TheManaDrain.com
December 09, 2019, 01:58:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15
  Print  
Author Topic: Rumors/Previews/mtg.com articles 2010 - 2013  (Read 68839 times)
MaximumCDawg
Full Members
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: February 29, 2012, 05:57:56 pm »

Original wording Lotus Vale??   Smile  LOL I KEED I KEED

This is one time I'm gonna thank my lucky stars that the Reserve List will stop Vale form being printed in this set.  If it was, they'd use Oracle text and consider the most recent printing to be the nail in the coffin, ala Mox Diamond.
Royal Ass.
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: February 29, 2012, 07:59:35 pm »

With the Reserved List loophole closed, these FTV sets just aren't nearly as exciting to speculate on.  I feel like half the coolness of the FTV originally was that it was a way for them to print reserved cards.  They should really just stop doing the whole FTV thing, as I see it as sort of a joke now. 
Norm4eva
Full Members
Basic User

The87thBombfish
View Profile
« Reply #362 on: February 29, 2012, 08:53:13 pm »

With the Reserved List loophole closed, these FTV sets just aren't nearly as exciting to speculate on.  I feel like half the coolness of the FTV originally was that it was a way for them to print reserved cards.  They should really just stop doing the whole FTV thing, as I see it as sort of a joke now. 

I kind of agree, except I play Legacy a lot, so FTV has a little extra appeal there.  I'll still never see dual lands in the form that I'd like, but there bunches of format staples that can show up in a FTV set that have Legacy appeal.
Darkenslight
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #363 on: March 03, 2012, 08:00:29 am »

riashidan port, urborg tomb of yawgmoth, mutavault, riptide lab,glimmervoid, karakas, all seem like good choices to me

This is my prospective list (in no particular order):

1) Glacial Chasm
2) Faerie Conclave
3) Unglued[/i] basic land (probably Island)
4) Wasteland
5) Karakas/Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
6) Ancient Tomb
7) Cabal Coffers
8) Rith's Grove
9) Rishadan Port
10) Karoo
11) Crystal Vein
12) Terrain Generator
13) Minamo, School at Water's Edge/Forbidden Orchard
14) Vitu-Ghazi, the City Tree
15) Reflecting Pool
LotusHead
Full Members
Basic User

Team Vacaville

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: March 06, 2012, 02:20:02 am »

http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/activity/922

Another "Fuck You, Vintage" from Wizards of the Coast...

DubDub
Full Members
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #365 on: March 06, 2012, 08:04:04 am »

http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/activity/922

Another "Fuck You, Vintage" from Wizards of the Coast...

I wonder why it's prohibitive?

/Oh, what's this 'Reserved List' thing over here in the corner?

Vintage is a lovely format, it's too bad so few people can play because the supply of power is so small.

Chess really changed when they decided to stop making Queens and Bishops.  I'm just glad I got my copies before the prices went crazy.
Diakonov
Full Members
Basic User

Hey Now

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: March 06, 2012, 10:24:34 am »

Well, it's not really WotC's fault.  It's Hasbro's, for not allowing a reversal of the Reserve List and closing the loophole.

I thought the article was fine.  In fact, they even said our community was "vibrant and top notch," and mentioned the championship at Gen Con. 

VINTAGE CONSOLES
VINTAGE MAGIC
VINTAGE JACKETS

Team Hadley

BC
Full Members
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #367 on: March 06, 2012, 01:09:46 pm »

I would have been shocked if they said anything other than what they did.  The breaking news to me is that they are sticking with the "big painting" prize for Vintage/Legacy Champs.  I was hoping they would come up with something that people actually wanted.  While I'm on the subject, the new art for Timetwister is... ok.  It's just a little boring.  The art for Brainstorm, on the other hand, is a little too on the nose for me.  It's a brain making a storm.  Nice.
T00L
Basic User

Has Been

TOOLundertow46n2
View Profile
« Reply #368 on: March 06, 2012, 01:36:43 pm »

Didn't they already give away timetwister art?

I like my Magic decks like I like my relationships. Abusive.

Team GGs: We welcome all types of degeneracy!
GrandpaBelcher
Adepts
Basic User

1000% Serious

View Profile WWW
« Reply #369 on: March 06, 2012, 01:37:10 pm »

I was also not surprised. I was, however, disappointed that they're redoing the Power 9 rather than going to other marquee Vintage cards like Workshop, Time Vault, Library, Drain etc.

Cast Force of Love and help support the Serious Vintage podcast and streaming!
https://teespring.com/seriousvintage
BC
Full Members
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #370 on: March 06, 2012, 04:39:02 pm »

This was the Timetwister painting from 2004.  Interesting that they didn't start back over with Black Lotus, which was the first painting given in 2003.
Suicideking
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: March 06, 2012, 06:19:31 pm »

I like the 2004 twister more then the new one.  I wouldnt hang either of the new paintings in my house, but I have high artistic standards.
Ten-Ten
Basic User

Shalom Aleichem

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: March 06, 2012, 09:33:19 pm »

....well things ain't changing if we support playing for a "painting" with mediocre art every year and complain about it just here.
has any body tried getting through to them about this? besides just venting on TMD?

I just find it stupid that they actually say they want to be inclusive not exclusive... are they not doing the complete opposite?

Well, usually WotC makes up for certain things when they print awesome stuff like Commander and Archenemy. not to mention Snapcaster mage, Grafdigger's cage and Thalia.
So, I am hoping for the best in future comic book promos and now FTV:Realms.

Colossians 2:2,3
 That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, both of the Father, and of Christ; In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.
Meddling Mike
Master of Divination
Administrator
Basic User

Not Chris Pikula

micker01 Micker1985 micker1985
View Profile
« Reply #373 on: March 06, 2012, 10:49:00 pm »

I thought the article was actually complimentary to the Vintage community. Could you imagine a Vintage GP? It would be a ridiculous mess. Pros desperately trying to acquire a set of power. Lowest attendance numbers for a GP ever. Maybe with reprints of Vintage staples/throwing out the reserve list or allowing proxies I could see it, but that will never happen.

Meddling Mike posts so loudly that nobody can get a post in edgewise.

Team TMD - If you feel that team secrecy is bad for Vintage put this in your signature
T00L
Basic User

Has Been

TOOLundertow46n2
View Profile
« Reply #374 on: March 07, 2012, 01:18:10 am »

So who won the first Timetwister art? Windfall?

I like my Magic decks like I like my relationships. Abusive.

Team GGs: We welcome all types of degeneracy!
Will
Veritas
Adepts
Basic User

Wmagzoo7
View Profile
« Reply #375 on: March 07, 2012, 01:48:33 am »

http://www.magiclibrarities.net/468-rarities-vintage-championship-oversized-unique-cards-english-cards-index.html

That's a historical list of winners and it shows all of the previous paintings, though it unfortunately hasn't been updated to include Mark. 

The artist formerly known as Wmagzoo7

"If one does not know to which port one is sailing, no wind is favorable" - Seneca
aahz
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: March 07, 2012, 02:12:11 am »

Could it be that this is a huge blunder? And the art is really for Time Vault?
LotusHead
Full Members
Basic User

Team Vacaville

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: March 07, 2012, 02:42:02 am »

I thought the article was actually complimentary to the Vintage community. Could you imagine a Vintage GP? It would be a ridiculous mess. Pros desperately trying to acquire a set of power. Lowest attendance numbers for a GP ever. Maybe with reprints of Vintage staples/throwing out the reserve list or allowing proxies I could see it, but that will never happen.

Pros would borrow a set of power/entire deck. Just like they borrow T2 decks.

every town has at least 1 powered player.

Vintage is a tough nut to crack. It's the most prohibitive format to get into and as such it also has the smallest following. But the community it does have is vibrant and top notch. In talking to the folks at Organized Play, they made it clear there are no plans to bring Vintage to a Grand Prix-style event. Doing so is counter to our goals for Grand Prix events, which we want to be inclusive rather than exclusive.

If Wizards decided to do "ONE VINTAGE GP", then certainly, less people would show up. but Legacy tournies have had some of the highest number of players over even standard and modern. One GP a year (or say, 1 in US, 1 in Europe) would be awesome!  Eupore has plenty of powered players, and plenty of experience underpowered (fish/dredge, etc) players keeping people in check. Vintage players don't ask for much. Just...something more than just the one tourney a year.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 02:51:41 am by LotusHead » Logged

Troy_Costisick
Full Members
Basic User

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #378 on: March 07, 2012, 05:45:28 am »

Couldn't they have done other, non-power9 art like Mana Drain, Yawgmoth's Will, or Strip Mine?  Repeating the same card is kinda lame.

Ten-Ten
Basic User

Shalom Aleichem

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: March 07, 2012, 09:23:45 pm »

Couldn't they have done other, non-power9 art like Mana Drain, Yawgmoth's Will, or Strip Mine?  Repeating the same card is kinda lame.
+1

Colossians 2:2,3
 That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, both of the Father, and of Christ; In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.
DubDub
Full Members
Basic User

View Profile Email
« Reply #380 on: March 09, 2012, 11:26:43 am »

Next judge foils, according to MTGS: Command Tower and Sneak Attack.

Likely prevents Command Tower from getting into FTV:Realms.

Vintage is a lovely format, it's too bad so few people can play because the supply of power is so small.

Chess really changed when they decided to stop making Queens and Bishops.  I'm just glad I got my copies before the prices went crazy.
CorwinB
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: March 29, 2012, 08:07:32 am »

There is some very nice new art available on MTGO, probably for the MTGO Cube digital reprints of the original Dual Lands :
http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=404015

BaronSengir
Basic User

patriarch1002
View Profile WWW
« Reply #382 on: March 29, 2012, 08:29:06 am »

That art looks amazing! I love those lands, they remind me of the original duals.

"Bottled life. Not as tasty as I'm used to, rather stale, but it has the same effect." Baron Sengir
My Deck Index
Lemnear
Basic User

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: March 29, 2012, 04:19:52 pm »

I am the only one who see there Windswept Heath and Polluted Delta among Bayou and other Duals? Magic Online Arts i guess
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 04:22:52 pm by Lemnear » Logged

Member of Team RS (Germany)
LotusHead
Full Members
Basic User

Team Vacaville

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: April 02, 2012, 10:58:28 pm »

BaronSengir
Basic User

patriarch1002
View Profile WWW
« Reply #385 on: April 03, 2012, 08:20:59 am »

And my reanimator deck has a new creature in it.

"Bottled life. Not as tasty as I'm used to, rather stale, but it has the same effect." Baron Sengir
My Deck Index
Norm4eva
Full Members
Basic User

The87thBombfish
View Profile
« Reply #386 on: April 03, 2012, 10:43:07 am »

As does my Commander deck.  Sweet Jesus but that's going to be fun, blowing up the world except for mine.
AmbivalentDuck
Tournament Organizers
Basic User

Exile Ancestral and turn Tiago sideways.

ambivalentduck ambivalentduck ambivalentduck
View Profile
« Reply #387 on: April 03, 2012, 11:20:17 am »

As does my Commander deck.  Sweet Jesus but that's going to be fun, blowing up the world except for mine.
I don't think this is a reanimation target.  It simply doesn't "win now" or shut down your opponent like Iona, Terastodon, or Jin can.

In EDH, you build wraths_n_geddons.dec with this as your general, win once, and get mercilessly gang-raped thereafter.

A link to the GitHub project where I store all of my Cockatrice decks.
Team TMD - If you feel that team secrecy is bad for Vintage put this in your signature
Any interest in putting together/maintaining a Github Git project that hosts proven decks of all major archetypes and documents their changes over time?
Onslaught
Full Members
Basic User

this is me reading your posts

SmoothCriminalRW
View Profile
« Reply #388 on: April 16, 2012, 10:06:49 pm »

Apparently there is a land that names a creature type when it comes into play. Tap for colorless, or tap to add mana of any color to your pool, spend only on creature of the chosen type - that creature cannot be countered.

Just a rumor for now, but somewhat likely.
The Atog Lord
Administrator
Basic User

The+Atog+Lord
View Profile
« Reply #389 on: April 16, 2012, 10:30:11 pm »

Man, the best land of all time for CounterSliver.

The Academy: If I'm not dead, I have a Dragonlord Dromoka coming in 4 turns
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15
  Print  

Jump to: