TheManaDrain.com
August 19, 2019, 01:21:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Linked Events
  • Awesome MTG Tournament: May 08, 2010
  • Philly Open 6 - T1, T2, Legacy: May 08, 2010 - May 09, 2010
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: PHILLY OPEN 6 - May 8th and 9th - Over $5k in prizes for T2, T1, and Legacy!  (Read 4031 times)
Prospero
Aequitas
Administrator
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2010, 11:33:46 pm »

not saying any names but one of them can salsa...

Not that it means anything. Prospero can stomp the yard like none other. I'm shaking in my girly salsa boots.

Nick C. can we make this an official side event? Anyone wanna spin the 1's and 2's for the Philly Open?

In case you're unaware, my German ancestry comes through on this one.  I can't dance.  Beyond that, the only yards that my ancestors stomped in belonged to defeated Frenchmen.

"I値l break my staff,
Bury it certain fathoms in the earth,
And deeper than did ever plummet sound
I値l drown my book."

The Return of Superman

Prospero's Art Collection
Therubecube
Basic User

Showmeaction1664
View Profile Email
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2010, 12:05:20 am »

not saying any names but one of them can salsa...

Not that it means anything. Prospero can stomp the yard like none other. I'm shaking in my girly salsa boots.

Nick C. can we make this an official side event? Anyone wanna spin the 1's and 2's for the Philly Open?

In case you're unaware, my German ancestry comes through on this one.  I can't dance.  Beyond that, the only yards that my ancestors stomped in belonged to defeated Frenchmen.

I'm not talking about ancestors here, this is present yard stomping. I think you can probably dance a little bit just need to get some of James Hangley's magical potion in you.

N.Y.S.E.
Prospero
Aequitas
Administrator
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2010, 12:13:01 am »

Only the Russians can defeat me.  And I'll kill almost all of them in the process.

I will conquer the rest of the world.

"I値l break my staff,
I値l drown my book."

The Return of Superman

oshkoshhaitsyosh
Adepts
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2010, 04:51:58 pm »

I can only make the Legacy event on Sunday....gayyyyyyyyy owell I will be taking home first on that one

Team Josh Potucek
Iron_Chef
Goddamned Champion
Adepts
Basic User

Managing Partner, Top Deck Games and CardTitan.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2010, 11:26:00 am »

updated prize structure.

I can now let you know that I am giving away a one of a kind, completely unique Grim Visions playmat, drawn by Keith Seals.  Keith is a long time Vintage player in the PA/NJ/NY area, and has recently started customizing playmats, and was awesome enough to offer one to the person who takes down the vintage portion of the Philly Open!  Keith also customizes playmats upon request, just send him a PM on here, he is Mr. Grim on TMD.

-Nick

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please." -Mark Twain

"Originality is the fine art of remembering what you hear but forgetting where you heard it." -Laurence J. Peter

I'm that guy who runs that thing.
Therubecube
Basic User

Showmeaction1664
View Profile Email
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2010, 09:57:32 pm »

updated prize structure.

I can now let you know that I am giving away a one of a kind, completely unique Grim Visions playmat, drawn by Keith Seals.  Keith is a long time Vintage player in the PA/NJ/NY area, and has recently started customizing playmats, and was awesome enough to offer one to the person who takes down the vintage portion of the Philly Open!  Keith also customizes playmats upon request, just send him a PM on here, he is Mr. Grim on TMD.

-Nick

When I scrolled down slowly I thought it was going to say "updated prize structure, the prize structure is now altered to include a trophy for the vintage dance off winner"

N.Y.S.E.
ashiXIII
Basic User

ashiXIII@hotmail.com ashiXIII
View Profile Email
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2010, 04:59:03 pm »

my money's on D3G ldo
Evenpence
Basic User

AlphaFoNGGGG
View Profile Email
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2010, 05:09:14 pm »

my money's on D3G ldo

You should actually come this time and say hi to your old friend Colby.

<3

[17:25] Desolutionist: i hope they reprint empty the warrens as a purple card in planar chaos
TD
Full Members
Basic User

Plagic86
View Profile Email
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2010, 03:57:39 pm »

my money's on D3G ldo

<3

I thought you were dead.

I am currently looking for vintage players in NJ to test with. Please PM me if you are interested.
Evenpence
Basic User

AlphaFoNGGGG
View Profile Email
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2010, 04:11:07 pm »

my money's on D3G ldo

<3

I thought you were dead.

You thought...

RIGHT?

I'm back from the dead, bitches.

[17:25] Desolutionist: i hope they reprint empty the warrens as a purple card in planar chaos
Iron_Chef
Goddamned Champion
Adepts
Basic User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2010, 12:05:15 pm »

Events added, prizes updated, more awesomeness at the Philly Open!

"Originality is the fine art of remembering what you hear but forgetting where you heard it." -Laurence J. Peter

Ravager Sam
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2010, 12:27:12 pm »

I can haz round 1 bye?

Very Happy
forcethewill
Tournament Organizers
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2010, 05:59:55 pm »

look everyone im really sorry about this but i just feel that i have to seriously say this

I am winning this event.  i plan on beating everyone who shows up from Mr. Matt "here comes the angel" Elias to Mr. Jeff "i dont care what im playing im going to top 8" Folinus.  Hell there will be some animal abuse  beating tigers.  I am believe in equality so i plan on beating Max "i love black men" Brown and Austin "i dont have a good nickname for him so I will just put in a Q" Pollack

So basically if you just want to give Nick "the best thing since the double down" Coss your money and like go to the Hardrock Instead of actually taking the time it will take to deal with turn 1 fetch land for trop esg flash hulk with force back up and reverend silence.  I am winning this event.  So if you please just show up give the money to Mr. Coss and just dont play.  It wouldnt be fair because i am such a savage at this game.  

I am being serious
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 08:11:36 am by forcethewill » Logged

I thought this was going to be a random thread about Tools and Tubbies. Now I'm sad.

homeless... will a team take me in?  plays well with others Smile
mr.grim
The Colossus of Calamity
Basic User

N.Y.S.E. Open 2 Champion.

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2010, 01:47:03 pm »

The buzz on this tourny is getting bigger buy the nanosecond. I honestly feel bad for the peeps who don't make it to this one!!!
Tho I personally plan on winning this one buy beating everyone ,like Tito beats Jenna.

Trembling tracks and clattering coaches,  THE BLOWOUT TRAIN is a rollin.

CHOO-CHOOO!
personalbackfire
Full Members
Basic User

personalbackfire
View Profile Email
« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2010, 03:05:23 pm »

look everyone im really sorry about this but i just feel that i have to seriously say this
 Hell there will be some animal abuse  beating tigers.

I am sorry to inform you that I wont be making Saturday of this event. Unfortunatly your animal abuse will have to wait until a later date. However,  being as I wont be there an extra top 8 slot just appeared for players (cough: scrubs jk) like yourself to try and get there! It is just too bad that between Elias, Folinus, and the rest of D3awesome you have little chance to win.
Prospero
Aequitas
Administrator
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2010, 09:26:13 pm »

Hell there will be some animal abuse  beating tigers.

I am sorry to inform you that I wont be making Saturday of this event. Unfortunatly your animal abuse will have to wait until a later date. However,  being as I wont be there an extra top 8 slot just appeared for players (cough: scrubs jk) like yourself to try and get there! It is just too bad that between Elias, Folinus, and the rest of D3awesome you have little chance to win.

What's wrong Tiger?  Is there an Extended tournament going on somewhere?

"I値l break my staff,
I値l drown my book."

The Return of Superman

Mr. Type 4
Creator of Type 4
Full Members
Basic User

Creator of Type 4 - Discoverer of Steve Menendian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2010, 10:30:38 pm »

Start time is at Noon?  Thanks Nick!!  Now I dont have to get up at the ass-crack of dawn to win this Lotus. 

Got bad pairings at the last one, should be due for better luck this time around.

2008 VINTAGE CHAMPION
2013 NYSE OPEN I CHAMPION
Team Meandeck

Mastriano's the only person I know who can pick up chicks and win magic tournaments at the same time.
Iron_Chef
Goddamned Champion
Adepts
Basic User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: May 04, 2010, 12:53:03 pm »

updated those byes for the vintage tournament!

Evenpence
Basic User

AlphaFoNGGGG
View Profile Email
« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2010, 01:02:02 pm »

PM me if you're from central PA or west of central PA and you want to save some money on gas.

psyburat
Adepts
Basic User

Mike Noble

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2010, 07:45:18 pm »

I won't lose a single match in Saturday's festivities (won't be there Sunday).  I guarantee it.

How very me of you.
forcethewill
Tournament Organizers
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2010, 10:36:19 pm »

I won't lose a single match in Saturday's festivities (won't be there Sunday).  I guarantee it.
You will.  I plan on it.  I  regret to inform you but Im not losing.  Seriously..

I thought this was going to be a random thread about Tools and Tubbies. Now I'm sad.

Therubecube
Basic User

Showmeaction1664
View Profile Email
« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2010, 07:52:04 am »

You will.  I plan on it.  I  regret to inform you but Im not losing.  Seriously..

When's the last time you saw the God of Thunder lose? I mean seriously....

N.Y.S.E.
Iron_Chef
Goddamned Champion
Adepts
Basic User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2010, 10:22:07 am »

Do I really need to remind people of this?

God of Thunder: 0

Metal Toilet-seat Cover Dispenser: 1

forcethewill
Tournament Organizers
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2010, 12:44:05 pm »

Pretty sure that I won that fight. May have broken my hand but I fucked that thing the hell up

Prospero
Aequitas
Administrator
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2010, 01:10:04 pm »

I've got to go with Jimmy on this one. 

And I'm hoping that specific version of the God of Thunder doesn't show up on Saturday...

"I値l break my staff,
I値l drown my book."

The Return of Superman

Iron_Chef
Goddamned Champion
Adepts
Basic User

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2010, 04:35:14 pm »

Yea, FYI everyone,

While I have no problem with outside food or drinks at the Convention Center, players cannot bring alcohol into the event.  I got in trouble last time for that, and I do not want to lose the PA Convention Center as a venue (as I am sure neither do any of you).  That said, someone (not me) should probably make a reservation at the Hard Rock Cafe now.

-Nick

forcethewill
Tournament Organizers
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2010, 08:54:28 pm »

Fyi
I'm not drinking I'm winning. The god of thunder can't actually play magic while drunk. But James Hangley can play and win while sober. I hear he is a champ....

Cruel Ultimatum
Full Members
Basic User

froz3nn
View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 06, 2010, 12:31:08 am »

Fyi
I'm not drinking I'm winning. The god of thunder can't actually play magic while drunk. But James Hangley can play and win while sober. I hear he is a champ....

Well if James hangley and Mike egan dont t8, I have been training for the afterparty, infact I am pretty trained rihgt now. However both us us doing not well is unlikel;y.

Egan

ECW
Nomad
Basic User

s_w_cooper@hotmail.com
View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 07, 2010, 03:11:05 am »

I'm not drinking I'm winning.

I expect either way, Hangley's mind will end the tournament in a state where it's capable of believing he won.

Any NYers want to join me and Sharkey in a little foray to Club Risque on the way home to view some fairly attractive ladies?

Therubecube
Basic User

Showmeaction1664
View Profile Email
« Reply #59 on: May 08, 2010, 10:05:35 am »

I'm not drinking I'm winning.

I expect either way, Hangley's mind will end the tournament in a state where it's capable of believing he won.

Any NYers want to join me and Sharkey in a little foray to Club Risque on the way home to view some fairly attractive ladies?

Will it be anything like that joint in Seattle? That was quite the trip.

N.Y.S.E.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: