TheManaDrain.com
April 24, 2019, 05:51:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 32
  Print  
Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 204582 times)
Ruboonia
Basic User

Duck Online Tournament #1 Champion

View Profile
« on: January 27, 2004, 05:11:55 pm »

Instead of everyone posting their own thread about themselves, I thought it would be a good idea to combine all of the threads into one.  In this thread, tell us a little bit about yourself, so the community can get a better understanding of the people behind the usernames.

A little about me:

Magic history - I have been playing Magic for around eight or nine years, starting with Ice Age.  I stopped playing Type II at GenCon 2002 after winning a 70-person tournament.  The tournament was so boring and watered down that I swore never to play Type II again!  That year, I also Top 8'ed once or twice in the Type I tournaments at GenCon with Team Showercap's version of 4 Color Keeper.  At GenCon 2003, I top 8'ed once with Stax and placed 13th at the Type I World Championships with Showercap...just missing the t8 by one point.  GenCon tournaments are really the only big tournaments I've been to.  I am ranked in the top 5 in my state for Vintage.  I have just recently started playing again and am working on a few decks at the moment that may surprise some people.

My Username on the old TMD and BD was Ruboonia, and I am known around the internet as Ruboonia or Mr. Ruboonia.  I used to trade and post on MOTL often, but my trading slowed after I collected most every playable card in the format.

I am a member of Team Showercap, which includes Milton, herby, and myself.  We used to be known to wear showercaps to tournaments.

I played basketball and football, but I stopped competing in those sports to devote myself to running.  Running is really my passion, and was probably the reason I gave up Magic for almost a year.  I was addicted to Vanilla Coke, but I stopped drinking it almost two years ago.  Horray!

Now that you know a little about me, I would be thrilled to learn a little more about you.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 02:42:10 pm by Ruboonia » Logged
Puschkin
Basic User

177198164 puschit@hotmail.com
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2004, 05:27:25 pm »

Yeah, like in the old forums, okay? If you want, include your ICQ number, AIM handle and so on.

I'll make this sticky.

Defiant Vanguard against the Phyrexian Invasion

"I cast Raise Dead, targetting Puschkin"
Dr. Sylvan
TMD Oracle and Uber-Melvin
Adepts
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2004, 05:59:03 pm »

My name is Philip Stanton and I am addicted to Magic: the Gathering. *phew* Now that that's done with...

I'm a full-time Political Science student at the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign (this is my second semester now).

I don't make it to many tournaments because I'm lazy and without a car, but I playtest with my roommates and a couple of friends to avoid speaking entirely out of my ass on these forums. A kid told me the basic rules of Magic on the bus in fourth grade, and then the next year another kid gave me exactly twenty-eight spare cards (c. 1996) from which I started my now Type 1-caliber collection. Found TMD in September, and it's never been the same since.

MadManiac21
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2004, 07:19:10 pm »

"You're addicted to.... You call that an Addiction? I use to suck dick for coke!"~Bob Saget, Half Baked

I too am addiced to this wonderfully magical game. The amount of imagination and fun it encompases is insurmountable. Sometimes with school in the way I am not able to nurture my love for it as much as I would want to, but sacrifices must be made. Taking on a strenuous AP course schedule during my junior year will hopefully help me later in life.... hopefully.... As of late I've gotten back to my true addiction, mainly due to going to Waterbury and having an awsome time (You all love the Honey BBQ Chicken wings!). It's to the point where I randomly walk over to my magical bag of cards, take out a deck, and just goldfish for hours at a time. Hence, my studies are beginning to suffer...but whatever.

I first picked up the game almost 10 years ago (back in like 1st or 2nd grade) I had a *slightly* spoiled friend who had the resources to give me an entire red deck so he had someone to play against. Those were the days of bog imps and unholy strength beats. Lots of fun. That was how I was introduced into the game. I then played on and off for about 6 years, never putting in much money too it (I was like 7 years old! I still ran around outside for fun!). I took a two year hiatus to return to learn that all of my friends who I had taught/introduced the game to had kept playing, gotten better, and accumulated more cards. I now had some cash and went out ebaying for stuff and perfecting my playing skills.

I also have a love for the game of tennis, as I play 5-7 days a week. I also compete in USTA junior tournaments more often than I get to go to magical ones (not always my choice). This, along with my studies, has forced me to drop video games out of the picture for a time being (WHAT??!?!!? I can't play FFX and FFX-2 for 10 hours a day!!! NOOOOOOO). That was a sad day when I put my ps2 in the closet. Put it's back out again. Thank god. It's so much fun to go back and play my 100+ hr campaigns in ff8 and ff7.

Anyways, I am now a proud member of Team Hadley (4L) and I have a great time playing magic all over NE. The guys are great and we have plenty of laughs, along with kicking some ass along the way. I also hope to contribute more to these forums than I did in the old ones, as I always felt behind the times. Now that everyone has a fresh start, it feels much easier to hop back in and write.

Team Hadley: ALL YOUR MOX ARE BELONG TO US
Red Sox: 2004 AND 2007 World Series Champs!
I pray to Tom Brady.
xrizzo
Basic User

xrizzo
View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2004, 07:41:41 pm »

Hi,

My name is Tim, I grew up in southern California and graduated from UCLA with a degree in Electrical Engineering.  (Magna Cum Laude even)

I work near Manhattan Beach in an embedded software group.  I have plans to attend graduate school in the next couple years for any number of degrees including an MBA, JD, or MS.  My wife is in law school right now.

I have been playing magic since beta/unlimited.  (took a break during college like many others, but am back now)  The only format I have ever played other than T1 is a draft format with some coworkers for 3 months during Odyssey block.  (I had a lot of time back then)  I have always perferred the format "where you can use all your cards" because my time needs to fluctuate.  I am not always available to playtest and tune decks, but when I have some free time, I love to play games on end...

Anyway, I have lots of other hobbys involving sports, travel, and entertainment stuff, but feel free to PM/IM if you are interested in playing or chatting about stuff...

AIM: xrizzo
emial: tfrank at ucla dot edu

TWL - all top 8's, no talk.
"If the pilgrims landed in Los Angeles, the east coast would still be uninhabited."
FŽanor
Basic User

sonsoffinwe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2004, 08:06:04 pm »

YO YO YO...I guess ill post my info here;

The name's TIKI, but you can call me by my TMD name or my real name Tyler, which no one calls me because its not as cool as my nickname...
(Tell your friends, I packed Moat, Mana Drain, and Workshop in packs for 30$, off cape....just a little boasting Very Happy)

Been at the game since Tempest/5th, c.1997. And boy did I waste a shitload of $ on 5th edition crap (three necro later...). An old frnd I still keep in touch with, taught me how to play back around Visions, but I never really got into it until '97 hit and I got time to play. So Ive been playing for 6-7 years and I still have no power. But that doesnt make me sad, because I care less than most people about such things. Im here for the game, and since I dont like any constructed format but vintage T1 (and all the other sites are crap), I joined TMD, just before the crash, to get involved in the T1 community more. I used to play a mean Elfball...yes it won, and yes it really was kickass. These days Ive got two decks in progress and otherwise I stick to the wonderful art of drafting. I play a Future Sight Build and an Ankh Sligh deck, both of which have recieved much feedback, and Im grateful for Zherbus for opening me up to the resources.

As for my life. I'm pretty boring. No addictions.....that I know about... (Jon Stewart). Everything that I liked is gone: X-Files, Tool, the older and better recipee of animal crackers...mmm, hippies, sqwerel fanclubs, new episodes of Family Guy, damn Jewish comedians...but whatever.

Im a lefty, and I got a guitar which I havent changed the strings on in over four months so whenever I play, it sounds like a Jeff Beck solo. You got music I havent heard, give it to me, I love it all.

I play down on the Cape in Massachusetts (in the US for the Todaies oversea). I regularly play with Rob the Swordsman...and Sytupal, as well as a number of other brainburst members. Catch you in the Newb...

peace all Cool

**Team Bolt**-_-The best damn team ever to walk the earth, since the last team that came before it

USB!
Harry Lime
Basic User

danthemitchell
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2004, 09:57:25 pm »

Howdy,

My name is Dan, and I'm a student at the University of Rochester in New York (Junior Year), where I'm studying Film and Medieval Literature, which is sure to land me a great job at Walmart sometime in the future. Outside of the school year, I live in New Jersey, in a small town just outside of Princeton.

As far as Magic related stuff goes, I first entered the game with Revised, and have played on and off since then, though I haven't been up to much with the game for the past year or so until recently, when I found a new group to play with, which has renewed by enthusiasm for the game.

I've didn't play by DCI regulations outside of tournaments for a long time (as far as rotating sets and stuff goes), which I guess made me something of a vintage player by default, but I've gotten more interested in the format as my friends and I have aquired some of the more powerful cards and built stronger decks, which has made incorporating the restricted list in our group essential.

My favorite set is Visions, which has a few "pet" cards that I enjoy playing with, and the Ice Age block is probably my favorite block. My favorite period of Magic would be Ice Age/Alliances format and early Mirage, which I think was the beginning of "modern" Magic as far as mechanics and game play goes, though it certainly wasn't as complicated as things are now. I was an avid Dojo reader for a long time, which is the last Magic related site that I spent any considerable amount of time on (I posted a few decklists and wrote an article or two).

Other things about me...I watch a ton of movies, both for school and for personal enjoyment. I read a bit too, but mostly old Enlgish stuff. I play DnD (2nd edition) and L5R also, though not with as great frequency as Magic.
StasisMage
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2004, 10:00:19 pm »

Well Might as well say hi. So Hi Im from Washington state and Ive been playing magic since Ice Age wich is also about the time I started to play Dungeons and Dragons. Im currently in college working on a degree in physics or Cinema (I still have yetto make my mind up on which oh well.....) I stopped playing around Onslaught I didnt much care for the block that and I joined the Army shortly after that was short lived (I got hurt). I want to try and start going to T1 tournments instead of just drafting (yeah I like to draft but its just not as fun without my deck). If you cant tell from ym name Im an avid control player and my prefered method is to use stasis. I got into playing control was that everyone around me played aggro decks or just net decked (I was quickly able to acuire the stuff for my first good stasis deck).

I dont belong to any teams or anything like that although I do belong to a club at my college and we play most table top games mostly RPGs a few magic players and a few Warhammer players. Granted Im in a new area so my metagame has changed but I dont think its to much diffrent then before.  I also have just started to work on getting my self the P9
Sabre
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2004, 10:45:11 pm »

Well every one i guess introductiona are in order, My name is Evan and i live in BC Canada. i have my very own igloo Wink lol, ummm i am an avid golfer and paintabll player( the best sport known to man today).  I am currently in grade 11 2nd semester.  I guess i started playing magic around about 2 weeks after tempest came out.  I started with a precon and it kinda shyrocketed from there until beginning of grade 9, when i stopped playing for almost 2 years. but i have recently started again, and want to get into the T1 type gaming, then realising i had no money it treid, somewhat unsuccsessfully i might add to top powered decks with decks that no has ever heard of.  My friend bryn is probably thebest magic player i have ever seen and if he had the money to get p9 as well as some other cards, i would say he would be within the top 8 in the world( then again, i havent seen any of them play)  Umm... i have msn so gimme a shout if you wanna talk or maybe discuss some paint ball/magic stratagies.  I still try to make decks that you do hear of too often, though i am in the process of making an unpowered slaver that isnt very original Embarassed well that about it
peace
EchoBoy
Basic User

XxEchoBoyxX
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2004, 11:52:33 am »

Name: Andrew Oliva
Location: Norton, MA (Southeastern MA for all of you who don't know)
Typical decks: Any form of control with blue as the base color

I've been playing since 1999, where I bought a 5th starter and some Urza's Legacy Packs. My first deck was Lifeline + Ghitu Slinger, which is where I got the nickname Echo Boy. It was used in the sentence by a random at my store: "Hey, it's that Echo Kid!" but eventually it was changed to Echo Boy and it stuck.

I havn't actually been playing competitively long, but I have been playing half of magic's life. Just recently have I decided to pursue T1 and finally make a name for myself. I'm in 10th grade, and have no job. I trade for/buy with birthday money etc. for all my cards. I have about 15 duals, 4 Mana Drains, all the staple easy to get stuff like FoW and Blood Moon, and a Library of Alexandria I recently picked up uber cheap and uber mint. Basically all I really want to do is hang with all the big names from TMD and see my name on a tourney report some day.

AIM: XxEchoBoyxX
E-Mail: XxEchoBoyxX@aol.com

I'm a member of the not even close to known Team Budget. We have about 5 members that actually play T1, check my signature for the website. We recently have moved away from budget however, I acquired my Drains and LoA, our Sligh player got the full power and now plays Survival Mask, and our ancient tomb tnt player recently got bazaars and is pursuing oshawa/gprish builds.

I like to help people make decks so feel free to IM me and I'll help you out. I havn't been on this website very long (About a year and a half) but I can assure you I know enough about the meta to help you out. If only I could stop playing in 5 proxies and finally get some power.... ::ponder::

Team Budget:Losing to the best since '99
Frost
Basic User

tke972sparky
View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2004, 03:32:23 pm »

My name is Jon and I am from Minneapolis, Minnesota.  I have been playing Magic since Legends came out.  I try to keep up on all formats but my first love is Type 1.  I am usually running combo or aggro-control, go little fishy, go.  But occasionally like to smash face with Juggernauts or Dreadnoughts.

I regularily play at Dreamers and The Source, the two biggest places to play in the Twin Cities.  If anyone here finds themselves in the Twin Cities and is looking to play Magic check these places out.

Outside of Magic I spent three years in banking before I decided to up and quit to go to law school.  I like all outdoor activites; hockey, skiing, snowmobiling, all those fun things to do when the temperature is 10 below zero.

If anyone wants to reach me I am on AIM under tke972sparky.

That Damn Good!
RoadTrippin
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2004, 05:52:18 pm »

My name's John too, and I've been playing since aroundTempest. I learned when I was going to a summer camp, oddly enough because one of my friends was a big player at the time, and a girl wanted him to teach her (not one of those grody girls you see playing nowadays either). I of course had to go get some cards and learn how to play fast, so I went to Borders that evening. I bought this fruity precontructed deck called "the Sparkler" because it was all they had left.. sigh. I was about to walk out with my big gay pile of a counterburn deck, when the girl walks in! We hung out for a little while, but didn't play cards  Wink
But now I'm 16 and a High School student. I don't go to nearly enough power tourneys despite my kickass location Magic-wise, but I'm getting my license soon so that should be under control.
Feanor goes to my store as well, and TMD members Robert theSwordsman and Syuptal work there. I work as a lifeguard, and also like track, cross country, swimming, and mountain biking.
As far as cards go, I own
4 Bazaars, which I traded for at a total of about $60
1 Mox Jet, which I got a pretty bad deal for off MOTL
1 Collector's Edition Mox Jet  Razz which I think I'll try to sell to Doomhed so he can rip someone off.. not!
2 Mana Drains
1 Library of Alexandria

I'm kind of looking to sell the Drains and Library, as I really only enjoy various combo decks. I'd really like to build Neo-Academy.
?ISuck@MTG?
Basic User

Blood00Dealer666
View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2004, 08:06:56 pm »

I'm Eric Glover, I live in the boring-ass suburb of Sylvania, OH. As for T1, I don't get out to many tournies and I own no power (Damn). I play a lot of decks on apprentice but play in no online leagues, my real T1 deck is my budget Sui, which is pretty much shunned by the Tier 1 decks Sad. I am 16 and am a Sophmore in highschool, taking college courses sucks too Sad

Aim: Blood00Dealer666
Lord_Drazinus
Basic User

XXvDrazvXX
View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2004, 08:37:00 pm »

The name is Craig. I only recently started getting into T1 a lot. I evolved from really bad mana flare, shivan dragon, fires type deck to r/g beats, to ghetto TnT andn ow to Oshawa(sound familiar? read echoboy's reply) As far as non-magic: Dance dance Revolut, Halo, Paintballing, playing the drums, and starting to get into web design(see the site in my sig? I made it.) I'm a sophmore in Highschool and am into the horror movie genre, I just finished out my collection of "Halloween", my favorite horror movie series, and am now working on nightmare on elm street...Oh yeah, my greatest accomplishment: Going on the Superman rollercoaster 5 times in 20 minutes at Six Flags: New England...season pass+rain=hella fun

Quote from: Magi
This thread should be retitled "Who has the bigger MTG penis"

The Man Code
Robert the Swordsman
Basic User

See you later, sunshine.

RobtheSwordsman
View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2004, 08:45:12 pm »

My name is Rob... go figure.

I'm 17 and am a senior in highschool on Cape Cod in Massachusetts, USA; I'll be going out to UC Santa Barbara for college where I plan to get into animation. I currently work at The Gathering, a game store that does Magic and Warhammer and all that such.

I started playing Magic a week before Alliances came out, played and bought cards up through about Stronghold, and afterwards bought absolutely no new cards until Onslaught came out, though I still did play.

Up until about a year and a half ago, I was playing with a mighty one-hundred-twenty card U/G deck, honing such powerhouses as Force of Nature, Hungry Mist, Deep Spawn, and Giant Shark.

Big stuff = you win, duh.

After Onslaught came out, I started getting into real competitive Vintage; the first real deck I played was mono-green land destruction; four Ice Storms, Thermokarsts, Winter's Grasps, and a couple of Creeping Molds, four Disks and some Treetop Villages for the win. It was a really cool deck and I won a few local tournaments with it.

Right now, I'm in limbo when in comes to decks. Aggro is probably my favorite type of deck, and it was pretty inspiring to see all these big green aggro decks start to rise from the shadows, so we'll see.

Other hobbies I have are collecting swords (my favorite being a shirasaya katana) and swinging 'em around in the backyard, drawing, and playing Armored Core. On a side note, Armored Core is the best thing that has ever happened to the Earth. Better than food, water, and sleep combined. Best thing ever.

AIM: RobtheSwordsman

EDIT: My alias doesn't really come from me happening to like swords; it comes from me knowing that I should be carrying one around all day to slay evil with.

I'm sorry, Miss Nanako. Looks like I won't be able to take you to the beach like I promised.
Jawman16
Basic User

jawman16
View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2004, 09:33:31 pm »

Hi.  My name is Jeff Wilson and I've been playing this lovely game since revised.  I am a full time student at the University of Akron where I am majoring in Business.  I plan on going to law school after I graduate.  My father is a lawyer so I guess it runs in the family.
I am an avid runner and I am training for the CVS Marathon in Cleveland on April 25 of this year.  It is mild misery but it is worth it.  
I first started playiong a WW deck with the pump knights and Serra Angels boosted with Divine Transformations.  Old School  Very Happy.  It did pretty good among my friends but I never played in a tournament until early 2003.  I played a U/W control deck that went 2/2.  I was pretty happy considering it was my first tourney.  I've been hooked to tourney play since then and am always trying to find the latest tech.  Besides that I enjoy all kinds of music and art of any kind.
-Jefff
shilleagh
Basic User

shilleagh@hotmail.com solarcyclone
View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2004, 10:20:52 pm »

Well, letsee.

My name's Bryan, I'm 18, and I live in Ontario Canada, where the beer is cold and the girls are pretty. I've been playing Magic since revised, and aside from a hiatus I took from Masques Block through to Odyssey block (a large gap, but no one I knew from the area was still playing). I generally don't get much sunlight as I am usually either playing Magic (either with cards or digitally) or spending countless hours and money on MMORPGS like Everquest and Star Wars: Galaxies. The first deck I ever played was a really jank G/W control deck (this was when 4th was brand new). It had all the white tricks (StP, Serra Angel, Wrath, Armageddon) and I splashed green for fun stuff like fog, berserk, sylvan library and the simply ridiculous (at the time) Ernham Djinn. I'm still thankful I held on to my cardboard crack (gotta love booster-pulled Bazaars and a LoA).

you can, if you wish, email me (or add me to MSN) at Shilleagh@hotmail.com.

-B-

Yes, I am canadian. I do come from the land where the beer is cold and the girls are pretty.
jeremyc_1999
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2004, 12:58:06 am »

Hey Guys,
  My name is Jeremy.  I started playing magic after the release of planeshift.  My mentor showed my moxes and I started playing T1.  I am 23 years old and I am in construction.  I work about 60 hours a week and play magic about 20 more.  I am addicted to this game.  I have gone through 3 complete sets of power, but have never played stax/tnt/mud.  I am currently playing nether void (full black bordered and foiled - Lotus.)  I play in montana where a 1690 rating will get you ranked in the top 20 in the state.  I travel a lot to denver, salt lake city, boise, and seattle to play good players.  My metagame is usually scrub/control and I can usually rule with parifait.  Still.  I have only seen 2 decks with workshops in Montana, and we have lots of tournaments with moxes and libraries for prizes.  I like to be the devil's advicate and argue points.  I play T2 only because if I played T1 I would never play.  If your from Montana drop me a line.
Diddler
Basic User

tdh503@mail.usask.ca
View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2004, 12:10:54 pm »

I'm Trent Hamilton from Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada (is that a mouthfull?).  I finished my Engineering Physics degree two years ago; I've been working on a Master's in Physics since then.

I started playing Magic near the beginning of Revised (1994).  My first pack of cards had a Serra Angel and a Vesuvan Doppelganger!  All the cards in that pack were horribly off-centered (towards the upper portion of the card).  I kept those cards for many years but got rid of them during my "non-playing" days...  If any of you guys have the Doppelganger, I'd be interested in buying it (if I saw scans, I'd recognize it).  My first memorable deck was merfolk.  To this day I still haven't updated it, it has all the Fallen Empires 'folk and Pearl Trident to boot.  I don't think that would cut it nowadays.  

I sell cards on eBay regularly (Bo_Diddler) and have made several trades on MOTL (BranJuan).  I very much enjoy the trading and collecting aspect of Magic as I was a sports card collector for many years.  At the peak of my collection I had 8 of the P10, 40 dual lands, 4 Mana Drains, Moats, The Abysses, and plenty of other goodies.  Now I'm down to a Beta Mox Jet and Black Lotus, and a few other cards to make a sui deck (and plenty of left over money from selling).

I'm getting married this summer!  My fiance and I have been dating for 5 years and living together for 3...  We both thought it was about time to "get hitched".  I also have a one year old shih-tzu/poodle named Riley. What a great friend and companion, I don't know what I'd do without him.

I enjoy playing basketball and tennis, working out, wall climbing, playing PS2, watching movies and Star Trek (original and TNG), playing Magic, and sleeping.

I recently found out about Apprentice.  You can find me there under various names (depending on my location):  Trent, Diddler, Bo_Diddle (I think the name got cut off).  Add me to your MSN (tdh503@mail.usask.ca) if you like to play T1 through Apprentice.
Petko
Basic User

andrew_petkovics@hotmail.com PhoenixPetkovics
View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2004, 01:41:51 pm »

Cool

Well, my real name is Andrew Petkovics, but everyone just calls me Petko... or Frenchie.

That being said, I'm obviously French-Canadian. So I have the 'Frenchness' on my mom's side of the family and the Hungarian-German mix on my dad's.

I like to think of Magic as a nice little passtime (and a rather expensive one to boot), but my real passion is for the piano. I took lessons for only a very limited time when I was a child and quite ironically, I really didn't enjoy it. I stopped taking lessons and went into violin around six years later.

Again, I grew tired of it (especially the relentless tuning) and was never really good at it anyway. However, I became quite fond of the piano again. In fact, when I was takign violin lessons, I spent more time tinkering on the piano than playing the actual violin itself! Once my mom found out I was going to violin class solely for the piano, she took me out and bought me a small little keyboard. I did what I can with that but it was really limiting my desire to strive. It was only until a bit more than two years ago where my parents finally bought a piano (although digital, it's still good! Very Happy).

In that short time I excelled to the point I am today. I'm usually practicing four to five hours a day, although on occassion when I'm loaded with enough caffeine, I'll plug in my head phones and play throughout the night.

If any of you want some good recommendations on good pieces of classical music, I'm your man! My favourite composers are Rachmaninoff, Debussy, Chopin, and above all, Liszt!

Different name, same Frenchie!

<3 Toad
mouth
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2004, 02:23:34 pm »

I was born in 1876 in London, England to a young prostitute and a Russian aristocrat with a fetish for spanking. Tragically, both my parents died in an airplane crash in 1882, long before manned flight had been discovered.

I've been playing Magic since 1902, long before you were ever born, so just stfuplz, kggthx.

In conclusion, I'm a student from Western Canada, where we have very limited Vintage events, been playing since revised, have duals, etc.
pail
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2004, 01:46:46 am »

My name is Frank, I live in Evergreen Park, Il (RIGHT outside of Chicago) but am originally from Chicago.  I'm 18 years old and am currently a senior at good ol' Evergreen Park Community High School (Go Mustangs! HAHAHA!!!).  I have been addicted to Magic since the summer of 1996.  Other things I'm addicted to include cigarettes, Vampire: The Masquerade(LARP), street racing, cars, women, and computers.  However, next to my lovely nicotine, the cardboard crack that is Magic is my biggest addiction right now.

Anyways, there isn't much of a tournament scene on the south side of Chicago.  A few small places, but few regularly sanctioned events.  If I cared enough about my DCI rating, I would play sanctioned events every Friday, but I'm not driving 45+ minutes to do so.  Also, in doing so, I would have to go to the North side of Chicago (can ya tell that there is just a *bit* of hatred towards the north side of chicago in me? Evil or Very Mad ).  Thats about it.  Balls.
Pest
Basic User

Doomtrain01010
View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2004, 02:31:58 pm »

Hello, My name is Paul. And I am the Mac-daddy of the MTG community. I live in East Providence, RI, and I am 15. My AIM is Doomtrain01010 and my E-mail is fatman101@cox.net.

I've been playing since October of 2002. My deck of choice right now is Gay/r and I love it. If you would like to trade or talk, feel free to PM me or something.

Team UCB-sweeping Paragons with Sui since 2004
SpencerForHire
Adepts
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2004, 02:41:29 pm »

My names Spence Hayes.
Born in 1986, started magic in 1993.. yes playing since I was 7.  My cousin got me started that year I started picking up cards in 1994.
I live in Michigan in the small town of Clawson where the meta consists of 3 powered decks and the most rogue you've ever seen.

My big problem (which I always complain about locally) is that I could have a full set of power.  If I would have been one of those kids who mommy and daddy bought everything for.. But nah.. Well.. Its all good, good things come to those who diserve. We'll see what the future has in store.

Team Technology - Strictly better than our previous name.
Rane
Basic User

ranevski@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2004, 07:27:38 pm »

Yeh, been playin this kickass game for 7 years now.  Born and live in Sydney, Australia.  I'm 17 years old, in final year of school - can't wait till Uni, so much better that high school.  Favourite colour in MtG was, is, and always will be Red.  Gogo Lightning Bolt Wink.  Pet deck is Sligh, although I play any aggro out there and Keeper.  I started to make Long.dec till it got nerfed, so back to Sligh with Keeper in the background.  Part from Mtg I play Basketball for goin on like 12 years now dam, best sport there is.  Also play other great games such as Counter-Strike (When will Half-Life 2 come out dammit?!) Perfect Dark, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Capcom vs SNK 2 (any and all SF), Frozen Throne, Starcraft, Team Fortress Classic, Diablo 2... you name a good game I play it Wink.  I'm also known for my incredibly bad luck.  By bad I mean absoulty unbelievably terribly and mean luck I mean it's like God is out to get me lol.  Ask anyone who knows me.  - I play Sligh:  They make Chalice and Trinisphere - is just a minor example.  I'm the type of guy who if someone fires a gun through the air over the sea to salute a fallen soldier, that bullet lands on my foot in Australia.

So yeh see ya round the boards.

Team Bolt

I intend to live forever.  So far so good.
defector
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2004, 08:41:24 pm »

Hello,
My name is Tom.  I've been playing since revised, though I've bought back in time to some extent.  I live in Minneaplis, MN and play occasionally at Dreamer's and Monster Den.  I'm on the southside coffee shop circuit, 19th/Nicollet-24th/Nicollet.  I'm always up for a game with new people.  I can be contacted via e-mail at nels1354@hotmail.com.  Finished a philo degree and still haven't written a best seller yet, but I do have a Stax deck that's mostly together.
defector

I play fair symmetrical cards.
Mage of Dreams
Basic User

mageofdreams
View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2004, 11:20:25 pm »

Hey,
I'm Shawn, a young 39 yr. old who's been playing M:TG since Ice Age. My wife and son both play and my two daughters (8 and 7) are starting to learn.

I'm currently a truck driver and own a print shop, hopefully within a year (we're putting together the funding now) I'll be opening a card shop out here and give the West Coast T1 scene a shot in the arm. Being on the road Sunday thru Thursday makes posting a little hard as I can't keep current on threads ::SIGH::

I'm fully powered and play T1 almost exclusively these days, though I do like the occasional FNM at a local shop with some friends of mine. My favorite decks are Keeper, Suicide, WMud.

I use Magic WorkStation for online play and can be found in the irc room under MagicDad and yahoo as mageofdreams and am always up for a game.

Team:Got Mana? Innovators of FUBAR.DEC

Proud supporters of Magic WorkStation.

Jesus loves you, but the rest of us think you're an asshole.
everythingitouchdies
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2004, 01:02:57 pm »

My name is Benjermin Perry and I live in Michigan, I have been playing since Revised before the dark was released. I quit magic once around the release of homelands, and failed to get back in until mercadian masques.

I currently devote my play to a small type 1 tournament in Garden City Michigan every monday, and am slowly evolving a second stable tournament in my immediate area. I was once an extended player primarily, but as time has gone on I have found my niche in type 1.

I play primarily black based decks, constantly toying with Nether Void variants. My new obsession is Dragon, which is really my first all out combo deck.

I have been reading the mana drain for a while, but I never really cound myself wanting to say anything as I was still very new to the format. I am now a year in to serious type 1 play and I feel that I am capable of contributing to its general discussion.

I now see that my brief introduction is not so brief, so I will cut myself short and offer my email address: everythingitouchdies@yahoo.com

Ben
BouncingBeeble
Basic User

i_ll_uminati@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2004, 07:52:48 pm »

Hey everybody,

I'm Michael Whyte and from Edmonton AB, up in good ol' Canada. I have only been playing competitively for the past year and a half (or so) with two JSS qualifiers and a PTQ top 8, but have been playing very casually since around tempest. I specialize in constructed but attend a few casual drafts with friends. I am currently in high school and enjoy the fine game of DDR outside of mtg.

Not so Sincerely,

Me.
Sirena
Basic User

LaSirenaBlanca
View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2004, 04:36:38 pm »

My name is Confesor Davila.

I am within a year of being a graduate school student at Wake Forest. my majors are Humanities, Economics, and Political Science. I currently live in San Antonio, Texas. I began playing Type I shortly after attending Nationals: 2003, where I traded every surplus standard card I had before rotation to obtain duals, moxes, Workshops. I have numerous top eights including South Regionals 2003.

My first deck in vintage was Rector Trix, which I do go back to when my Workshop based decks get hated out.

I've been a player since Ice Age.

I am nineteen years old.

Sirena.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 32
  Print  

Jump to: