TheManaDrain.com
February 15, 2019, 10:41:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [SOI] Trail of Evidence  (Read 1388 times)
gkraigher
Full Members
Basic User

View Profile
« on: March 17, 2016, 03:07:06 pm »

I can see this being playing as a sideboard card in combo vs other blue lists.  With Tolarian Academy, the clues are basically adding mana, and you can sacrifice them to draw a card if you stall out.  Not great, but interesting, and this is the hardest push of the "clue" design printed on any card yet. 
xouman
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2016, 03:40:41 pm »

And clues are permanents, something that sometimes matters (tangles, stax...). Master of Etherium could have place in a deck with this also :p
vaughnbros
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2016, 03:55:40 pm »

And clues are permanents, something that sometimes matters (tangles, stax...). Master of Etherium could have place in a deck with this also :p

They are artifacts
xouman
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2016, 05:54:03 pm »

They are artifacts

Yes, that is why I say they interact with tangle, smokestack and master of etherium. Of course I'm not saying to play them all (master was a bad suggestion and tangle/stax do currently not belong to a deck playing other blue creatures than metatmorpth), but they were just examples. Tolarian on the other hand seems more interesting. Welder can also benefit, and there could pop more ideas.

I find attractive the idea of creating artifact drawing tokens, but I don't think they would be competitive. If they do (in standard likely), this card is interesting:

Daring Sleuth 1U
Creature - Human Rogue
When you sacrifice a Clue, transform Daring Sleuth.
2/1

Bearer of Overwhelming Truths
Creature - Human Wizard
Prowess (Whenever you cast a noncreature spell, this creature gets +1/+1 until end of turn.)
Whenever Bearer of Overwhelming Truths deals combat damage to a player, investigate. (Put a colorless Clue artifact token onto the battlefield with "2, Sacrifice this artifact: Draw a card.")
3/2

A 3/2 creature with prowess that creates drawing tokens could be played if it costed  {1} {U}. The original card is not playable by any means, and at this point I really doubt any will be vintage playable.
Aaron Patten
Basic User

Mox Dragon of the Lotus

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2016, 06:14:25 pm »

Could work with:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqvKjsIxT_8

University is just another one of those pyramid schemes like chain letters, the Freemason Society, Scientology, and... hmm... what's that really famous one? Oh yeah, Capitalism.
vaughnbros
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2016, 07:19:05 pm »

Is investigating better than making a 1/1 prowess?
gkraigher
Full Members
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2016, 07:41:37 pm »

Is investigating better than making a 1/1 prowess?

Probably not, but is another blue card better than playing white and exposing your mana base? 
thecrav
Basic User

Seems good.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2016, 11:36:23 pm »

The fact that these boost Tolarian Academy has been pointed out. The fact that it's good against Tangle Wire and Smokestack has also been pointed out. Just wanted to point out that the Tolarian thing is relevant against Shops as well.

This is probably bad but I want to play some kind of Blue Affinity deck with Master of Etherium, Cranial Plating, Arcbound Ravager.

Unfortunately, it looks like all the non-Planeswalker ways to animate artifacts do so by making power and toughness = CMC. Maybe do some kind of combo with lots of clues, animate them all, kill your opponent with Disciple of the Vault!

Probably overkill but Tezzeret, The Seeker's Ultimate has no problems with Pyromancer/Monk tokens once you've made a bunch of clues.

Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas' ultimate, which only takes 1 activation to get to, becomes potentially lethal with all these clues, too.

Instead of tearing things down we should calmly explain our opinions.
Ten-Ten
Basic User

Shalom Aleichem

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2016, 01:47:28 am »

This is a 3cmc card that does nothing. Needs instants/sorceries to give you a "clue" artifact that does nothing unless you spend even more mana just to draw one card.
 4+ mana you spend on instant/sorcery to draw one card If you even sac the clue. So, no.
As a SB card? Wasted space. Just use dedicated hate. Against stax/tangle wire, will you be able to cast enough instant /sorceries for it to matter?
Why are we trying to close the game with Tezz and this instead of time vault combo?

I tried liking this card but it doesn't really do anything exciting or remotely cute. I wish it did.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 01:51:02 am by Ten-Ten » Logged

Colossians 2:2,3
 That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, both of the Father, and of Christ; In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.
Aaron Patten
Basic User

Mox Dragon of the Lotus

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2016, 11:41:29 am »

It creates a stronger interaction between Tolarian Academy and gush.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqvKjsIxT_8

University is just another one of those pyramid schemes like chain letters, the Freemason Society, Scientology, and... hmm... what's that really famous one? Oh yeah, Capitalism.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: