TheManaDrain.com
February 25, 2020, 01:55:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Speed of a concession  (Read 1713 times)
John Cox
Basic User

View Profile Email
« on: October 25, 2015, 09:08:33 pm »

So its game two at a paper tournament and my opponent is playing MS paint. He mills me and I concede (-I don't want him to see the stuff I brought in against him).
He argues he should get to see my deck because he milled me and I had no way of stopping it.
Is my only out to call a judge and say that the mill was on the stack and unresolved? Or is a concession straight up faster than the stack?

The Atog Lord
Administrator
Basic User

The+Atog+Lord
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2015, 09:12:00 pm »

You can concede at any time. You do not need priority. Your opponent cannot expect to look at your graveyard once you have conceded.

The Academy: If I'm not dead, I have a Dragonlord Dromoka coming in 4 turns
thecrav
Basic User

Seems good.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2015, 09:43:44 pm »

You can concede at any time. You do not need priority. Your opponent cannot expect to look at your graveyard once you have conceded.

To further confirm, actual rule:

104.3a A player can concede the game at any time. A player who concedes loses the game immediately.

Instead of tearing things down we should calmly explain our opinions.
John Cox
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2015, 10:53:42 pm »

perfect.

jimmycolorado
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2015, 07:26:11 am »

Yeah, concessions don't use the stack or anything, so it's not like the opponent can respond to it haha
TheWhiteDragon
Basic User

ericdm69@hotmail.com MrMiller2033 ericdm696969
View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2015, 06:47:38 pm »

"I respond to your concession by casting your time walk during my slaver turn.  You MUST stay a turn longer."
"Umm, no, I'm leaving now."
"But you have no response to time walk! It resolves. Read the rules!"
"You read the rules.  I concede as an instant; time walk is a sorcery.  GG."
"Damn, okay.  Peace out."

"I know to whom I owe the most loyalty, and I see him in the mirror every day." - Starke of Rath
psly4mne
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2015, 07:46:04 pm »

"You read the rules.  I concede as an instant; time walk is a sorcery.  GG."
Well, no, conceding is not done "as an instant" and it has nothing to do with time walk being a sorcery. You can concede at ANY time and the game is over as soon as you say you are conceding.
jimmycolorado
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2015, 08:07:15 pm »

Well, no, conceding is not done "as an instant" and it has nothing to do with time walk being a sorcery. You can concede at ANY time and the game is over as soon as you say you are conceding.

Soooooo you're saying conceding is an interrupt?  Very Happy
Nefarias
Full Members
Basic User

NefariasAndy
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2015, 08:47:43 am »

To elaborate even further, you can even concede in the middle of something resolving. For example, after your opponent has named a card with Cabal Therapy but before you reveal your hand, after you've drawn 2 cards from Bazaar but before you've discarded, etc. In your example, if for some reason you wanted your opponent to know some amount of your deck but not all, you can even concede after Grindstone has milled half your deck.

Team GG's

Quote from: Young Jeezy
This will be the realest shit you ever quote
boggyb
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2015, 10:26:21 am »

If you Probe someone and they reveal their hand, can they scoop it up and concede before giving you an opportunity to write it down?
If you mill someone out with Grindstone and they then concede, are you supposed to be able to give a look through the library before the next game?
If you Mindslaver someone and ask to see their sideboard, can they concede before showing it to you?

Basically, what's the "speed of information" with respect to a concession? In all of these cases, you're just asking to review publicly known information before closing the game. Not sure what you are entitled to.
TheWhiteDragon
Basic User

ericdm69@hotmail.com MrMiller2033 ericdm696969
View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2015, 11:16:50 am »

If you concede, the game is over on the spot.  The opponent gets to see nothing more unless you decide to let them.  It's as if your opponent were never sitting across from you and there's no deck to be seen.

"I know to whom I owe the most loyalty, and I see him in the mirror every day." - Starke of Rath
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: