TheManaDrain.com
August 17, 2018, 03:12:05 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Linked Events
  • ELD's Mox Bridgewater, MA: May 08, 2010
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ELD's Mox XXVIII May 8th - You Asked For It @Scholars  (Read 1000 times)
ELD
Full Members
Basic User

Eric Dupuis

ericeld1980
View Profile
« on: April 21, 2010, 12:43:21 pm »

I've heard the requests.  People want a monthly Mox event series again, and I'm always up for the challange.  ELD's Mox tournaments return to the home of Monday Night Vintage: longest running weekly Vintage events in New England.  Centrally located, and accessible via MassTransit, this tournament will be drawing from all player bases in the area.

We had a slight issue with food last time.  I will be ordering Pizza for purchase by the slice.  People not interested in pizza are advised to bring a non-messy lunch.  

First place prize will be an Unlimited Mox Pearl.

Here are the details:
ELD's Mox 28
Saturday, May 8th, 2010
$25 Entry Fee

with:
Scholar's Bookstore
34 Central Sq
Bridgewater, MA
Phone: (508) 279-1712

Google Maps Directions

Mass Transit Information

Parking is on the street and in the lots behind the building.

Top 8 Prizes (example for 32 players)

1st Place - Mox Pearl- GUARANTEED!
2nd Place - English Mana Drain (additional options will be added on the day of the event)
3rd Place -  Underground Sea  
4th Place -  Underground Sea
5th-8th - Choice from Insane Vintage Swag including Dual Lands, Force of Will and other Type 1 Staples or 2 cards from the PIMPED SWAG including Foils, Black boardered goodness, ELD Proxies and more.  

I am going to give away the Mox Pearl regardless of attendance.  Prizes will be adjusted based on attendance.  100% of the entry fees will be put towards the prizes.  On the day of the event, I will dig into my collection to make sure that everyone who places will be able to choose from tons of cards they'd be happy with.  That's what to expect out of all of my tournaments!

Pre-Registration Prize - I'll be giving away a prize to one person who pre-registers.  Pre-registration makes these events run as smoothly as possible, so thanks you!  You can pre-register by sending me an PM or e-mailing me at EricELD@comcast.net  You can also pre-register by via the Facebook Group - New England Vintage.  You do not need to pay ahead of time, this is just to get a head count.  This is especially important this time around, as well be setting up the store with the goal to accommodate the maximum amount of people, yet be as roomy as possible.  

Carpool Prize -  I'll be giving away a prize to one person who is in the largest carpools to the event.  Carpooling is key to building community and keeping costs down for players.  This includes groups coming via Mass Transit.  This is my way of thanking the people who make these events so successful.  

Registration begins at 10:00 AM.  Decklists must be received by 11:00 AM.  The tournament will begin at 11:30 AM sharp.  Swiss rounds based on attendance - Cut to top 8.  

Proxy rules
15 Proxies.  ELD Proxies do not count towards your proxy limit.  

Side Event:
EDH Side Event.  As the Top 8 begins, we will have an EDH side event.  We will either do pods of 4, or larger game, depending interest.  Entry will be $5, and it will be 100% in credit towards my extensive singles selection, or anything at Scholars. 

I will be buying any and all cards turn your unwanted cards into cash!

Look forward to seeing you all there.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 02:37:35 pm by ELD » Logged

unrestrict: Freedom
Bill Copes
Adepts
Basic User

I don't have an avatar. I am an avatar.

zebraturbosled
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 01:02:25 pm »

PRE REG!

I'm the only other legal target, so I draw 6 cards, and he literally quits Magic. 

Terrorists searching in vain for these powerful weapons have the saying "Bill Copes spitteth, and he taketh away."

Team TMD
DubDub
Full Members
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 03:56:25 pm »

Just moved an appointment I had so that I will be free for this.  99% certain that now I will be able to make it!

If anyone wants to carpool down from Maine PM me.  (*crickets*)

Vintage is a lovely format, it's too bad so few people can play because the supply of power is so small.

Chess really changed when they decided to stop making Queens and Bishops.  I'm just glad I got my copies before the prices went crazy.
Diakonov
Full Members
Basic User

Hey Now

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 09:41:33 pm »

I have plans that day.  Sad

If you keep running them, I'll show up.  Also, pardon my heresy, but...have you considered running Legacy events also?

VINTAGE CONSOLES
VINTAGE MAGIC
VINTAGE JACKETS

Team Hadley

honestabe
Basic User

How many more Unicorns must die???

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 09:48:20 pm »

I have an exam this day (Yeah, a Saturday), but like Diakonov said, if you keep running them, I'll show up.  Also, the whole legacy thing...I second that

As far as I can tell, the entire Vintage community is based on absolute statements
  -Chris Pikula
ELD
Full Members
Basic User

Eric Dupuis

ericeld1980
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 10:29:00 pm »

I'll be unveiling my plans regarding Legacy at this event. 

The Atog Lord
Administrator
Basic User

The+Atog+Lord
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2010, 11:25:41 pm »

This is something I miss greatly. Monday Night Vintage was always, without exception, awesome. A Mox tournament at Scholars, run by ELD, could be nothing but amazing.

The Academy: If I'm not dead, I have a Dragonlord Dromoka coming in 4 turns
Masked_Rider
Basic User

pizhan
View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2010, 12:27:21 am »

This event will be receiving media coverage.

The winner will find their face on the front of a national newspaper Smile

Consider my self pre-registered
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 12:31:24 am by Masked_Rider » Logged

ELD
Full Members
Basic User

Eric Dupuis

ericeld1980
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2010, 02:34:09 pm »

EDH Side Event added!

ELD
Full Members
Basic User

Eric Dupuis

ericeld1980
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2010, 02:48:39 pm »

This event is just a few days away!  I have a couple collections that I'll be going through, both for singles, and to add more choices to the prize pool.  See you all Saturday. 

sundering jerk
Basic User

see you in space

xdream750
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2010, 08:43:12 pm »

pre reg!

If anyone is driving near fairfield county CT or north east RI drop me a line, gas is to much
Bill Copes
Adepts
Basic User

I don't have an avatar. I am an avatar.

zebraturbosled
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2010, 12:05:42 pm »

I'm going to go ahead and pre-reg Dan Cunningham, as well as a second pre-reg for myself.

PRE-REG 2.0

This time, it's serious.

I'm the only other legal target, so I draw 6 cards, and he literally quits Magic. 

Terrorists searching in vain for these powerful weapons have the saying "Bill Copes spitteth, and he taketh away."

Team TMD
Englishman_in_NH
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2010, 04:31:42 pm »

I should be there, as long as the kid is behaving. So please pre-reg me.

Oli

Ball and Chain: Using your discarded decks since 1994.
DubDub
Full Members
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2010, 10:09:16 pm »

Should have bet on the longshot.  I am unable to attend tomorrow, as I will be working.  I'm sure the event will be fantastic, looking forward to seeing the lists.  Good luck everybody.

Vintage is a lovely format, it's too bad so few people can play because the supply of power is so small.

Chess really changed when they decided to stop making Queens and Bishops.  I'm just glad I got my copies before the prices went crazy.
Nefarias
Full Members
Basic User

NefariasAndy
View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2010, 10:00:41 am »

Sorry Eric, I woke this morning feeling terrible. Good Luck on the day.

Team GG's

Quote from: Young Jeezy
This will be the realest shit you ever quote
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: