TheManaDrain.com
February 20, 2019, 07:40:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Mana Drain League Stream!  (Read 4697 times)
Space_Stormy
Basic User

Trinket Mage or bust!

View Profile Email
« on: June 02, 2015, 11:31:05 am »

So after going through things a few times, WhiteLotus has kicked my butt to make the streaming aspect finally get off the ground.  I have been messing with OBS for a couple days now and I think the overlay I had made should be sufficient for now and help everything look much more professional and much more watchable.  I will be streaming it off my own channel for this preliminary run but I have no problem making a one specific for this if everything runs smoothly.

It will be streamed here: www.twitch.tv/hammybone

Match will start 10est/7pst and will be WhiteLotus on Neo Academy and David Kaplan on Delver

I also don't have a second commentator since I haven't been able to get in contact with Kael Williams who showed interest but if all else fails I don't mind flying solo tonight.

I'll be in the chat 30 minutes early so if anyone wants to hang out before that I'll be there!

So, here's to the start of something big so I hope everyone who can show up does!

Tune in to coverage of The Mana Drain Vintage League! Sundays @ 9est/6pst: www.twitch.tv/hammybone
-Samuel Alaimo-
msg67183
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2015, 11:37:07 am »

So after going through things a few times, WhiteLotus has kicked my butt to make the streaming aspect finally get off the ground.  I have been messing with OBS for a couple days now and I think the overlay I had made should be sufficient for now and help everything look much more professional and much more watchable.  I will be streaming it off my own channel for this preliminary run but I have no problem making a one specific for this if everything runs smoothly.

It will be streamed here: www.twitch.tv/hammybone

Match will start 10est/7pst and will be WhiteLotus on Neo Academy and David Kaplan on Delver

I also don't have a second commentator since I haven't been able to get in contact with Kael Williams who showed interest but if all else fails I don't mind flying solo tonight.

I'll be in the chat 30 minutes early so if anyone wants to hang out before that I'll be there!

So, here's to the start of something big so I hope everyone who can show up does!

Will this be put on YouTube? Or actually Wappla should put links to videos on the Website!

Bloomsburg Tournaments:

1 Win
3 Finals
2 Top 4
2 Top 8

Outside Bloomsburg:

Winter Grudge Match lV Top 4

Creator of The Mana Drain Vintage League.

Website for The League:

http://tmdvl.github.io

Zombies ate your brains!
Space_Stormy
Basic User

Trinket Mage or bust!

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2015, 11:50:34 am »

I can record it as it streams so I can easily but it up on youtube after we finish!

Tune in to coverage of The Mana Drain Vintage League! Sundays @ 9est/6pst: www.twitch.tv/hammybone
-Samuel Alaimo-
msg67183
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2015, 12:11:16 pm »

I can record it as it streams so I can easily but it up on youtube after we finish!

Fantastic!

Do you know how to send Cockatrice recordings? I have all my matches so they can be put up for commentary.

Bloomsburg Tournaments:

1 Win
3 Finals
2 Top 4
2 Top 8

Outside Bloomsburg:

Winter Grudge Match lV Top 4

Creator of The Mana Drain Vintage League.

Website for The League:

http://tmdvl.github.io

Zombies ate your brains!
Space_Stormy
Basic User

Trinket Mage or bust!

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2015, 12:29:28 pm »

Fantastic!

Do you know how to send Cockatrice recordings? I have all my matches so they can be put up for commentary.

Well, I checked the program and it looks like recordings are just files that I am able to open so if you just email them to me I can see what I can get to work! (PMed you my email)

-Samuel Alaimo-
wappla
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2015, 01:07:05 pm »

nice, I'll add them to the site when they become available.

they'll be alongside the match reports, which I've pulled from these threads for each week's matches. Example for week 2
Space_Stormy
Basic User

Trinket Mage or bust!

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2015, 08:18:41 pm »

We are going to start pregame in 30 minutes! I am in chat right now if anyone wants to start discussion or just to say hello!

-Samuel Alaimo-
Space_Stormy
Basic User

Trinket Mage or bust!

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2015, 10:11:41 pm »

Thanks to everyone who showedup! Sorry for the sound problems I managed to fix them as soon as we went off the air... stupid setting put my mic at 0% so I was screaming into it and could barely be heard.  If you want me to upload the vid to youtube I can but it was a decent dress rehearsal and I now know what i need to do to have everything be good.

Next time will be 1000x better you have my promise!

Also stream vod if you want to check out production values. Looked pretty good if you mute it...

http://www.twitch.tv/hammybone/v/5746050
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 11:44:28 pm by Space_Stormy » Logged

-Samuel Alaimo-
Space_Stormy
Basic User

Trinket Mage or bust!

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2015, 10:51:02 pm »

Also is there a day were a majority of players have free? I was thinking Sunday night at 9-10 EST (6-9 PST) since a lot of people have the day off or a short day so we can have a few more matches so that if blowouts happen (Sorry WhiteLotus!) we still have a good amount of content for everyone! PM me or add to this thread so we can see what people are good for.

-Samuel Alaimo-
xouman
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2015, 03:14:19 am »

Thank you for sharing the videos! I already had read the report, but I enjoyed them nevertheless Very Happy Tbh, delver seems quite hard for neo-academy...
Space_Stormy
Basic User

Trinket Mage or bust!

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2015, 11:25:14 pm »

Hello everyone! With luck we should have another stream tomorrow of Matthew Gottshall (msg67183) versus WhiteLotus!  The timing is TBD but we should know early tomorrow so it won't be last minute. 

Also, is anyone else in the league still need to play their game? Would be good to get more people into the stream! Feel free to PM me here on TMD or email me at: samuel.alaimo AT gmail DOT com

Stream link: www.twitch.tv/hammybone

-Samuel Alaimo-
Prospector
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2015, 04:20:57 pm »

Thanks for streaming this, and for making vod so that those not able to see it live can catch-up.
Space_Stormy
Basic User

Trinket Mage or bust!

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2015, 05:45:07 pm »

Good news! We will be having the match at 10est/7pst tonight! Make sure to tune in at 9:30est/6:30pst for pregame between Kael and myself.  Hope to see everyone there!

-Samuel Alaimo-
Space_Stormy
Basic User

Trinket Mage or bust!

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2015, 08:16:06 pm »

Good news! We will be having the match at 10est/7pst tonight! Make sure to tune in at 9:30est/6:30pst for pregame between Kael and myself.  Hope to see everyone there!

Pregame starts in 15 minutes and matches start in 45!

-Samuel Alaimo-
Stormanimagus
Basic User

maestrosmith55
View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2015, 10:16:04 pm »

Yay! We finally got it set up. I'd love to be a commentator for the next round of trying this! Would be nice if we could get in 2 or more matches at once so people can tune in in a wider range of time and see some Vintage!

-Storm

"To light a candle is to cast a shadow. . ."

—Ursula K. Leguin
Space_Stormy
Basic User

Trinket Mage or bust!

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2015, 12:45:22 am »

Thank you everyone who was able to make it to the stream tonight!!!  Sorry for the delayed start but the match was extremely exciting tonight and for anyone who missed it make sure to watch it here:  http://www.twitch.tv/hammybone/v/5930558?t=54m01s  Pregame started after 10 minutes in so if you want to watch that as well, feel free to but the twitch vod is placed at exactly when the match started.

Youtube video should be posted soon and I am most likely cutting out the pregame since there was about a 20 min gap between it ending and the match starting.

Thanks everyone again!

-Samuel Alaimo-
xouman
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2015, 02:57:25 am »

Sometimes it sucks to be european! I connected a couple of times this weekend, but it was too late for me to connect yesterday for the match...
Space_Stormy
Basic User

Trinket Mage or bust!

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2015, 03:12:45 am »

Sometimes it sucks to be european! I connected a couple of times this weekend, but it was too late for me to connect yesterday for the match...

Oh yea that stinks.  Stream was on at 4am for you! Don't worry the vods capture everything so you aren't missing  too much!  Thanks again for the support!

-Samuel Alaimo-
Space_Stormy
Basic User

Trinket Mage or bust!

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2015, 04:08:35 pm »

I have taken the liberty of uploading the Twitch stream on to YouTube for everyone who has trouble with Twitch.tv vods!  I edited it to just include the match since we had some downtime between the pregame.  I am VERY new to YouTube so if it is messed up at all I apologize.  Thanks again for all the support from everyone! Stream gets better every time and it is thanks to everyone!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ajd60MddtRY

-Samuel Alaimo-
Stormanimagus
Basic User

maestrosmith55
View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2015, 03:08:15 pm »

@Space Stormy

Brian and I were going to do our match soon on trice if you'd like to try to set up a stream. Let me know!

-Storm

"To light a candle is to cast a shadow. . ."

—Ursula K. Leguin
Space_Stormy
Basic User

Trinket Mage or bust!

View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2015, 04:03:38 pm »

@Space Stormy

Brian and I were going to do our match soon on trice if you'd like to try to set up a stream. Let me know!

-Storm

Sounds good! So sorry everyone for the super short notice but in an hour, 6est/3pst we will be streaming a quick match but no worries if people miss it, I will make sure to put it on Youtube!

www.twitch.tv/hammybone

-Samuel Alaimo-
Space_Stormy
Basic User

Trinket Mage or bust!

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2015, 07:07:29 pm »

@Space Stormy

-Storm

Sounds good! So sorry everyone for the super short notice but in an hour, 6est/3pst we will be streaming a quick match but no worries if people miss it, I will make sure to put it on Youtube!

www.twitch.tv/hammybone

Watch the youtube link here! --> https://youtu.be/Y7iBT9gdxMk

Also! Reminder: we are having R7 streamed on Sunday at 10est/7pst where we will have 2 matches! So tune in!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 07:18:20 pm by Space_Stormy » Logged

-Samuel Alaimo-
wappla
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2015, 08:15:14 pm »

the videos can also be found on the weekly results page i.e. http://tmdvl.github.io/Weeks/6/

thanks for taking the time to stream!
brianpk80
2015 Vintage World Champion
Adepts
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2015, 08:28:06 pm »

I wrote a few notes about the match here.  The commentators had some questions that I hoped to address: http://www.themanadrain.com/index.php?topic=47741.msg663557#msg663557

-BPK

"It seems like a normal Monk deck with all the normal Monk cards.  And then the clouds divide...  something is revealed in the skies."
Space_Stormy
Basic User

Trinket Mage or bust!

View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2015, 04:30:09 pm »

It is Sunday so that means another TMDVL stream!  Tonight we will be having two matches!

Brian Kelly (5-1) vs Matthew Gottshall (4-2)

and

WhiteLotus (5-1) vs Wappla (1-5)

Tune in at 10est/7pst for games! www.twitch.tv/hammybone

-Samuel Alaimo-
Space_Stormy
Basic User

Trinket Mage or bust!

View Profile Email
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2015, 03:02:03 am »

Was a really exciting stream! Was nice to get two matches in and hopefully we can get more in next week.  The time slot of Sundays 10est/7pst I think we are going to keep for now but it is subject to change.  Sorry for taking so long on the YouTube link but I was having trouble splitting the video from the steam and just had to settle for time stamps in the description.  So everyone please enjoy week 7 of The Mana Drain Vintage League and make sure to tune in this Sunday for more exciting matches!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmP7Osae0a8

-Samuel Alaimo-
Space_Stormy
Basic User

Trinket Mage or bust!

View Profile Email
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2015, 06:39:10 pm »

Hello everyone! Tomorrow is once again Sunday so that means another stream is in order!  I am still getting in contact with people but we have at the very least Wappla vs James Saltsman and Dave Kaplan vs Brian Kelly.  With luck we are going to get 3 if not 4 matches so stay tuned for a packed show this weekend!  If any of the players wish to contact me for interest in being on the show, please feel free to on either here, twitter (@hammyboney) Facebook (Samuel Alaimo from San Diego) Cockatrice, I'll be on all day today and tommrow (Hammybone) or on Skype (smashingcrashing) so we can make this week ever better than the last!

Bracket for Week 8:

Matthew Gottshall vs Stormanimagus
Tom Dixon   vs White Lotus
Dave Kaplan vs Brian Kelly *
MaximumCDawg vs Sean Ottaway
Wappla vs James Saltsman *

So tune in, 10est/7pst at www.twitch.tv/hammybone!

-Samuel Alaimo-
Space_Stormy
Basic User

Trinket Mage or bust!

View Profile Email
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2015, 05:21:15 pm »

Hello everyone! Tomorrow is once again Sunday so that means another stream is in order!  I am still getting in contact with people but we have at the very least Wappla vs James Saltsman and Dave Kaplan vs Brian Kelly.  With luck we are going to get 3 if not 4 matches so stay tuned for a packed show this weekend!  If any of the players wish to contact me for interest in being on the show, please feel free to on either here, twitter (@hammyboney) Facebook (Samuel Alaimo from San Diego) Cockatrice, I'll be on all day today and tommrow (Hammybone) or on Skype (smashingcrashing) so we can make this week ever better than the last!

Bracket for Week 8:

Matthew Gottshall vs Stormanimagus
Tom Dixon   vs White Lotus
Dave Kaplan vs Brian Kelly *
MaximumCDawg vs Sean Ottaway
Wappla vs James Saltsman *

So tune in, 10est/7pst at www.twitch.tv/hammybone!

Looks like tonight is going to be, in order:

1.) Dave Kaplan vs Brian Kelly
2.) Wappla vs James Saltsman

Hope to see everyone there!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 05:29:47 pm by Space_Stormy » Logged

-Samuel Alaimo-
brianpk80
2015 Vintage World Champion
Adepts
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2015, 05:59:11 am »

Thanks for the commitment and effort put into making the viewing experience.  I listened to the commentary after the match and found it mostly on point.  I don't know if I was really lucky at all since I did have to mulligan game 1 into a hand with Grudge but no red source and Mental Misstep which, unless the random Sol Ring appears, makes it an effective mull 5.   Not exactly Turn 1 Jace/Ancestral.  Smile  In the midgame, I probably could have equipped the Golem earlier but since I didn't memorize David's decklist I wasn't sure if he had Dismember or maindeck Duplicant which would have been a total blowout.  The time I activated Dack and chose to discard Gush rather than Repeal was because 1. my mana would be tied up equipping Batterskull, 2. I didn't have any lands I needed to protect from Wasteland, 3. there was a Golem in play taxing Gush, 4. I'd be looking for a Business Spell and Repeal itself is a business spell.  The library wasn't depleted of anti-Shop cards though, as there was still Fire//Ice, Izzet Charm, Snapcaster Mage, 2 Jaces and 2 Ojutais left, plus the Digs to find them.  The hand I kept g2 was on the slow side but it had 3 lands, 2 being fetchlands, removal for Chalice 0, and a Stoneforge Mystic which is fully operational through Thorns.  It's tempting to think "I should mull this and aim for the jackpot" but in reality, on mull 6 you begin to get into ugly territory of 1 landers, no-landers, off color Moxen, hands that die miserably to Chalice 0, and hands that do absolutely nothing if you have to pitch your blue business spell to Force.  Healthy mana base, removal for Chalice, cantrip, and SfM is a safer bet.  

As for Karakas, it's not wonderful because Lord Ojutai is clever and patient and he will not attack without regard for his own safety.  In the case of Armored Dragon, if there is danger he will stand sentinel until he has his Armor on, as the Batterskull protects him from nearly everything, including Maze of Ith, Dismember, Duplicant, and Karakas.  Conveniently, the reason this ends up coming to fruition is because a 5/4 flying Hexproof blocker deters a lot of attacks and buys the time needed to assemble the kill.  

Stoneforge Mystic has always been strong against Shop (and Fish).  It does not negate their entire gameplan, but it diminishes a big chunk of it (Thorns, Chalice 0 and 1, Lodestone Golem, Tangle Wire, Manlands) very efficiently, such that you can delegate management of the threats outside her scope to Jace, Dack, removal, Chewers, and counterspells.  It's less threatening to blue decks than Mentor but for serious Vintage threats, both SfM and Monastery Mentor are outclassed by the urgency of Doomsday, Oath of Druids, Tendrils, Time Vault, and Academy based decks.  No one should have an abundant amount of SfMs or Monastery Mentors in their deck post-sideboard against such archetypes.  But for the Shops match, SfM more consistently gets there unlike Monastery Mentor, who wins more when you've already won.  

"It seems like a normal Monk deck with all the normal Monk cards.  And then the clouds divide...  something is revealed in the skies."
xouman
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2015, 06:35:34 am »

So,who won? :p

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: