TheManaDrain.com
February 15, 2019, 10:41:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MTGO: Containment Priest and Grafdigger's Cage bugged  (Read 3283 times)
Chubby Rain
Full Members
Basic User

View Profile Email
« on: January 29, 2016, 03:48:37 pm »

For those looking for a deck to play in tomorrow's MTGO Power 9 event, Oath of Druids now seems like a fantastic choice. The most recent update has caused a rather serious bug: Containment Priest and Grafdigger's Cage no longer work correctly, at least against Oath of Druids. Ironically, this was probably the result of them trying to fix a previous issue with Containment Priest and Oath.

Containment Priest no longer exiles itself when it is put on the battlefield without being cast.

Well, they succeeded: Priest no longer exiles itself...

Proof: http://imgur.com/a/PmW99

Edit: Unfortunately, we didn't get to test against Dredge...
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 03:51:33 pm by Chubby Rain » Logged

"Why are we making bad decks? I mean, honestly, what is our reason for doing this?"

"Is this a Vintage deck or a Cube deck?" "Is it sad that you have to ask?"

"Is that a draft deck?" "Why do people keep asking that?"

Random conversations...
diophan
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 03:56:01 pm »

On the contrary, I'd say rather than being ironic that's exactly the sort of bug fix I'd expect from WOTC Razz

After clearing my schedule, unfortunately this means that unless they can fix it by the tournament I probably won't play. I either need to cheat/abuse a bug or get crushed by oath.
Chubby Rain
Full Members
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2016, 03:59:20 pm »

Luckily, the Oath mirror is known to be one of the most enjoyable and skill-intensive mirrors in Vintage. As is the Dredge mirror.

"Why are we making bad decks? I mean, honestly, what is our reason for doing this?"

Random conversations...
diophan
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2016, 04:02:47 pm »

At least not knowing whether spirit tokens have flying or not will create an interesting dynamic.
Hrishi
Basic User

hrishikesh29@gmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2016, 04:09:59 pm »

At least not knowing whether spirit tokens have flying or not will create an interesting dynamic.

I had so many opponents in the practice room spend like a minute trying to block my flying demon until I informed them that the tokens don't actually fly.

Lyna turned to the figure beside her. "They're gone. What now?"
"As ever," said Urza, "we wait."
GalacticHitchHiker
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2016, 04:10:58 pm »

I knew about the flying tokens, this is just a whole new level of ridiculous.
Chubby Rain
Full Members
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2016, 04:21:10 pm »

I knew about the flying tokens, this is just a whole new level of ridiculous.

Tell me about it...I had to file for reimbursement in the 3-0 bracket of a Daily 2 weeks ago because I managed to trigger my opponent's Oathes (yes, plural), and my first Oath trigger popped up a Priest that exiled itself. The second Oath trigger popped up a Snapcaster Mage that was also exiled, presumably by own exiled Priest. It was one of the most convoluted and frankly awesome games I had in a long time, ended abruptly by an absurd bug.

Random conversations...
diophan
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2016, 04:25:37 pm »

What the odds that anyone at WOTC knows what regression testing is, or has ever taken a software engineer course for that matter?
vaughnbros
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2016, 04:50:18 pm »

What the odds that anyone at WOTC knows what regression testing is, or has ever taken a software engineer course for that matter?

Taken the class or actually done well in it?  If I were a bookie I'd set the line at 1:1000000 that anyone on staff had an A from a reputable university.
GalacticHitchHiker
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2016, 05:14:33 pm »

Well, if they were good at their job they'd be working somewhere better than WotC.
desolutionist
Full Members
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2016, 05:20:55 pm »

Just jam Leyline of Sanctity. Oath can't deal with that card anyway.

Join the Vintage League!
Chubby Rain
Full Members
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2016, 05:30:45 pm »

Just jam Leyline of Sanctity. Oath can't deal with that card anyway.

That's assuming Leyline works as intended...

Random conversations...
matori
Basic User

McLovin

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2016, 05:56:40 pm »

Confirming Cage bug in case of Dredge as well. Ichorid, Bloodghast, Narcomeba, all are entering battlefield like Cage is not there. However it i snot possible to play Dread Return or Therapy form GY.
GalacticHitchHiker
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2016, 09:43:54 pm »

So they've somehow managed to break the code that prevents creatures from entering the battlefield without being cast? I can only imagine the mess if the Power 9 Challenge happens with this bug still in place.
desolutionist
Full Members
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2016, 10:27:40 pm »

For what its worth, Dredge/Oath had the same place in the meta before those cards were printed as they do now. (After the cards were printed)

Join the Vintage League!
thecrav
Basic User

Seems good.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2016, 11:24:14 pm »

Quote from: Worth on Reddit
We are aware, working on a fix now as this one is obviously a big deal for the P9 event scheduled for tomorrow. News soon. A reminder that you can always follow @magiconline on twitter for up to the minute news on stuff like this, or ask an Orc in game.
[link]

Interesting that he simultaneously acknowledges that this is a big deal for the P9 event while not even implying the possibility that the fix will be released in time.

If it's not fixed and you play one of those cards and you run into the bug a single time, you can file for comp and will most likely get it... so if it's not fixed and you don't want to play Oath/Dredge, you can free roll the event as long as you play against Dredge or Oath

Instead of tearing things down we should calmly explain our opinions.
diophan
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2016, 09:53:15 am »

Should be fixed:

https://twitter.com/mtgworth/status/693320818084843520

Banisher priest is supposed to be containment priest. I'm happy they proved they can quickly roll out a bug fix, unlike for certain PTQs in the past. Thank you everyone who pointed this out.
evouga
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2016, 05:08:40 pm »

So Orchard tokens say "Flying" on them. Do they actually fly on MTGO (ie, is it a bug in the text being displayed for the token, or a bug in the Orchard implementation)?

Obviously this is a big deal as I do not want random tokens blocking my Griselbrand.
Chubby Rain
Full Members
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2016, 05:12:59 pm »

So Orchard tokens say "Flying" on them. Do they actually fly on MTGO (ie, is it a bug in the text being displayed for the token, or a bug in the Orchard implementation)?

Obviously this is a big deal as I do not want random tokens blocking my Griselbrand.

Display issue only.

Random conversations...
GalacticHitchHiker
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2016, 05:29:44 pm »

Orchard still functions correctly, the tokens just have the wrong image. This leads to several minutes of people trying to declare blockers before giving up.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: