TheManaDrain.com
February 15, 2019, 11:16:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [OGW] Eldrazi Mimic  (Read 835 times)
serracollector
Basic User

serracollector@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« on: January 04, 2016, 01:49:18 pm »

I remember MaskNought being a deck for a while.  Could this do something for that deck?  Or StifleNought?
Drop one of these turn 1, turn two drop Dreadnought, swing for 12? 

Obv not a super common hand but you could go turn 1 Eye of Ugin, drop 2 of these, turn two play a land and Phyrexian Dreadnought, and swing for 24  Very Happy

B/R discussions are not allowed outside of Vintage Issues, and that includes signatures.
MaximumCDawg
Full Members
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 02:13:49 pm »

We've got lots of ways to abuse our friend the Dreadnought, and none see play nowadays:
Stifle
Vision Charm
Varloz, the Scar-Striped
Trickbind
Illusionary Mask
Torpor Orb
Renegade Doppleganger

etc etc etc

Mimic seems like a slight upgrade to Renegade Doppleganger, which is nice, but hardly untested waters.  I vote no.
PETER FLUGZEUG
Full Members
Basic User

New Ease

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 02:30:32 pm »

Yeah, that would be consistently inconsistent. The problem is that it's a 2 card combo just like defrosting marit lage, is countered by mental misstep instead of uncounterable (thespian's stage) as well as being hit by every creature removal in the format in response to the trigger. On the other hand, when it works you get a 12/12 with no abilities instead of a 20/20 flying indestructible! The only upside is that repeal would cost 2U instead of U to bounce the contraption.

Hm. I doubt it will make it.

I will be playing four of these.  I'll worry about the deck later.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: