).  Very Happy

"The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
óKaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order
Prospero
Aequitas
Administrator
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2014, 02:09:28 pm »

Also, welcome to the End Times:

"Iíll break my staff,
Bury it certain fathoms in the earth,
And deeper than did ever plummet sound
Iíll drown my book."

The Return of Superman

Prospero's Art Collection
ChronoExile
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2014, 02:28:13 pm »

Wait What!?!

I see they are all sold out, but is SCG actually moving them at these prices?

On topic I'd like to see a custom token/counter with N.Y.S.E. III and the date.  Or make a hat pin similar to how WotC used to do the top8 pins.
John Cox
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2014, 02:55:57 pm »

A wolf shirt.

Will
Veritas
Adepts
Basic User

Wmagzoo7
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2014, 03:00:58 pm »

Wait What!?!

Good thing Unlimited Loti can be bought on eBay for $2,500 still. Definitely not a good sign though for those saving up to get into the format.

On topic I'd like to see a custom token/counter with N.Y.S.E. III and the date.  Or make a hat pin similar to how WotC used to do the top8 pins.

Seconded. One of my favorite pieces of tournament memorabilia has always been this:

Something along these lines would be really really cool. I would imagine that you could probably get preorders to fund something like this if it were created.

The artist formerly known as Wmagzoo7

"If one does not know to which port one is sailing, no wind is favorable" - Seneca
thecrav
Basic User

Seems good.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2014, 09:12:32 pm »

Wait What!?!

Check their buy prices. They may not move much product at those high sell prices, but many argue that SCG's buy price sets the minimum sell price for everyone else. (Though those prices are only for NM)

Instead of tearing things down we should calmly explain our opinions.
Demagoguery
Full Members
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2014, 11:56:39 pm »

I like the token idea, but also even cheap cards that are cool would be nice. I mean I wouldn't be upset to get a playset of Ichorids or Oath of Druids, sure I might not need them, but they're fun cards to own that aren't too hard to trade.

Edit: I just had an idea, if you can get someone to alter some new cards to have old frames that would be amazing, although potentially expensive. I can just imagine it now, old frame Treasure Cruise and Dig Through Time, that would just be amazing, because I'm still hoping they print the Zen fetches as old frame Judge foils.

Man, now I really wish I bought that sleeve playable Lotus at the GP for 1.5k, the front looked ok but there was a weird imprint mark on the back.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 01:01:03 am by Demagoguery » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: